Any disadvantages in using a overseas SEN account with PS plus? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
With the PS4 requiring PS plus for online multiplayer, I've decided it worthwhile to pony up, especially with all the free games and discounts you get.

Now I'm going to use a US SEN account since it's heaps cheaper and gets content faster than my local one.

Are there any disadvantages in doing so? I gather some of the DLC won't work with the local copies games I get. But will the multiplayer default to the US region? meaning I'm have horrible lag while playing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Liked: 832
All DLC is region locked to US region games on the US PS store, so if you wanted any DLC via that account you'd have to import US region games. I assume digital downloads of full games follow that region coding.

Disc games are not region locked, so you can always just buy disc games in your region and have a secondary account based in your region to download your local regions DLC.

Multiplayer is a bit of both, and depends on the game. BF3 for example allows you to browse and join all regions and even filter by them. Killzone 2 back in the day asked for you to choose a default region. Naughtydog games seem to be worldwide, while other P2P games might try to filter you to the region of the game without asking. It's really up to the developer.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Thanks. I guess since multiplayer has been free up till now, I'll have to ask the question again once the PS4 is released. If I have a US account as my primary, I wonder if I get multiplayer on any non-US secondary account.
I'm glad Sony haven't been as draconian as MS for foreign accounts, hopefully that practice continues into the next generation.

You guys in the US don't realise how cheap you get games for, I save on average about half on games vs local, factoring in both exchange rates and the regular discounts that happen far more frequently and with greater reductions than a lot of overseas countries
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page