Why Are Some Xbox 360 Users Switching to PS4? - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
epicbloodline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,569
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioman1 View Post

I'm buying a New HDTV 70" and my DVD player died last week and I was wondering which one would be the best to replace mine.?
Playstation or Xbox

The PS4 is the first and only device to do 7.1 audio not bad for $399.99

xboxlive: BLACKSOULTRAIN or SILVERBACK XXL
epicbloodline is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,022
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassConfusion View Post

Yes i agree, the "spycam arguement" makes no sense as they already monitor facebook, phone calls,computer searches, data bases, emails etc etc.

The ps4 also being cheaper is also super misleading since you need to buy a camera AND vita to get the full potential of the system- is that about $650 for a complete setup now? lets not forget the cost of a vita memory card.

I never understood the whole "ps4 is for gaming and x1 isnt" arguement. Didnt microsoft pledge $1billion to game development alone?? Did the x1 not have any games at launch?? Didnt sony mention they were trying to also make tv series for the ps4??

Sony is a gaming system but launched with only 1(killzone) worthy exclusive (2 if u include knack) yet the non gaming system launched with 3 (dead rising, forza, killer instinct. 4 if u include ryse?) And has the highest anticipated game due next gen in titanfall? Also lets not forget left 4 dead, gears of war, halo each have more replayability then unchartered, gods of war, last of us combined?

Also xbox live is a far more reliable and superior service then psn, now especially with 300,000 dedicated servers just for gaming multiplayer sessions are far more improved (remember tho - x1 isnt about gaming).

Focused on the gamer- sony has ditched the Move, six axiss, linux capability and a few other things from ps3- sony seems unable to focus on anything, right now there even deleting speakers from their 4k tvs just to make them cheaper. i think its safe to say that sony isnt focused on any one thing (as im sure ms is also focused on several thing also)

It may sound like i hate sony, which i dont, but the things i keep reading as to why ps4 is better make no sense. Both systems are great prople, there really is no reason to bash either.

the ps4 being cheaper is not misleading, everyone in my family and my friends all bought ps4 with no intention of buying vita and camera. That is like saying a chevy is same the same cost of a caddy, if you add the rims, leather, etc... i cannot tell you how many people switched (that i know personally, pretty much all my gaming buddies were 360 players like i was) to ps4 and one of the BIG, MAIN factors was being forect to by kinect which they have no intention of ever using. That is what is great about the ps4 is it doesn't FORCE YOU to buy things you will never use.

also the reason behind people saying sony focused on games and ms didn't, is just look at the rollout, shoot just go to youtube and look at commercials, every sony commercial is game focused, 90% of commercials for xb1 have switching between games and tv or (i watch a lot of football) how now you can do fantasy football with your xb1. when you look at interviews sony is talking about making the system easy to develop games for, then you read an interview with MS and they are talking about the ad dollars they are going to gain by selling info by having kinect bundled. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what the companies are focused on. Even the name ONE is because it is ONE system to take care of all entertainment needs. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what sony and MS focus is..
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #153 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Member
 
MassConfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA & NY
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

the ps4 being cheaper is not misleading, everyone in my family and my friends all bought ps4 with no intention of buying vita and camera. That is like saying a chevy is same the same cost of a caddy, if you add the rims, leather, etc... i cannot tell you how many people switched (that i know personally, pretty much all my gaming buddies were 360 players like i was) to ps4 and one of the BIG, MAIN factors was being forect to by kinect which they have no intention of ever using. That is what is great about the ps4 is it doesn't FORCE YOU to buy things you will never use.

also the reason behind people saying sony focused on games and ms didn't, is just look at the rollout, shoot just go to youtube and look at commercials, every sony commercial is game focused, 90% of commercials for xb1 have switching between games and tv or (i watch a lot of football) how now you can do fantasy football with your xb1. when you look at interviews sony is talking about making the system easy to develop games for, then you read an interview with MS and they are talking about the ad dollars they are going to gain by selling info by having kinect bundled. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what the companies are focused on. Even the name ONE is because it is ONE system to take care of all entertainment needs. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what sony and MS focus is..

