Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 164
This game is hitting all my buttons.

Official site

Here's a pretty good explanation of the demo they showed.

The companion app sounds pretty cool too. I don't think this would be considered a second screen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-companion-app

What is The Division?

Persistent Open World Tactical Cover Based Online RPG Shooter.

Devs have repeatedly stressed RPG which could mean dice rolls instead of accurate bullet physics. ("Unlike such rivals as Destiny and Borderlands, The Division isn't selling itself as a hybrid, and Massive is planting its feet firmly on the side of the dice roll." Taken from the Eurogamer 2 article)

Always online (Eurogamer article interviewing Alain Corre)

Only one server per platform in order to prevent picking the wrong server and having to make a new character to play with your friends.

Game built to be added to, will not have sequels. (Gamespot interview)

Game world is persistent and continues to evolve while the player is offline (OXM article)

No Splitscreen (The Division World Interview)

PC version will not simply be a port, it will be ground up for camera, controls and character (The Division World Interview)

Game is not a "Survival" game like DayZ, food and water will not be absolutely essential (The Division World Interview)

Release Date

Release is currently scheduled for "Winter 2014" they at one point commented a year and a half away so that would put it Holiday Season 2014 not Q1 2014 (1 1/2 year specified in IGN interview 2)

Simultaneous launch for PS4, Xbox One, and PC (The Division World Interview)

Gameplay

Able to play solo through most of the content other than specifically marked group events
Seamlessly move between solo, co-op, and PVP

Extraction always triggers a 90 second timer (Eurogamer article 2)

When outside of a "Secure Zone" or a "Social Zone" you will not see any players other than ones on your team. The reason for this was to avoid other players from interfering with your personal exploration. This will be similar to Guild Wars 1. (The Division World Interview)

Some areas may be more difficult, but it won't be a flat level progression per zone (The Division World Interview)

Securing areas will influence your game world, example in Rev3 interview was that the police will be able to start patrolling the area and make the area safer. Also mentioned bringing back power and water to the area as possible objectives.

Helicopter flying on the in game map, no idea what the helicopter does, whether we can shoot it, whether it's involved in extraction, or whether it's just a little touch.

There are red lines above the players head which include the street name and the tag Dark Zone, this allows players to see whether they're in a Dark Zone or not

A vehicle can be seen driving in the distance at 2:31 in the gameplay demo. It only shows for a second. This seems to indicate that there will be vehicles you can use, unfortunately the devs have contradicted this with comments regarding using fuel to heat your food, purify water, and other survival purposes as opposed to driving around.

Wanted Poster in police station next to map indicates some sort of bounty hunting gameplay. Whether Oskar was another player or just an NPC is unknown.

DarkZones

Only encounter other players in the dark zones: CVG interview

PVE and PVP missions in the dark zones, no PVP outside the dark zones (Rev3 interview)

Death in PVP will result in you losing items you haven't extracted with. Since PVP is only available in dark zones, extraction from areas outside the dark zones might not result in PVP.

There is an in game story related reason why other players can attack you in Dark Zones even though you are all part of the Division. (GiantBomb interview)

Always safe from attack outside of dark zones (Taken from Eurogamer article 2)

Teaming mechanics

Team Size 4 players + 1 companion drone

Able to see team's skill selections so you can pick skills to complement the team

Each player has their own Persistent world, when players join a team they will share the team leader's persistent world for the duration of that team (Stated in the Gamespot interview)

Game scales based on whether you team or not. More enemies, more rewards, better XP, more loot.

"With this game we try to match people with compatible playstyles to make sure that people you meet online are actually people you want to play with and not just some random people."

Also in the Rev3 interview it mentions if a player has a baby it'll try to match them up with players who are ok with each other going AFK for a few minutes to deal with things.

Crafting

Crafting will be important, but approachable, can be focused on fairly hardcore but can also be somewhat ignored depending on player preference. (The Division World Interview)

Communication

Ingame Voice chat system, setup to be Voice Over IP so you can hear your team from anywhere

Voice Chat confirmed for Companion App (Yogscast Interview)

Destruction

Holes shot in windows realistically instead of just slapping a bullet holedecal on the window

Police car lights individually able to be shot out

Holes shot in the police station sign let light shine through

Lights can be shot out to darken a room

Damage from bullets and explosions remains between play sessions (OXM article)

Character

No Classes, pick the skills you want, the weapon(s) you want, and go

Character customization will be huge. Clothing, look, gender, starting equipment (The Division World Interview)

They are trying to ensure that you can't make a bad choice at character creation (The Division World Interview)

Companion gaming has it's own progression including buffing allies, debuffing enemies, marking targets, and shooting enemies

Companion gaming available on Tablets and Smartphones (will most likely depend on smartphone specs and OS)

Companion gaming will be free to play. Gaming Illustrated interview seems to indicate the app itself will be free so people can get an idea of what the main game is like before they decide to buy it.

