NFL SUNDAY TICKET THROUGH YOUR PS3. IT STILL MAY BE "POSSIBLE" through INTERNET BROWSER - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-26-2013, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
What is stopping people from using the PS3 Internet Browser to ACCESS the Mobile version of NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV's website?

I mean, if it works, then you can easily watch it on your Big TV through the PS3.

Is this possible? I no longer have my PS3. I sold it to GameStop for credit towards a PS4, or XBOXONE. Whichever one people seem too like more. I am not a FANBOY of either. Just whichever one better suits my needs/wants.

But I read that somewhere online. What could stop people from accessing NFLST Mobile this way?

I know the PS3 Internet Browser has it's limits. But seemed to work OK on everything I used it for. TOTALLY CLUNKY in it's operation, but still got the job done.

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-26-2013, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

What is stopping people from using the PS3 Internet Browser to ACCESS the Mobile version of NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV's website?

I mean, if it works, then you can easily watch it on your Big TV through the PS3.

Is this possible? I no longer have my PS3. I sold it to GameStop for credit towards a PS4, or XBOXONE. Whichever one people seem too like more. I am not a FANBOY of either. Just whichever one better suits my needs/wants.

But I read that somewhere online. What could stop people from accessing NFLST Mobile this way?

I know the PS3 Internet Browser has it's limits. But seemed to work OK on everything I used it for. TOTALLY CLUNKY in it's operation, but still got the job done.

Anyone?

I don't see why not. Only one minor problem:

The quality of the streams on the PS3/iPad/iPhone apps were much better then the browser version for the 2012 season, at least in my experience. I am hoping DTV has improved the amount/quality of servers dedicated to the browser apps so that this year we get high quality video that way. I am not sure how they did, but they must have had the "i" devices and PS3 in a preferential queue for best quality video somehow. Again, this is my experience, I have heard other people say the browser app was HD quality.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #3 of 9 Old 09-08-2013, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Update: NFL Sunday Ticket via PC

Using the code from Madden NFL 25 is a snap but DO NOT LOSE the card with your username/password codes. You cannot change them after signing up and it asks for the 18 digit password every time.

Service ran without a hitch, no buffering or freezing. PQ is solid, on par with the PS3 app. I plugged my laptop into my 55" LED and thought the PQ looked just fine. Not HD mind you but acceptable with nice colors and lighting. I used the default Sports setting on my TV, which has a brighter backlight than the movie modes and that improved everything somewhat.

If you're like me and have to use the streaming app to see your team it's worth the hassle. So far.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #4 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

Using the code from Madden NFL 25 is a snap but DO NOT LOSE the card with your username/password codes. You cannot change them after signing up and it asks for the 18 digit password every time.

Yes, you can. Without a problem. Once you sign up, you CAN EASILY change the username and password too something that is more personal to you. I would not throw away the card.

But changing the username and password is easy.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

Yes, you can. Without a problem. Once you sign up, you CAN EASILY change the username and password too something that is more personal to you. I would not throw away the card.

But changing the username and password is easy.

From the Directv promo sign in page:
Quote:
Q: How do I login to watch NFL SUNDAY TICKET online and mobile using my EA Madden 25 credentials?

A: Starting September 8th, to stream games live online, click on the Start Watching button. You will be prompted to enter an email address and password. Use the unique username that was given on the insert as the email address and enter password.

To watch games on mobile or tablet devices, download the app and enter username and password given on the insert to sign in. The username and password can not be changed or updated at any time during the season.

I didn't try to change my password after reading that. Maybe it only applies to mobile? I'll gladly try it when I get home today.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #6 of 9 Old 09-12-2013, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
I was able to log in this past weekend on both my laptop and mobile devices with the log in info that I changed to. When you log in it still says my username as the name on the card but the log in email is my own personal one.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-13-2013, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well, it DOES SAY "DURING THE SEASON" no changes can be made. So as of 9/8/13, maybe you cannot change it.

I got my Game on August 29th. Logged in, and then proceeded to change the USERNAME and PASSWORD to something meaningful too me. Maybe once the season started, you cannot, now, go in and change it. So if you did not change it yet, you might SOL, and have to use that code all the time.

I logged in on my IPOD 5th Gen just a day or two ago using my current e-mail and password, and it logged in just fine.

So my guess is you cannot change anything RIGHT NOW. Even if you wanted too.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Plugged the laptop into the projector system yesterday and for the first half hour of the noon games, the Sunday Ticket site was down. It finally came up and worked pretty well, albeit with regular buffering issues.

That'd probably go away if I lowered the video quality, but on a 120" screen it would've looked terrible!

Still not thrilled we can't use the PS3 app instead, but a whole season for $40 is still a good deal.

post #9 of 9 Old 09-16-2013, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I was a little pissed the PS3 app went away. I guess DTV doesn't want my $300. It's a good thing the Madden deal came along, otherwise I would've ended up drving an hour to a bar that has DTV to watch my Bears. My setup is at home is on a computer hooked up to a 46" Toshiba tv and I'll say it works "decent'. I had to change the resolution to 1280x1024 and switch the tv settings to stretch the image in order to view it correctly on the screen. So, I'll only say that it looks decent due to the resolution not matching the optimal 1080p of the tv. The slowdowns are minimal unless viewed with a wireless device like an iPad and have a mediocre connection. I tried that at a pizza place with wifi yesterday. It was viewable for the most part, but definately not good. I haven't tried it through the browser on my PS3 yet. To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with the quality of the streaming on the PS3 using the app. On the other hand, it's better than nothing.

Xbox live gamertag: jtexasflood
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Tomb Raider Ps3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page