Man.... that does not look impressive. Read the comments. It's funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-23-2013, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I didn't see any wrong with it other than AD kept running into the wall after getting into the endzone. But they didn't show any of the passing game, so I'd like to see that as well before making a judgement.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-23-2013, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Don't see how you can ask for a refund for a game not out yet. If you don't believe it is next-gen or whatever faults don't buy it.

The 5.0 is here
post #4 of 14 Old 06-23-2013, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
EA. LOL.

But, but, but; used games are killing us! It has nothing to do with design by committee and bloated budgets and studios!

Can Sega get partial dibs on the NFL now please? Some of the best Maddens after the first few years were when they actually were forced to compete with the innovative 2K franchise.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
I can't wait to see some actual gameplay. I have hopes that EA can do something. I really enjoy the NCAA game more though and we won't see a next gen one until next season.

PSN - nnarum
post #6 of 14 Old 06-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Nobody is forcing you to buy Madden 25.

If you and the millions of Madden fans want to see real improvement to the game then do it with your wallets and simply don't buy the game.
post #7 of 14 Old 06-23-2013, 09:33 PM

Liked: 10
At this point ea doesn'tcare,there is no competition.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-23-2013, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

Nobody is forcing you to buy Madden 25.

If you and the millions of Madden fans want to see real improvement to the game then do it with your wallets and simply don't buy the game.

I haven't bought Madden in YEARS. Only sports game I've been buying has been the NBA 2K games, and also Fifa. Other than that, most of them are mush.

Normally, when there is a new hardware generation, sports games can take a dramatic jump forward. When I was watching this video, it looked like it was a 360 or PS3 game. For the first 3 or 4 minutes that I was watching the video, the game basically didn't look any different from what I would expect on PS3 or 360. I wasn't seeing anything that really made me do a double take. Nothing like the replay cinemas that they showed in their e3 trailer. All that stuff looked amazing, but the problem is, the camera angle is just way too far away. Madden needs to give up that old camera angle, they need to take the game into the future, and the only way that people are going to really notice the differences is when you're a bit closer to the action. Yeah, it does sacrifice some of the playability, you're not seeing the whole field, but if you want the game to look different, then try something new. This is obviously the same old Madden engine retuned for next-gen. Problem is, you can't actually notice it's next-gen during actual gameplay cameras. You only notice it during the replays, when you go in slow motion.

Also, where is the color to the game ? The grass looks so devoid of color. Everything just looks a bit washed out. Maybe it's the just the bad video quality of the video, but man, I don't have a ton of faith in this game. I'm sure it's going to look really cool during replays, but replays get old VERY QUICK. The game has to look good during the actual gameplay cameras for it to be something special.

NBA 2K14 on the other hand....
post #9 of 14 Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Could pass for a current gen game from that clip. Man I wish EA didn't have exclusivity to NFL football.
centking likes this.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #10 of 14 Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Does anybody remember the first X360 Madden? It had better graphics, but the gameplay was bad, there was no franchise mode, and the announcing was terrible (it still is!). I don't expect more from the team this time around.

I didn't buy Madden '11 or '12 after drinking the kool-aid for '10 and being disappointed. So, '13 came around and they were passing cups of kool-aid out again and I drank it, sadly (I love football and I'm weak sometimes). The "physics" were laughable. It was still the same game.

Until the NFL license is available to multiple developers Madden will be Madden - the same tired game that hasn't been innovated since 2005.

Hopefully I can resist the kool-aid until they actually make a good game.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #11 of 14 Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Also, where is the color to the game ? The grass looks so devoid of color. ..........

The colors of the grass looked more like an actual field to me. More green near the sidelines and more brown in the middle where the grass has been trampled. At least this is what natural grass stadiums look like after the field has been played on.

Edit: Hmm, I just realized this was in the redskins stadium. That is definitely how the field looks like here.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #12 of 14 Old 06-24-2013, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Well, I guess the irony is that the Redskins do have the worst field in the league, in fact I almost blame that field for the fact that the Seahawks didn't get pass the Falcons. If we had Clemons, it would have been the difference, and Clemons hurt himself on that disgusting excuse of a field.

Still, the point that I was trying to make with the original post, is that when you play the game from the standard camera angle, the next-gen factor is either invisible, or extremely subtle. Because looking at that from that normal camera angle, I just don't see the next-gen factor. I seriously couldn't tell it was next-gen until they did the replays. The grass looked bland to me, which maybe is accurate to Fed Ex Field, but still, then demo the game somewhere where the grass is lush, or some artificial turf that actually looks good.

The colors of the uniforms aren't exactly popping either. Everything just seems kinda bland and washed out. Like Madden inside a Gears of War world, heh...
post #13 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 01:25 PM

Liked: 22
It's just more of the same.

Plunking down $60 for what basically amounts to a roster update.

Totally agreed with the others who have said that EA needs to lose the exclusive rights with the NFL.

In the early-mid 2000's when EA and 2K were pushing eachother, we were rewarded with the greatest football experience out there.

Now EA has just become fat, lazy and arrogant.

"You'll take what we give you and like it!"
post #14 of 14 Old 07-03-2013, 07:14 PM

Liked: 29
Madden 2010 was my last purchase an man did it suck. In fact I havent even watched one real NFL game since 2010 either. I used to be a huge NFL fan and I believe the sorryness of madden combined with the NFLs greed chased me away from everything NFL related.

Funny how rockstar can create entire worlds with realistic physis bit EA cant do shiiiit with 22 men and a grass field.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page