Drone will be able to buff your team, debuff the enemy, heal your team, fire missiles, and possibly fire bullets (Taken from Anthony Shelton's video)

Can be played separately from console gamers (Eurogamer article 2)

Second app will be available that allows access to the game's economy/trading/black market (Eurogamer Article 2)

Face and Clothing customization confirmed in Gamespot interview

Skills

Some sort of group heal – used by Megan to heal the group for 250hp

Adrenaline Boost - recovers a friendly target's health and stamina by 500

Seeker Mine - places a seeker mine. the mine activates when a hostile is in range and chases the target for up to 10secs. on impact the mine deals 1500-2000dmg to all targets in range

Pulse - sends out an optical pulse in a 60m radius, highlighting all targets in the range through walls and other object

Distraction device - throws a short-range acoustic device that makes nearby targets investigate its position

the third skill in skill set 3 looks like the turret bronson uses

Indomitable - protects the operative from crowd control and prevents the health from going below 1 for the next 3 secs

Skill called Shockwave mentioned, no details given (Metro Interview)

Separate section called Talents

Group buff from the Tablet player showing an increase of 20 damage

Respec of Talent points is available

Should not need to reroll a character due to being able to respec and obtain all the skills at max level. Only reason to respec (According to devs on Gamespot interview) is to have characters of different genders.

Skills are bought using points, then can be assigned to the bumpers on the controller

Two additional options for spending skill points mentioned "Quicker reloads" and "Silent Footsteps" (Yogscast Interview)

Player skill: AoE shoulder check of some sort. Knocks down and damages enemies. (Companion Gaming Trailer)

Some form of crowd control abilities in the game. The Skill Indomitable says it protects the operative from crowd control.

Drone skills/weapons: Module 1: Heal, Cleanse; Module 2: Cloak; Guns: Sniper rifle, Machine Gun, Laser Cannon; Deployables: Spider Mine, Turret Drone; Heavy Weapons: Missile, Napalm-C Missile (Companion Gaming Trailer)

Armor Debuff, Damage buff seem to build a charge bar at the bottom with multiple sections. Bar drains when missile is fired. Unsure how many sections are required to be able to fire missile.(Companion Gaming Trailer)

Main Story

Story will not be linear, game focuses on letting players go where they want and do what they want so the story will unfold as you play rather than depending on where you go. (The Division World Interview)

Able to experience the full story without going into PVP at any point (The Division World Interview)

"we had said that they have created an agency called The Division. [This is] our last hope when everything else fails. So when the Order 51 goes live, these agents get activated, and their job is to save what remains and try to restore society. They were embedded in civilian life since you can't trust that communication would work, or that transportation would work. They are already in place and have ordinary jobs as, you know, doctors, police officers, military, engineers, scientists, all those kind of jobs. Once they get activated they take their go-bag, they go out and try to save what remains."

Game has a main story that involves finding cure to stop the virus.

Virus is Man-made

Playing 3 weeks after the virus was released meaning you are in the middle of the apocalypse instead of the usual post-apocalyptic gameplay.

Dynamic Content system: As you are running around, new content is spawning making each playthrough different

Role as a Division agent is to help restore order. Does not sound like we'll be able to interfere with the police, etc. NPCs will cause the problems, we'll clean them up.

Game is not post-apocalyptic, but you also aren't stopping something before it happens. The game is what the developers call "Mid-crisis", the virus has happened, but society isn't lost yet.

"The Division" (name of the organization you are a part of) is a group of self sufficient operatives specially trained for dealing with disaster situations.

Game is based on Operation Dark Winter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dark_Winter) and Presidential Directive 51 (http://www.fas.org/irp/offdocs/nspd/nspd-51.htm) Both are real world events and they indicate the potential that events in the game could happen in our lifetime.

