What did you pre-order?` - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Since I'm new to the PS world (Xbox convert) and I'm sort of excited about it, just thought I'd start a fun thread where people can share and discuss what they've pre-ordered for launch. I pre-ordered the system during E3, but only now have I decided on my Day 1 game pre-orders: Killzone, BF4, Watch Dogs, and Knack. I plan to try the PS+ version of DriveClub and also some of the day one DL games like Tiny Brains, Warframe and War Thunder.

I've decided to get COD:Ghosts for the 360 as I'm hoping some of my 360 friends will still be there after the next gen gets going. In this case I don't see any "next gen" advantages for Ghosts on PS4 so I'll just stick with 360 on it. Anyway, that's enough 360 talk....actually not true. One thing I'm interested in hearing from anyone else in my situation is which multiplatforms they are buying for PS4 and why.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Thats a lot of gaming!

smile.gif

I'm still working on my damn PS3 backlog. mad.gif

Grabbed the launch Killzone bundle and will probably grab BF4 Digital. I'll get to the rest eventually, but I try not to buy before I have time to play / finished up the stuff in my queue.

Also thinking of possibly grabbing a Vita and the Elite Pro headset to complement PS4 remote play.
post #3 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah I just want to check a bunch of stuff out, not sure what I'll like. Also as it gets to launch date I may cancel some pre-orders if the reviews are not great. I primarily play MP anywayt so with all those games I still won't be spending hours and hours completing campaigns.

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #4 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I am also a fellow Xbox convert. I ordered the PS4 launch console before the E3 presentation was finished. A few days later, when the bundles were announced, I also ordered the BF4 launch bundle. If it looks like there will be any type of supply issues, I will keep both and try to sell the launch console to subsidize the bundle. I had also ordered Watch Dogs, but just recently cancelled it. I'll wait until there are reviews to see if it is something that I want to pick up.

PSN = ChitownJackalope

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I got the launch day Knack bundle. Figured I needed a game for the kids to play. I'll pick up either KZ or BF4 with launch.

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 03:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 199
To sync up with my bare PS4 console pre-order from Amazon, I took advantage of the Best Buy online deal that gave three months of PS+ with every $20 PSN card purchase for $28. I bought four of them to get a year of PS+ for $32 (saving $18), and the gift cards will pay off a digital version of Killzone: SF.

Beyond that, I really hope The Pinball Arcade comes out day one, and I'll be playing all the FTP titles (as well as PS+ version of DriveClub) before I make any other purchasing decisions.

Hardware-wise I got a PS4 Camera coming on launch day, and I already own a Vita for remote goodness.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #7 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
System, Knack, AC4, COD Ghosts, and Watch Dogs. Most likely will end up with Killzone as well. I am also converting from the 360 this time around. Reasons are RROD with unreliable hardware and their "deal with it" attitude. Them trying to save face with policy changes will not sway me back either. Also overall. It was really the snobby PR blunder. Really arrogant and take it or leave it attitude. This is how its going to be. Plus I have absolutely zero interest in Kinect. 360 was and still is awesome. But, they completely turned me off from the Xbone. PS4 and Wii U this time around for me. Before it was 360 and Wii. Also $399 is my peak for a console. Not going to pay $499. Way to much. I see MS having a hard time moving units at that price as well. Accept to the initial hardcore.

Parents will be picking up PS4 and Wii U instead. I have owned PS1&2 in the past. Missed out on 3 though. That was simply due to pricing at $500-$600 at launch. I just never looked back again even as the price came down.
post #8 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Been Playstation since the beginning of PS1. Pre-ordered during E3 for the PS4 and a copy of BF4. Now I'm thinking about pre-ordering AC4.
post #9 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I pre-ordered through Amazon, the Killzone SF bundle w/3 months Plus. I wasn't going to pre-order at all until I saw how fast they were getting spoken for. I waited after E3 and thought I lost out until these bundles popped up. Got my official email and delivery date of 11/15 the day after gamescom announcement. I will be picking up a camera when I get enough bonus points on my CC to cover it, which will probably happen when the charge for the PS4 goes through. After that it's a blue controller and a charge dock.

I was going to order more but decided I won't be getting any more games at retail until I read some reviews. This is specially true for Watch Dogs, The Division and Black Flag. I don't mind the $60 investment but I want something that runs properly. All three of these still have something to prove. For the first time I will be sitting out a Modern CoD at its launch, possibly completely. Call it series fatigue that hit me and the 6 others I ran with, all at once. Might pickup BF4 as a download. Maybe.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #10 of 36 Old 08-27-2013, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah I can't wait for the pinball game either, but I don't think it's a confirmed launch title.

As for COD:Ghosts....actually I'm on the fence about it. I'm liking BLOPS2....but it's next gen time and I'm about as excited for a new COD right now as I am a new Halo (not much.) I have it pre-ordered, but I may cancel it. Especially with BF4 and KZ on a shiny new next gen console. I'm sure I'll be plent busy. Hmm..decisions, decisions.

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #11 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
Seriously, you preordered the next Call of Duty? At this point, that's hilarious.