Its because sony only does what the ps3 can already do, it has nothing else to advertise, is microsoft not suppose to advertise what it does?
When bmw advertises rain sense wipers and a red interior leather does that mean they lost focus on its driving experience??

And you cany blame microsoft for selling its complete ecosystem in one box, it gaurantees the developers have an audience to build software for it. No one can deny sony has already killed its new camera since no one will buy it now. I think forcing people to buy super overpriced memory cards on the vita is the same as you are describing ms does with its kinnect.
MassConfusion is offline  
post #154 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,022
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassConfusion View Post

Its because sony only does what the ps3 can already do, it has nothing else to advertise, is microsoft not suppose to advertise what it does?
When bmw advertises rain sense wipers and a red interior leather does that mean they lost focus on its driving experience??

And you cany blame microsoft for selling its complete ecosystem in one box, it gaurantees the developers have an audience to build software for it. No one can deny sony has already killed its new camera since no one will buy it now. I think forcing people to buy super overpriced memory cards on the vita is the same as you are describing ms does with its kinnect.

look, i am not a MS, Sony or N fanboy, so you bringing up vita and memory cards just supports my argument, because yes i fully agree with you, sony made a horrible decision with the memory cards, just like MS did with kinect and since that is your point I am glad that we are both agree that sony made a horrible decision with memory cards on vita and MS made a horrible decision with kinect. So i don't know why you are arguing with me.

You argument on "is MS not suppose to advertise what it does". Without a doubt it should and as a result people will base their decisions off of that and why should you get mad when people are repeating MS message. But you car argument is a little off, but let's stick with it. How do you think people would respond if BMW which caters to performance driving (just like MS catered to performance gaming with the 360) launched a new car and it went like this
Car Conference
We are proud to unveil the new BMW next generation of cars. We have added extra lumbar support for people with back problems, we have also added a feature where if you leave your blinker on too long it will turn it off, we have added extra strong fenders and reinforced all the doors to handle car crashes. We also added a feature where when you buy the car a chip it activated with your key that is tied to your drivers license and now you don't have to worry about anybody stealing the car (and of course you can't resell the care either). Then when BMW was asked questions about things like horsepower, acceleration, etc.. they wouldn't really answer.

Then after people start investigating they find out that all the extra features actually made the engine, tires, etc.. not really cutting edge performance as BMW used to be, and in fact the next gen lexus has almost 50% more horsepower and better tires. And then reports come out that in performance tests the Lexus is beating the BMW handily. Wouldn't you expect that people that were focused in on performance that they would jump to Lexus, of course they would. Does that mean that the other features BMW "added" they don't need to talk about, of course they do, they are now targeting a different audience.

But then in car forums everywhere you have people saying things like "Well saying Lexus has 50% more horsepower is deceiving, because on the road it doesn't make it a 50% faster car." "BMW is still a performance car, they just added some features, but they are still focused on performance driving" or "Lexus (insert derogatory comment here to somehow try to make BMW look better)"

I had a guy at church as me about PS4 or XB1, i said IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. (i didn't say MS sucks and Sony rules)

I told him that if his kids love Kinect and Kinect games or he is really into have an all in one entertainment center, then to get XB1. If he is like me and just wants to play games get a ps4. He said well i have a 360 now and i could care less about Kinect, so i was already looking at the ps4, so what you said makes sense..

Lastly, for me personally, i don't have cable TV, don't play fantasy football, and love to play games, shouldn't i go with the system that is easier for game developers to work on, the system that has already had better gaming performance, they system has better specs at a lower price? That is just facts, the funny thing about all this is, numerous people like myself were called MS fanboys in the last generation because we loved 360!
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #155 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
ATC7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I actually will be picking up both an X1 and a PS4 sometime in the next year or so, after hopefully all the bugs have been ironed out and with some more titles available. I think both systems have compelling exclusives in the pipeline so it makes sense to have both.

Having said that, I am a little disappointed in MSFT's decision to put all the multimedia features behind the XBL pay-wall. For me, and I'm probably in the minority here, I have no interest in multi-player online gaming but I do like using the multimedia streaming services which is free to do on the PS4 but requires Xbox Live Gold to function on the X1; I think that was a mistake on MSFt's part. I know friends of mine, who are of the same opinion as me in this regard, have opted to get the PS4 as their system of choice in part because of this.