There won't be a true "Go here, do this" type story to the game. Instead the game's story will be revealed through your actions, where you go, what you do, which locations you secure. (IGN Interview 2 specific section)

Factions

Cannot play as unfriendly faction (most likely meaning terrorists, gangs or other government groups: CIA, FBI, etc.)(Ubisoft Blog)

There will be "Faction Gameplay" (Whether this means there are rivaling factions within The Division or whether this is just their term for guilds/clans/squads/etc is unknown at the moment)(Ubisoft Blog)

NPCs

No AI companions (Metro article, bottom interview section)

Infected NPCs are dangerous to the players (Yogscast Interview)

Different factions will have different "Tech levels" and movement patterns (Game Reactor E3)

Enemy Types

Bratva Thugs: Russian Mafia mentioned to be the enemies in the police station (Gametrailers interview)

Megan says that the guy on the roof is an "Elite" indicating various difficulties of enemies.

HUD

The watch he uses to access the map, skills, etc is called a Smart Watch

The UI is displayed for the agent via a special contact lens

Health and ammo on bar and in number format

Active skills or perks shown below health bar

Group members shown with status, health, perks, AFK status, and a symbol for whether they are playing on the ground or from a tablet.

Group members shown with clan tag

Able to scan NPC's for infection

Also able to scan for the cause of death on a body

Players have points to spend on unlocking other skills.

XP awarded for kills. More xp for harder NPC's

Damage output shown when shot lands

Items highlighted - Food, water, Med kit, Weapon type

Map in the police station can be used to update your map. Possibly allows you to find events that other cannot.

New weapon shows name, damage range, accuracy range, magazine size, and attachment capabilities

Extraction countdown of 90 seconds shown after flare launches

Enemy players' names and clan name shown after player uses Pulse

Red lines connecting close enemies. White line connecting teammates.

Level of Event at construction site displayed as Level 3

Map

Whole map open from the start

Map in the police station in the E3 gameplay trailer is apparently 96 square kilometers (37 square miles). This is larger than Skyrim's map for those who wish to make a comparison.

Streets are named after real streets in New York City and even seem to be in the same position: Water Street, Washington Street, and Main Street.

From the map in the police station it looks like we may have as far south as Governor's island or Red Hook, North as far as Madison Square Park, East to about the 78, and west I doubt we'd reach the interchange of the 495 and 278. Now it's possible that other police stations will have other maps, but considering the roads seem to be about almost as long as the real streets, the game area is going to be huge. Especially if we have to travel on foot the whole time.

A link to Google Maps with a marker at the intersection where the demo starts: https://maps.google.ca/maps?safe=off...ed=0CDYQ8gEwAA

Entering buildings will play a major role in gameplay. Devs want to give players as much opportunity to explore as possible. Areas we've seen include a pharmacy (Bronson comes out of it at the start of the demo), an apartment building (Open door on the right side of the first street they are on, don't know how much of it can be explored though), and the police station (Dev Q&A)

Waypoint markers on the map at 1:36 roughly show Manhattan on the bridges and briefly shows a marker to Queens. The police station map does not cover much of Queens so this may indicate maps available in other police stations that cover other areas.

Group members are marked with name

Orange dots with numbers connected to major locations

"Vendor" Locations with yellow diamonds

Dynamic event locations marked with Blue dots

Orange and blue shaded areas of the map. Orange area marked as "Dark Zone"

Three status shown on map: Secure, Failing, Critical

Items

Game will have a Black Market (Auction House) (Ubisoft Blog)

Back market will take a cut of whatever you sell your items for (Ubisoft Blog)

There is a currency. Which ties in with the Vendors.

Loot item: Appears to be a crafting component "Magnesium Charge" (Companion Gaming Trailer)

LMG of some type held by middle enemy just prior to the missile demo.(Companion Gaming Trailer)

Player 2 appears to be using an MP5 of some sort (If anyone can get a really good freeze frame of the weapons used by Nick, Player 2, or any of the enemies and possibly figure out exactly what weapons they are it would be greatly appreciated)(Companion Gaming Trailer)

72 hours worth of supplies when you start a character, after that you have to find food, water, medpacks, ammunition, weapons, upgrades,etc

Contraband mentioned in the IGN Interview

Food and water items are Buffs as mentioned in the IGN interview (Thanks Mehlaach)

Medpacks seem to be used for curing infection (Bronson in gameplay demo:"She's gone red. I'm low on packs though. We have to leave it.")Possible he was referring to a different type of pack though.

