Elder Scrolls Online - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 08-06-2013, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I don't know if an ESO thread already exists (I searched and didn't find one) but I wanted to post this gameplay vid from Quakecon. As ESO is coming to PS4 this spring I thought it might interest some folks. Looks a lot like Skyrim which isn't all that shocking. The combat, I think, is typical Elder Scrolls which can be a bit repetitive IMO.

The video begins at the 1:30 minute mark.

Actual gameplay begins at 5:45 minute mark.
http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/c/2685766
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 98
Combat looks as bad as ever, that + lag + inevitable broken mechanics that people will abuse for a while will be interesting to see how this game will turn out lol

KRP-500M | Kuro 9G 5020FD + e-lite mod | B&W 683 Fronts | B&W 685 Center | B&W DM601 S3 Rears | HSU VTF3 MK3 Sub | Yamaha RX-V663 AVR
post #3 of 16 Old 08-07-2013, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post

Combat looks as bad as ever, that + lag + inevitable broken mechanics that people will abuse for a while will be interesting to see how this game will turn out lol
I don't know if this is typical in MMO's but I didn't think the enemy AI was all that great. In the video the player keeps crushing enemies with his bow but the enemy never seems to respond to it. Its especially noticeable when the enemy is engaged with another NPC and it keeps getting crushed by the user's arrow and yet never once turns its attention to the player. The game play seems more fluid and "quicker" than Skyrim but I am really disappointed in enemy AI especially.
post #4 of 16 Old 08-07-2013, 05:40 PM

Liked: 832
Beth making a game that can't be patched and cleaned up by the community due to the MP nature?

Be afraid....
darthrsg likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
This game worries me. You take all of the usual bugs that MMO's have, and add to it the fact that Bethesda is the one making it when they have always had really buggy games (yet some people think they are the best developer out there) and this game just screams wait at least 6 months before you jump in.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #6 of 16 Old 08-08-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 767
You know Blizzard is doing just that. Waiting to jump in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steam: Guts
post #7 of 16 Old 01-28-2014, 05:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 199
The game will release on the PS4 in June of 2014. You can sign up for the beta at this link. Here's a recent demo video:

Q&A session with the developer:
Quote:

Will playing online with The Elder Scrolls Online have a separate subscription compared to PlayStation Plus? — @NathanaelMoner

A PlayStation Plus membership is not required to play The Elder Scrolls Online. PS4 players will only be required to pay the same monthly subscription associated with The Elder Scrolls Online that PC and Mac users will pay—nothing more.

Will PS4 servers be split between EU and NA, or will we be on one megaserver? — @TsoriGaming

They will be split. PS4 users will play The Elder Scrolls Online on either the European PS4 megaserver or the North American PS4 megaserver. We’ll share more details about how this will work closer to launch.

Will PS4 users be on the same severs as PC users? — @Adzaofoz

PS4 users will have their own dedicated ESO megaservers (European and North American). PC and Mac users will not be on the PS4 megaservers. This is good news for PS4 players as they won’t have to worry about contending with higher-level PC players when ESO launches on PS4.

How are you guys going to incorporate an action bar on console? Or what will the substitution be?? — @AdamJ_Floyd

We’re still testing and tweaking different DualShock 4 button mapping configurations, but we’re very happy with the gameplay experience on PS4. Abilities are conveniently accessible for fun “on the couch” gameplay, and the team is really happy with how it’s coming along. We’ll have more specifics to share about this topic later this year.

How will you be utilizing and using the touchpad on the PS4 controller in-game? — @SamiRocklynn

We love the additional functionality of the DualShock 4 touchpad. We’re playing with a couple of different button configurations to find the best and most intuitive use for the touchpad.

How much space will it take up on the PS4 HDD? — @DexMProductions

While details aren’t yet finalized, PS4 offers an HDD with a tremendous amount of memory. There is plenty of HDD memory available for the game and for years of continuous post-launch content that will be released for The Elder Scrolls Online.

How will the controls be mapped on PS4? Will it be similar to Skyrim on a controller? — @Brandon_Roark_

Throughout ESO’s development, our goal has been to create an MMO that is fun to play and is familiar to Skyrim fans. Gameplay in ESO isn’t identical to Skyrim, so naturally we’ve made some button configuration changes to reflect the differences, such as the use of abilities. At the same time, there are a lot of controller configuration similarities between Skyrim and ESO.

Will PvE instances, like dungeons, offer a single player mode? — @maheirem

The Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO that was designed to give the gamer freedom to play with others, or alone. That said, there are instances and areas that are specifically designed and tuned to be taken on with friends.

When does the PlayStation beta start? And when should we expect beta invites? — @Wretched86

We do not yet have a date or timeframe to share, but we can assure you that there will be an ESO beta exclusively for PlayStation 4 fans later this year. Keep an eye on elderscrollsonline.com, as well as here on PlayStation.Blog, for further details!

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #8 of 16 Old 04-16-2014, 02:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
I need to sign up for the beta, this is one I will need to play before I even consider spending money on it. (I expect it to go free to play within a year anyway, so even if I like it I may wait it out)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-16-2014, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Friends on PC say the game feels kinda broken and incomplete, totally par for the course for an MMO launch. Consoles should get a much more complete package in June after three months of fixes.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #10 of 16 Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 431
I had big plans to play this but after reading some beta impressions, decided to pass. I think FF will scratch my MMO itch much better. Its been through the fire of launch and relaunch where this is just starting. Plus I can only support one MMO monthly fee.
post #11 of 16 Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM

Liked: 36
I've been playing since launch. The game is NOT incomplete or broken. I would consider it overwhelming with content. I'm level 10 and have quests out the wazoo, several that are over my skill set. I will need to group up to finsih. The game is however buggy. I've seen some weird stuff. Two nights ago I went back to town to work on crafting and noticed that my female wood elf character was looking rather broadshouldered and had a beard. The game for whatever reason changed my character model looks but all the stats were the same. A restart fixed it.

I would say a MMORPG is just the thing to keep people occupied till the new gen consoles get more games out. 15 bucks is no problem for me I hope the game does not go free to play if it means losing any of this great content I've seen so far. It would have been better had they gone with 7.99 or less than a netflix sub.

Warning: The next person that swoops in and steals a treasure chest out from under me will get an arrow to the knee. Promise.
post #12 of 16 Old 04-16-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 431
The beta reviews I saw seemed to say if you liked SP Elder Scrolls you wouldn't necessarily like the MMO version. I'm not sure which side of that line I'm on quite honestly and I really wasn't going to do FF either, but like you say, an MMO is good filler.
post #13 of 16 Old 05-08-2014, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Console versions have been delayed 6 months. And so it begins.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134319-Report-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Console-Version-Delayed-Six-Months

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #14 of 16 Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 69
Very cool to see Microsoft and Sony working with them to allow character transfers. Though having max level chars day one is going to cause economy issues.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #15 of 16 Old 05-08-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

Very cool to see Microsoft and Sony working with them to allow character transfers. Though having max level chars day one is going to cause economy issues.

They have had issues since day one.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #16 of 16 Old 05-08-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I loved Fallout 3, but everything Bethesda touched after that game was a broken, infuriating mess. I plat'd both Skyrim and FO:NV, but nearly threw my controller through my TV both times. I even had huge issues with some FO3 DLC. These folks just can't make games that aren't horribly broken for at least the first three months.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page