NBA 2K14 (PS3 / PS4) - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 85 Old 11-19-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
So I tried to go to the park area last night and play some pickup games. The premise is cool. You load into the park, there are about 60 people there running around. But the damn thing never worked. No one could get into a game. You would go stand in the "got next" area and nothing ever happened. Have any of you actually been able to play a pickup game?

Also, I agreed to wear a clown nose for the rest of my rookie campaign. Pretty funny stuff in MyCareer.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 85 Old 11-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Also, I agreed to wear a clown nose for the rest of my rookie campaign. Pretty funny stuff in MyCareer.

I got drafted by the Bucks, so Caron Butler asked me to carry his bags for the season. Knowing that is normal, I agreed. But, when he came back and asked me to wear the clown nose, I drew the line. He wasn't very happy with me. However, I had a great game the next night and he took me out on the town. I had such a good time that I overslept and was late for practice. Now coach is pissed and threatening to reduce my minutes. biggrin.gif

Love this game...

PSN = ChitownJackalope

Blackhawk Down(stairs) Theater
post #63 of 85 Old 11-19-2013, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 170
So, one of my biggest worries about the move to 1080p with a lot of these games is how watered down everything will look on my 720p projector. I have a nice 1080p plasma in the living room, but it's only a 50 incher. My 720p projector in my media room has been my go to display for that "immersive" experience. The 720p thing wasn't really an issue during last gen with 90 percent of games being native 720p.

I hooked my PS4 up to the projector last night, and played a number of games, one of which was NBA 2K14.

Let me tell you something, for anybody that owns a projector, NBA 2K14 is ABSOLUTELY a must own game, because the game becomes REAL at 120 inches or more. Seriously.

The game looks like I'm watching a live TNT broadcast. I mean, it's absolutely ridiculous. My screen is about 126 inches, and at that size, everything is noticable. When I play it on my 50 inch plasma, the game looks outstanding, and more crisp, but that plasma is only 50 inches, so from the normal camera viewpoint, most of the little details are lost unless I'm sitting unnaturally close to the telly. But, put this game on a huge 120 inch screen and it's a revelation.

It's like I had to pinch myself, to make sure that this is real.

I still want to get a 1080p projector in the very near future, but I'm glad that the downrez to 720p didn't totally kill the experience for me. Sure, the game might lose a tiny bit of clarity and detail, but the increase in screen size more than makes up for the difference.
Chairman7w likes this.
post #64 of 85 Old 11-19-2013, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Amazon has the Superfan version for $70. Looks like its a digital version as well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FGUSRFE/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_0842_62e72e99?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=1122J4NB1GGYV1PEMGF0&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1663040842

Edit - I should of read what this edition is. You get the PS3 and PS4 version of the game.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #65 of 85 Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post

I got drafted by the Bucks, so Caron Butler asked me to carry his bags for the season. Knowing that is normal, I agreed. But, when he came back and asked me to wear the clown nose, I drew the line. He wasn't very happy with me. However, I had a great game the next night and he took me out on the town. I had such a good time that I overslept and was late for practice. Now coach is pissed and threatening to reduce my minutes. biggrin.gif

Love this game...

I'm wearing the clown nose. redface.gif

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #66 of 85 Old 11-19-2013, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 735
i love the 2k nba games, but haven't bought in a couple of years, because i only play online and the online aspect of this game was really lacking in the past..
post #67 of 85 Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

The menu on hte ps4 version (could be the same with ps3), is absolutely atrocious. I have a hard time finding anything. Has anyone figured out how to just get your myplayer into a gym to practice dribbling and stuff? I would hope this is available. Other ui question. Is there a way to see what the different perks (enforcer, deadeye,...) actually do? I can't find a description anywhere.

Also, I'm trying to use the myNba2k14 app to earn some vc. The app says go to your myplayer screen and find the email address used for the account. I can't find it anywhere. I was eventually able to log in to the nba2k website, but no dice on the app.

post #68 of 85 Old 11-20-2013, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 590
The Anandtech article shows a clear advantage on the PS4. Looks like better AA implementation.

http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-xbox-one-mini-review-hardware-analysis/4
post #69 of 85 Old 11-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

The Anandtech article shows a clear advantage on the PS4. Looks like better AA implementation.

http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-xbox-one-mini-review-hardware-analysis/4

One thing that keeps coming up in reviews on multiple sites that I don't understand is that they aren't expecting the devs to optimize for the better specs of the PS4. Last gen we kept hearing that devs were developing for the better Xbox and then porting over to the PS3 without optimizing for it. Seems like this gen the optimization should be for the PS4 and then the Xbox should get the ported left overs. biggrin.gif

PSN brakel

post #70 of 85 Old 11-21-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 104
Every time I play this game I love it more. I lost two killer games to my son last night.

In each game I just went totally flat in the fourth quarter, and he got hot, and that was all she wrote. But it's just an amazing game that is (to me) the best of the launch titles. (I didn't get AC4 for PS4, so bear that in mind).

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #71 of 85 Old 11-21-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

It is an amazing game. I've only been playing MyCareer, and it does have it's frustrations. I'm playing for Daaaa Bullsss. I'm currently the 6th man. I come in down 10, pull the team back to within three with a buzzer beater at the end of hte half. I sub back in 4 minutes into the third and we're down 24. Then I get the dynamic goal to pull the team to within five and fail of course. After the game coach takes minutes away from me because I didn't take advantage of my playing time (I only scored 22 points...). Needless to say I went off on him, threatened the GM, then requested a trade.

post #72 of 85 Old 11-21-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

The dialogue in the My Career mode is hilarious.

You feel me, dog ?
post #73 of 85 Old 11-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Love this game...and I'm only about 25 games into my career.