Number of different weapons in the game is supposed to be in the thousands according to Ubisoft blog 2.

Weapons and items looted throughout the city have to be extracted and decontaminated before they become yours (Eurogamer article 2)

Arm pads, Hoodie with jacket over top (Two styles of jackets over hoodies, one with hood up, one with hood down), Filter mask, Knit Cap, gloves (http://i.imgur.com/L8EPnaj.jpg)

Body armor, bandolier of some sort, thigh double magazine pack Knee pads, mismatched gloves (Megan's left hand is wearing a mitt her right is a fingerless glove), scarf, thigh holster (http://i.imgur.com/eSLNPee.jpg)

Bronson is wearing a pouch on his left thigh. (http://i.imgur.com/CdeG0lu.jpg)

WeaponTypes

Submachine gun

Shotgun

SniperRifle

Pistol

Assault Rifle

ModTypes

Stock

Suppressor

Scope

Magazine

Real weapons appearing in the Gameplay videos

Kriss Vector (Used by Nick)

Mk17 SR (SCAR-H)

M4 (Only seen in concept art thus far)

M21 (Megan's sniper rifle)

Remington 1100 TAC 4 (Bronson's shotgun: http://www.remington.com/products/fi...100-tac-4.aspx, Thanks Tha_Jig_Is_Up for helping me ID this one.)

Miscellaneous information

Guilds currently not planned to have a member cap (Ubisoft Blog 2)

Partnership with Microsoft: There may be specialized content for the Xbox One version, but it will not affect the gameplay in any meaningful way (The Division World Interview)

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Last edited by Yrd; 06-19-2014 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Adding info from Ubi forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
You and me both. I'd like to see more gameplay, especially with real players vs people knowingly playing for show.

But this appears to be a really, really COOP game to sink a lot of hours in with friends. Boarderlands but with a serious twist, deeper mechanics, and in a realistic setting.
post #3 of 74 Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 599
When is this supposed to be released? I really liked the gameplay walkthrough when I saw it earlier this week.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #4 of 74 Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Perhaps my favorite 3rd party game shown att E3. I am really looking forward to this title.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #5 of 74 Old 06-13-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 637
very, very excited for this game.. if it can deliver the potential of this game it could be one of the best games of 2014... can't wait to get a good AVS friends list to play this game with..

on release date, i read somewhere (i think ign.com) that it was set for sometime in 2014..
post #6 of 74 Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 175
yea it looks very interesting. i was showing it to some buddies who were not as excites as i was untill i told them there would be PVP. they lit right up

hopefully it will be awesome. definitly getting it
post #7 of 74 Old 06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

very, very excited for this game.. if it can deliver the potential of this game it could be one of the best games of 2014... can't wait to get a good AVS friends list to play this game with..

on release date, i read somewhere (i think ign.com) that it was set for sometime in 2014..

1. Me too. Its looks great.
1.5 I started a thread here last summer about MMO console games, whether or not they could be a legitimate genre. There are alot of games that are encroaching on that zone coming up.

2. The video he says they are shooting for a winter 2014 release.

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
post #8 of 74 Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 AM

Now here's something I didn't know. Apparently Digital Foundry is claiming it was running on PS4 hardware, and that it so far is only slated for console release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-tom-clancys-the-division
Quote:
Showcased playing live on PlayStation 4 as the zinger to Ubisoft's otherwise trailer-strewn conference, The Division reinvigorates our expectations of next-gen gaming. With its always online, post-pandemic take on New York City, it features a slew of advanced effects-work and physics that are hard to believe could be possible on current console technology. It's the technical pin-up of the moment, taking the mantle previously held by Ubisoft's own Watch Dogs (and the now sadly defunct Star Wars 1313 project) as indicators of what could be achieved with exclusive development on PS4 and Xbox One.

Swedish developer Massive Entertainment is at the heart of this operation, bringing to life this new open world RPG/shooter hybrid, as played from a third person perspective. Given how its seven minute demo doesn't bring to bear its online features to the absolute fullest extent, the striking attention to world detail is inevitably the part that stands out most. Everything is heightened over what we've come to expect of console gaming, from the increase in particles effects spewing from Molotov explosions, to the streets littered with debris and Christmas trimmings on the blink. It's gorgeous in motion, but given Ubisoft's history in delivering major franchises to as many platforms as humanly possible raises the question: is this truly only possible on next-gen hardware?

