AVS Forum banner

Dragon Age: Inquisition

6K views 159 replies 38 participants last post by  Yrd 
#1 ·
#2 ·
OK, I'm officially in for this game now that I see for myself that tactical overhead view (4:20 mark) has returned from Dragon Age I, and this time it will be featured in the PS4 version as well:

Because of this alone, I will almost definitely get it on the console this time. I loved DAI, skipped DAII, and this one looks to be incredible.

#8 ·
After playing and falling win love with Mass Effect 2/3 (my first RPGs), I wanted to check out the Dragon Age series, also made by Bioware. I watched several video reviews and played the 60-minute trial versions for both DA:O and DAII, but in the end had to start with DAII, even though most fans of the series claim DA:O is a much better game. I always thought I'd go back for DA:O if a good bundle deal with all the DLC were ever offered on the PSN, but now I don't think I could play it under those circumstances, as much as I enjoyed DAII, due to the crummy graphics, combat system, and mute protagonist.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON  /t/1488598/dragon-age-inquisition#post_23939636

Mass Effect 2/3 are shooters with very light RPG elements.

Seemed like ME2 has far better choices in the dialogue branches and options for your squad. ME3 has better gameplay, though both have pretty underwhelming clunky gameplay compared to most third person shooters.

#11 ·
Freemeat:

Dragon Age is actually a really good game. I highly suggest you give the full game a shot (rent it)

I also played the demos for both DA1 and DA2 and wasn't impressed with either. But once you get into the meat of the gameplay, the games get good. And their stories are pretty decent too. Dialogue trees can be fun at times and the characters are great. The entire package when put together adds up to something special.

Inquisition looks insane though. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not really a huge fan of Western RPG's, but Dragon Age is the proper way to do it IMO. I hope more WRPG's follow that mold. (as opposed to the Elder Scrolls style, which I despise)

#22 ·
I'm really looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the original Dragon Age. It started a bit slow, but once you got into the story it was really fun, and I enjoyed the mechanics of the game as well. I never played Dragon Age 2 due to the dumbed down RPG elements (for similar reasons, I've never played Mass Effect 2 or 3 either), so I hope that the game favors the RPG elements as well as making the combat fun. I don't see why they need to sacrifice one for the other.

#24 ·
This game definitely wasn't on my radar until reviews started popping up this week. Sounds like a really fun game that's right up my alley. I really liked Kingdoms of Amalur and have been itching for another Action RPG type game and this seems to fit the bill. Now to decide between this and GTA V next Tuesday.

Also does anyone know if Best Buy sells digital download codes for PS4 games? I'm in the Gamers Club Unlocked courtesy of last weeks cellphone deal and want to take advantage of my 1TB hard drive. It's crazy lazy but nice being able to change games at a whim without swapping discs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
I plan on picking this up. I was going to hold off in favor of Unity - but with that debacle.. Unity can wait. Love hearing that reviewers have played 90 hours and still have stuff to explore. I liked DA Origins. Played the demo of DA 2, never the full game.

You should check out Dragon Age Keep, it's pretty interesting. It helped me remember some stuff. I don't even recall syncing my Origins data with Bioware, but it looks like at least some of the achievements and decisions are in there.

I'm still mixed on the romance aspect of these games. It's one thing for it to be part of the written story. But influencing it beyond gaining alliances somehow set off the uncanny valley feeling for me.

#26 ·
Anyone know if this game has "equipping intelligence"? Meaning - in RPGs I (sometimes) like the ability to tell the game to default to whatever combination of weapons, armor, etc. it thinks is "best" so I don't have to spend oodles of time comparing things back and forth.

Does Inquisition do this?

#30 ·
From the live plays I've seen, I don't think so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.