PS4 - Will it support CO-OP gameplay with > 4 people? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
One thing I am really hoping to see on next gen systems is a co-op experience with > 4 people. I've really enjoyed playing Gears and Halo with 4 total players on the 360 and I am hoping to grow beyond that. A couple games that have piqued my interest are Destiny and Elder Scrolls Online. But I have faield to find any information that lets me understand how multiplayer works. Can I explore a dungeon with 9 other people in ESO? Can I explore a rogue base on a distant planet with 14 close friends in Destiny? I really have no idea how this works and have never played an MMOs before. I think Destiny is not technically an MMO and it seems to distinguish between your group for normal play and then some situations where your group merges with another group for a boss battle or something.

Anyways, just trying to understand how Massively Multiplayer is going to work on the PS4. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Liked: 832
Local or Online?

the answer is of cource PS4 will, but in the end it's really up to the developer. Local split screen seems to be going away in favor of MP COOP more and more, but some titles still try to put it in.

Twisted Metal (PS3) had 4 player local split screen for example.

Online, Borderlands comes to mind this Gen. Next gen Destiny looks to me 3-4 player local COOP with “world events” that will pull in many more to help you battle large numbers of people. Ubi’s The Division showed off 4 player vs AI COOP, then hinted at PVP at the end in the same world.

If you’re looking for a good reference site with a focus on COOP, here’s the best I’ve found: http://www.co-optimus.com/
post #3 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
I'm referring to online. My friends are scattered across the U.S. today and while it is fun to shoot them in the face week after week, it would be more fun to go on an adventure and work together with them all in ESO or Destiny.

So, it sounds like, based on your impressions, that so far, they are all essentially 4 player games still. We might briefly run into other people but we can't create a group of 10 or so and roam together as a merry band of travelers?

Thanks for the link.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I think Sega's Sonic Transformation Racing game supports 8 players.

That thing is a blast.

"Old rivalries can be settled and new ones created in up to 8 player online. Journey through the All-Stars' world to take on a huge range of modes and challenges, including Grand Prix, Battle arenas and an incredible world tour. "
post #5 of 5 Old 06-20-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
If you're talking about online multiplayer with parties/clans on MMOs yes most definitely, it's part and parcel of being an MMO
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page