PS3 and Netflix 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone else having issues with streaming 3D content on their PS3s? Everytime I try to play 3D content it just stutters and bounces around. I know it's not my internent connection because I have 100 Mbps Down/5 Mbps Up. Also 3D conten works fine on my Smart TV I just prefer to use the PS3 for Netflix as it has the better interface IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
It worked perfect for me a week ago, watched 3 Netflix 3D movies on the PS3 then. 30 down/5 up. I'll have to try again and see if things changed. Did Netflix 3D on your PS3 ever work OK, and now it's suddenly glitchy?
post #3 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 06:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvamp View Post

Is anyone else having issues with streaming 3D content on their PS3s? Everytime I try to play 3D content it just stutters and bounces around. I know it's not my internent connection because I have 100 Mbps Down/5 Mbps Up. Also 3D conten works fine on my Smart TV I just prefer to use the PS3 for Netflix as it has the better interface IMO.

But 3D from Netflix on the PS3 is limited to only 720P. Not sure about your TV but I know my Sony 3D BD players can play Netflix 3D 1080P streams instead of the 720P 3D streams that the PS3 is limited to.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #4 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 07:46 PM

I am having that exact problem. I figured i had too slow of a downloading issue. My ps3 test show between 6 and 9 mps typically, yet whenever i do a speed test with my ipad i get 15 to 20 mps. The first time i tried to stream 3d from netflix a few weeks ago it did work. Now its just a stuttering, strobelike mess.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

The 3D has always been that bad for me. I might try running a cable to the PS3 to see if that improves it or just wait for the Xbox One/PS4 to come out I plan on getting both; Xbox One first then a PS4 once more games come out that I want.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-30-2013, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Since this is the most recent Netflix/PS3 thread, I'll ask this here: does anyone know why I wouldn't be getting 5.1 DD on certain TV shows and movies, even though the listing in the PS3 Netflix app says it's available in 5.1 and other shows that I check at the same time are giving me 5.1 audio? For instance, Sons of Anarchy is only 2 channel audio for me on my PS3 (using HDMI straight to Yamaha receiver), but House of Cards is always 5.1. I thought the 5.1 was just false advertising for Sons of Anarchy (and a few other shows and movies I've tried), but last night I fired up SoA on my bedroom smart blu-ray player (a Sony 3100) and was getting 5.1 (coaxial to 10-year-old old Panasonic receiver). I had my PS3 set to PCM, but changing to bitstream didn't seem to make a difference. Any other settings I could check?

Thanks!
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page