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #74 of 85 Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 104
Carmelo is a straight up BEAST in this game!! My son played the Knicks against me (Houston) and he scored 40 with Melo, I had NO answer. Threes, posting up repeatedly. It was ugly.

I should have tried a zone.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #75 of 85 Old 11-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 45
2 years into my GM run with the Bulls, I received an error code that booted me to the dashboard. After attempting to access the save file and encountering the same error a few more times, I assumed that the saved file was corrupt. I deleted the offending file and had to start over with a new MyGM. Very frustrating... mad.gif

PSN = ChitownJackalope

Blackhawk Down(stairs) Theater
post #76 of 85 Old 12-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

It is an amazing game. I've only been playing MyCareer, and it does have it's frustrations. I'm playing for Daaaa Bullsss. I'm currently the 6th man. I come in down 10, pull the team back to within three with a buzzer beater at the end of hte half. I sub back in 4 minutes into the third and we're down 24. Then I get the dynamic goal to pull the team to within five and fail of course. After the game coach takes minutes away from me because I didn't take advantage of my playing time (I only scored 22 points...). Needless to say I went off on him, threatened the GM, then requested a trade.
This is probably my biggest frustration - last night I play in the first half a reasonable amount and we have a 3-5 point lead. No tick in the 3rd & I come in down 16 with the goal of winning. Think I cut it to 3 or 4 late, but we come up short. I have 27 or so on 80% shooting & then Coach is telling me he's disappointed in my play and he'll have to cut my minutes as a result since we didn't win. Never mind the guys that were -21 while I was out in the 3rd or his lousy job of not playing me at all in the 3rd, it's my minutes that get cut? How realistic is that?

I haven't resorted to throwing a tantrum yet in the "interviews" but maybe that's the best response. Certainly most appropriate. Overall I've been enjoying MyCareer quite a bit - my son's running a player & I am too and it's fun, but those moments where the coach is telling you he's taking away tick when you just played an amazing game are killing me...

Maybe I need better teammates? biggrin.gif

PS3 ID: Mav_26_
post #77 of 85 Old 12-02-2013, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

So how did you get drafted by the bucks? I want to but can't seem to manage that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

post #78 of 85 Old 12-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
It probably wouldn't hurt to pick a position of need for the Bucks with your player to encourage them to take you. But when your agent asks what your favorite team is, pick the Bucks & then at the pre-draft interviews with the other GMs, tell them you don't want to play for them. For the Bucks interview suck-up with your answer.

That should give you your best chance - no idea if it's 100% but it should make it relatively probable you end up a Buck. My son blew off the Hawks at the interview & they passed him by to leave him for Utah where he wanted to end up. I was nice to both MIN & UTA and got picked by MIN prior to UTA picking...

PS3 ID: Mav_26_
post #79 of 85 Old 12-19-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, this might sound like a really dumb question, and maybe I'm missing something totally obvious, but does this game have a season mode ?

I want to try to play one season with a specific NBA team, and I can't seem to find where to do this. I've been playing basketball games since the days of the Atari 2600, and normally there is always the exhibition games, and then there is the season mode, where you can take a single NBA team and play all the games from the regular season, and see if you can make the playoffs, etc, etc. Usually they will also offer shortened seasons as well.
post #80 of 85 Old 12-19-2013, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Ok, this might sound like a really dumb question, and maybe I'm missing something totally obvious, but does this game have a season mode ?

I want to try to play one season with a specific NBA team, and I can't seem to find where to do this. I've been playing basketball games since the days of the Atari 2600, and normally there is always the exhibition games, and then there is the season mode, where you can take a single NBA team and play all the games from the regular season, and see if you can make the playoffs, etc, etc. Usually they will also offer shortened seasons as well.
Go to start a new mygm mode and when the setup starts click r1 I think to get to season mode instead mygm. I did this with the timberwolves.
post #81 of 85 Old 12-19-2013, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Go to MyGM, click the R1 button to switch from General Manager mode to Regular Season mode and you are all set.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #82 of 85 Old 01-02-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

This game can get really frustrating some times. I got a dynamic goal to shut down Russel Westbrook and outscore him. I'm a small forward so I'm not even guarding him, but okay, challenge accepted.

I put up 41 point, 10 rebounds, had 3 blocks. Westbrook scored 19 (he was averaging 27). I lose the goal and have the coach tell me he's disappointed in my performance. In my tweets I get some flack from westbrook about not showing up but all of the other tweets were raving about my performance and my career high in points.

They really need to fix the logic for these goals.

post #83 of 85 Old 01-04-2014, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This game can get really frustrating some times. I got a dynamic goal to shut down Russel Westbrook and outscore him. I'm a small forward so I'm not even guarding him, but okay, challenge accepted.

I put up 41 point, 10 rebounds, had 3 blocks. Westbrook scored 19 (he was averaging 27). I lose the goal and have the coach tell me he's disappointed in my performance. In my tweets I get some flack from westbrook about not showing up but all of the other tweets were raving about my performance and my career high in points.

They really need to fix the logic for these goals.

I'm having similar issues with the Dunk Challenges. I am 6'2" shooting guard. I have 92 speed, 92 vertical and 85 dunk but my player just wont dunk, not even on a fast break. There is no way I can win the dunk challenges if they never allow my player to dunk. Flawed challenges for my player or a bug in my player not being able to do a basic dunk...
post #84 of 85 Old 01-04-2014, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

If you don't apply a dunk package he will never dunk. I did the same thing.

post #85 of 85 Old 01-04-2014, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you don't apply a dunk package he will never dunk. I did the same thing.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it tomorrow smile.gif
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Nba 2k14
Gear in this thread - 2k14 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page