Moving on:

I pre-ordered BF4, Watch Dogs, and AC4. I'm canceling AC4 since Watch Dogs is by far the more interesting game; and, after a few videos, AC4 looks like all the others, but with better graphics. Might pick it up in the bargain bin one day. But I'll probably just go back to playing GTA V instead. I've actually considered cancelling my entire PS4 preorder just because of that game. But I'll end up not doing it and letting it collect dust until GTA V puts my PS3 out of commission.

500 gigs FTW.
post #12 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I preordered the BF4 bundle and FIFA14. That will keep me more than busy until the 2nd set of releases start to hit.

Salminella has become legend (or something like that):
post #13 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Console and BF4 for me. Thinking about KZ but may wait. All the f2p day one games are going to keep me busy for a while.

+1 for pinball. Can't wait to see what their doing with the extra HP.
post #14 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Preordered the console the night of the E3 presser. Also ordered the camera. Had preordered KZ:SF, BF4, and Knack, but I've cancelled KZ and BF. I'll be buying those from the PSN store.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #15 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I have both consoles on preorder, and BF4 reserved for XB360 but might switch that over to the PS4. I will likely pick up the PS+ version of Drive Club and maybe Knack, but I figure if I got over 1000 hours out of BF3 then BF4 will suck up most of my time. I will probably also get the new KZ game since that games just looks and sounds awesome.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #16 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 12:30 PM

Liked: 12
I pre-ordered the console the night of E3 from Amazon along with a second controller and KZ:SF.

A month later I found out I had some Amazon credit that I needed to use up by end of the year so I also pre-ordered BF4, Watch Dogs and ACIV. Can't wait! biggrin.gif

I'm working through a few games on my backlog from PS3 between now and Nov. 15th. Last of Us (just started, love it so far!), Max Payne 3 (almost done) and a few PS+ freebies if I have time (Hitman: Absolution, Sleeping Dogs and Spec Ops: The Line).

PSN - Brohdah
post #17 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 04:30 PM

Liked: 123
Preordered PS4 through Gamestop and was 3rd person on the list, so launch day for me, guaranteed. Only got BF4 for PS4 but that's going to be enough for me for a while...at least until I become a Level 100 colonel.

Also preordered an Xbox One (and was also 3rd on the list) but only got it to sell to some whiny kid's parents at a huge profit if there's a shortage. I figured if I can get $750 out of it, that makes my PS4 a mere $150. smile.gif
post #18 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 05:43 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Preordered PS4 through Gamestop and was 3rd person on the list, so launch day for me, guaranteed. Only got BF4 for PS4 but that's going to be enough for me for a while...at least until I become a Level 100 colonel DB.

Also preordered an Xbox One (and was also 3rd on the list) but only got it to sell to some whiny kid's parents at a huge profit if there's a shortage. I figured if I can get $750 out of it, that makes my PS4 a mere $150. smile.gif

FTFY.

I'm wondering If I can join that club this time around. I chickened out on BF3 when I realized how big my backlog was. I did almost complete all the assignments though.
post #19 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I preordered the console on Amazon but haven't preordered any games yet. I'll probably end up with Watch Dogs and Killzone.
post #20 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
Watch Dogs and Ghosts. Will probably dump both preorders once we start hearing more about day 1 digital. I'm going all digital for sure. Sick of having a cabinet full of game discs in the living room.

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #21 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I just per ordered the console from amazon. All digital for me. Will get fifa14 for it.
post #22 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

This is my plan also. lol

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #23 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

This is my plan also. lol

I preordered 2 Ps4s for that reason. One to keep, the other to hopefully profit off of

The Weekend Warriors
post #24 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Or you could profit your soul and a nice spot in heaven by giving me your 2nd ps4 smile.gif
post #25 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippldogg View Post

I preordered 2 Ps4s for that reason. One to keep, the other to hopefully profit off of

I do plan on getting an XB1 down the road, but if I can make money off of the launch one because it has that stupid "day one edition" logo on the controller I will.

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #26 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Pre-ordered on Amazon with camera, extra controller, KZ, Skylanders, Lego Marvel. I will probably upgrade my free version of DC.

Now playing: Destiny, Madden, Diablo 3, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Infamous: First Light, Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #27 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I only pre-ordered the PS4, will probably pick up Watchdogs and either Killzone or Battlefield, currently leaning towards Killzone.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #28 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 10:57 AM

Liked: 10
Right now I only have Watchdogs preordered. I'm tempted by Killzone and AC4 (and to a lesser extent FIFA) and my son will be getting Lego Marvel for Christmas, but I'll wait to see if there are Black Friday deals (doubtful but I'm hoping for a B2G1 free).

Also a mostly xbox gamer only getting a PS4. I had a PS3 (traded to pay off the PS4) but am more interested in the Sony exclusives than Forza (the only MS game I'm really going to miss). The PS3 was mainly used as Blu Ray and a few exclusives (Uncharted and Infamous mostly).

I'm also really interested in Gaikai, since I didn't play The Last of Us.
post #29 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
All digital, no preorder disks for me.

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
post #30 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Just the console. Will get COD digital, try some f2p games, and wait for Infamous in Feb.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Killzone 3 Playstation3 Game Sony , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4 , Watch Dogs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page