But funnily enough, this holiday season I picked up the Wii U instead of X1 or PS4 as, for me at least, it's the best family gaming system. My wife and my 7 year old son absolutely love it and we all have a blast playing together on it, something that we tried but ultimately could not do on either our PS3 or 360. Of course it helps that the Wii U has finally reached a price point that's very accessible and it's been out for a year so all teething issues have been addressed.
ATC7 is offline  
post #156 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
losservatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,940
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

Im not a gamer ,I use the Xbox 360 for streaming.Im don't have any plans to buy a console right now ,but in the future I will buy the Xbox one when they drop the price at least $100 less.

Why use an Xbox if all you do is streaming? Those services are locked behind Live unlike on Playstation consoles and other media boxes. It just seems like a waste if you aren't using the gaming side of Live...



Because I got a very good deal for xbox live.I also like the xbox interface.I have other streaming device, roku ,htpc and a xbmc box ,but I spend more time on the xbox and the xbmc box.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Sonos Connect / Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /
losservatore is online now  
post #157 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Senior Member
 
BAMABLUHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

??????So you don't carry any cell phones, tablets, or laptops into your home? All those devices also record audio and video. They are no worse or better than Kinect. They all have the capability to record both audio and video.

I know for me, when I do get a PS4 I'll pretty much have to get the camera that goes with it too. SInce using the XBOne with Kinect has been a game changer for me. I couldn't imagine using a next gen console without that capability now. So I will need to use my PS4 in a similar fashion.
I think if you know anything about the Kinect, you'd know that you just made a false comparison. The Kinect is ALWAYS ON, ALWAYS RECORDING both audio and video "awaiting user instruction" for your "convenience".

The other devices you mention are user controlled. My "camera" isn't recording until I make it. It doesn't listen to my conversations, arguments, intimacy, politics, etc and stores the data outside of my home.

Also, I don't use Facebook or other such self reporting tools. Nothing to hide, it's just none of your business or anyone else's what goes on in my life. I don't need profiles built on me without my consent. Other than your FICO score, you usually opt in to or out of other attempts to have data on you gathered. Since Kinect is always one while you watch TV, say goodbye to your families privacy.

Sure hope no one ever wishes to hack NSA/XBOX1, because you know.... no one ever hacks anything.
d_m1010 likes this.
BAMABLUHD is offline  
post #158 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Member
 
Justin Morgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC7 View Post

Having said that, I am a little disappointed in MSFT's decision to put all the multimedia features behind the XBL pay-wall. For me, and I'm probably in the minority here, I have no interest in multi-player online gaming but I do like using the multimedia streaming services which is free to do on the PS4 but requires Xbox Live Gold to function on the X1; I think that was a mistake on MSFt's part.

I'm not a multiplayer gamer either, and I'm extremely disappointed (more than a little smile.gif ) in MS's decision to force you to pony up $60 year after year for Xbox Live Gold just to use Netflix and the other multimedia features. Buyers already bought the system, why does MS have to force everyone to pay an extra $60/year to unlock what they already paid for? That's like extortion. And they force you to pay for a Kinect that many folks don't want/need.

Now that most games are cross platform, it matters less which console you choose. Halo used to be awesome, but the franchise has been going downhill for years so it's not a compelling reason to choose Xbox One IMHO.

Sooo... probably a PS4 in my future.
Justin Morgan is offline  
post #159 of 160 Old 12-01-2013, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Leo_Ames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 197
The current developers have had only one crack at an original entry if I'm not mistaken in that franchise. So you might be writing it off a bit prematurely.
Leo_Ames is offline  
post #160 of 160 Old 12-02-2013, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator
 
DrDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 12,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Since this thread cannot seem to remain on track, I'm closing it.
DaverJ, kkirsche and MassConfusion like this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
DrDon is offline  
Closed Thread PlayStation Area

Tags
Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Xbox One Games , Playstation 4 Console , Playstation 4 Games , Xbox 360 Console

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off