Divekick... a fighter that takes a second to learn, and a lifetime to master - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-19-2013, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
tumblr_mqijg2VKw41rgwv0ao1_500.jpg

I love me some fighting games, and this new one called Divekick is so uniquely simple that I can't help but want to give it a try. Vita Cross-Buy confirmed, as well as a week one discount for PS+ members.

No joystick, no d-pad - the only controls are two buttons: Dive (D) and Kick (K). With these two buttons, you jump and kick vs. an opponent until someone gets hit once to win the round. The champ is the first to win five rounds.

It is surprisingly deeper than it looks. It has an initial 13 characters on the roster to choose from, a story mode as well as a solid online mode. Here is a summary of the system from NeoGAF:
Quote:
Kick Meter: A meter at the bottom of the screen that fills up as you Kick. You can spend this meter to perform a character’s special move by pressing both buttons either on the ground or in the air. Alternatively, you can try to fill up their bar entirely to activate Kick Factor, which dramatically increases their speed and other, character-specific factors.

Head Shots: Defeating an opponent by striking them at their head will put them in a ‘Concussed’ state. While having a Concussion the character will have reduced speed and jump height for a few seconds at the start of the next round. Furthermore, their KF meter will not fill up. Concussion does not stack up, but winning a round will remove this state.

Gems: There are 4 types of Gems in the game
  • Dive Gem: Offers 10% increase in Jump speed
  • Kick Gem: Offers 10% increase in Divekicking speed
  • Style Gem: KF meter fills up faster
  • YOLO Gem: 30% increase in Jump & Divekicking speeds as well as KF meter gain, but also gives the opponent 4 of the 5 rounds he needs to win right from the start

Hold the Line: The game’s tie breaker mechanic. During the final seconds of the last round a red line will appear on-screen, and the character closest to the line will be declared the winner. In case BOTH characters are equally close to it…the God of Divekicking will stomp on both characters

Fraud Detection: A message that appears when a player loses 4 rounds in a row. If the player loses the 5th round as well, they will be declared a Fraud.

Choke Detection: If a player wins 4 Rounds in a row, but then loses the next 4, a ‘Choke Detection Warning‘ message will appear on-screen.

Staged Match: If 2 consecutive rounds end in Double KO, the game will declare that the match is Staged.

Some videos of the game in action:

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 98
It has a lot of FGC (fighting game community) references but overall I can't see myself playing this game much, short sessions for some laughs and that's about it lol

KRP-500M | Kuro 9G 5020FD + e-lite mod | B&W 683 Fronts | B&W 685 Center | B&W DM601 S3 Rears | HSU VTF3 MK3 Sub | Yamaha RX-V663 AVR
post #3 of 7 Old 08-20-2013, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
I think I'd last about 3 minutes before deleting this from my HDD.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-20-2013, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Is Cartoon Network the publisher?
post #5 of 7 Old 08-20-2013, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I appreciate the humor, especially the mic drop, but the game should really be less than 10 bucks, and I rarely ever say that. It's a one note joke.

Your mom is a classy lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/ 

post #6 of 7 Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
That might be the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while. My 3 year old might like it.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #7 of 7 Old 08-20-2013, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Heh, even grandma now stands a chance at beating you down before talking smack in your face. cool.gif

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page