If the description of its Snowdrop engine is to be taken at face value, The Division works with technology specifically designed with next-gen platforms in mind. It cites dynamic global illumination, procedural destruction and a broad push for greater environmental detail and effects as its major strengths - but it doesn't quite do itself justice with that list. What its lengthy slice of gameplay does show in earnest is a widening of the play-field to support an always-online universe, where draw distances for geometry and reflection mapping alike necessarily show no apparent bounds. Never has high street filled with garbage, scurrying rats and ruined yellow taxis looked so compelling for a solo adventurer - but just as with any good photo-shoot, lighting is crucial to generating that appeal.

Also, here's the uncompressed 1080P30 7 min gameplay trailer to throw up on your theater room HDTV: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_tom_clancy_s_the_division_e3_gameplay_trailer-30184_en.html
post #9 of 74 Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Looks cool. But I hate co-op games, so I'll skip this and just get Watchdogs.

500 gigs FTW.
post #10 of 74 Old 06-29-2013, 10:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 188
That's impressive news considering 3rd party developers would have had less time with the early dev kits leading up to E3. Too bad it isn't a launch title, but I'm fine with them taking their time to make it play as good as it already looks.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #11 of 74 Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Looks cool. But I hate co-op games, so I'll skip this and just get Watchdogs.

It's a role playing game so I'm pretty sure you can go off and be an anti social curmudgeon if you like. I believe they even said it could be played solo in one of the interviews.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #12 of 74 Old 06-30-2013, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
This has my interest as well. Pushing it to 2014 is fine by me as I have a heavy backload to get through.
post #13 of 74 Old 07-04-2013, 11:58 AM

post #14 of 74 Old 07-04-2013, 12:11 PM

Liked: 22
This is hands down the game I'm most looking forward to.

I want to get excited about The Elder Scrolls Online, but I'd be a lot more excited if Bethesda was actually developing the game instead of just publishing it.
post #15 of 74 Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

can't wait to have an AVS crew on this game
post #16 of 74 Old 07-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Anyone able to cut and paste the article? Stupid work Internet restrictions.
post #17 of 74 Old 07-04-2013, 03:33 PM

Here's some highlights:
Quote:
What a way to break radio silence. If there was an award for the most talented yet quietest game studio in the world, until a month ago Massive would have been a contender for it. Its last headline credit was on 2007's very well regarded Cold War strategy game, World in Conflict. A year later the Malmö outfit, which has an excellent reputation within the industry, was bought by Ubisoft. Then... almost nothing. Massive chipped in on development of Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games. It was strongly rumoured that it was working on a massively multiplayer game, and then it was linked to Ubi's Tom Clancy licence. But, given the parlous state of MMOs, it was still easy to worry that Massive would end up as just another outpost in Ubisoft's globe-spanning blockbuster sweatshop.

Not a bit of it. The Division is all Massive's work - right down to the next-generation Snowdrop engine - and it couldn't be any more confident or, importantly, any more modern. Persistent online worlds take so long to develop that some of them end up looking old-fashioned before they're released. The way the studio has cautiously wound up production has deflected that problem, though.

Mannerfelt started work on the technology as lead programmer four or five years ago. Then the opportunity to work on the Clancy licence fell in line with Massive's internal desire to make an online RPG. Committing the project to next-gen consoles (PC is still possible, but unconfirmed) was the next step, followed by the decision about the game's scenario, both of which fed back into the finer details of design. So although in some senses The Division is far down the road, it's only been in active development - by a team of 200 at Massive - for about a year. That's how it manages to look fresh ahead of a 2014 release date, joining Bungie's Destiny at the crest of the new wave of MMOs-by-any-other-name - seriously, don't call them MMOs - that crashed over E3 last month.

Massive isn't quite as keen as Bungie to disguise The Division's roots, however, billing it as an "online open-world RPG". "This is as online as it gets," said Mannerfelt, who at one point corrected himself after using the word "solo", keen to efface any suggestion that you might play The Division offline (you can't) or on your own. "Big servers, completely dedicated servers, we handle lots of users simultaneously." And although it presents itself as a blockbuster action game, with a lot of taking cover and shooting from behind ruined cars, Mannerfelt and Cederström were straining at the leash to proclaim The Division a dyed-in-the-wool role-playing game.

"The thing is that we love RPG games... It has everything, you know: RPG is tied to player progression, finding cool new loot to upgrade your character, customising yourself the way you want to be, crafting and also things such as group content, PVP," said Cederström. "Sure, we have a shooting mechanic, but it's really the smart use of skills and the ability to level up and find new paths through the trees to optimise your character - that's the really interesting part for us." Unlike such rivals as Destiny and Borderlands, The Division isn't selling itself as a hybrid, and Massive is planting its feet firmly on the side of the dice roll.

The most interesting concept in The Division is "dark zones". These are contaminated areas of New York where power and food are in short supply and lawlessness is at its worst. They're also the PVP zones of the game, where players are free to attack each other; you're always safe from player attack outside them. The missions you can undertake in the dark zones offer the best loot in the game, but it has to be extracted and decontaminated before you can use it fully - and the flare you have to send up for an extraction flags you to other players, who have 90 seconds to attack your position and claim the loot from you.

"[Dark Zones] have missions just like every other part of the game. However, you can't trust anyone when you're in there except your group mates. We're going for that kind of tension where you can't trust people that you meet," Cederström said, adding that Massive is very proud of this design - and rightly so. Recalling the way Eve Online handles different levels of security across its galactic frontier, it's the sort of multiplayer dynamic that only MMOs can do, but is often lost in these games' desperation to be all things to all players at all times, eradicating the sense of risk that can be the most exciting thing about them. The Division offers that risk, just clearly and cleverly contained.

It's also mentioned that players will be able to influence New York itself, bringing sectors under control and the city back alive by chaining missions together. But when I asked how this will work - will the city exist in the same state for all players, or might new players always face the same level of chaos - Cederström demurred. "That is tied to a metagame system that we're not talking about yet."

Although Mannerfelt reckons most drone pilots will be regular players of The Division who just happen to be away from their consoles, perhaps the most appealing aspect of this app is as a way to blend persistent online worlds with couch co-op. Imagine running missions on your PS4 with a friend or partner accompanying you on an iPad. It's a perverse truth about this most social form of gaming that it can often be, in real life, an intensely solitary pursuit, but shared experiences of online worlds can be magical. (One of my first online gaming experiences was Phantasy Star Online; my girlfriend at the time would play, while I served as her typist and emoticon designer.)

"Also, this is only one of the tablet apps we have for the game," Mannerfelt added. "This is syncrhonous, we will also have asynchronous tablet gaming. Basically... ah, I shouldn't say." In the end, he couldn't help himself, hinting that you'll get remote access to the game's trading economy before Cederström shut him up.

They were good humoured about it, but it must be painful for a studio with the talent and ambition that Massive clearly has to keep on gagging itself after years of silence on the sidelines. The Division speaks for itself, though. This is a cutting-edge online game, one that doesn't seek to dilute the MMO experience even as it translates it to the console gaming vernacular.

Just before Ubisoft's relentless sound system finally defeated us, Mannerfelt made a simple statement, something you only hear from developers every so often, and - certainly at this level - rarely with such justification. "It's important for us to not do an old game again," he said. "We want to do a new game."
post #18 of 74 Old 07-04-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
This game came out of nowhere and jumped right into my top 5 list for next gen. Bring on more gameplay footage!

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #19 of 74 Old 07-04-2013, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
Yrd
AVS Special Member

I'd say right now, this is my top 1 game for next gen. Even the companion app looks to get some use out of me, if it works on a phone. My tablet only does wifi.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #20 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
mboojigga likes this.
post #21 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 429
DDDDDDDDDAAAAAA*************************NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

The 5.0 is here
post #22 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Hmm companion app looks to be like commander mode in BF4 where you can do overwatch.
post #23 of 74 Old 08-20-2013, 05:47 AM

Adding RTS tablet support to games that can allow mobile to play and effect outcomes is brilliant. Very smart way to leverage the best of touch tablets have to offer and add to traditional games.
post #24 of 74 Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM

One new screen

post #25 of 74 Old 11-25-2013, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

One new screen

Ugh, I want more gameplay info!!!

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #26 of 74 Old 12-03-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Upcoming in-game/engine footage during VGX this weekend

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/03/new-in-engine-look-at-tom-clancys-the-division-coming-at-the-vgx-awards/

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #27 of 74 Old 12-03-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
I have to work during the VGX. frown.gif

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #28 of 74 Old 12-03-2013, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

this is by far my most anticipated next gen game..
post #29 of 74 Old 12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Oh my lord!

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
post #30 of 74 Old 12-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Here's the trailer shown on VGX:
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags