Target: Buy two games, get one free (includes PS4 titles) 11/10 thru 11/16 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 48 Old 11-10-2013, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
No, that's 30% stacked on top of B2G1F. If you're lucky enough to find the coupon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 Old 11-10-2013, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I see that another thread have been started already concerning the Amazon deal. I should have read other threads beforehand.
post #33 of 48 Old 11-10-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 382
I'll go to Best Buy on Tuesday and get them to match the offer. With 20% off that should make the bill just over $100.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #34 of 48 Old 11-10-2013, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Amazon deal is what I'll be doing. It's a limited list of games but they include the three I wanted anyway. Too many issues with Target on release dates per game depending on which of their stores you go to.

post #35 of 48 Old 11-10-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Went to Best Buy - they had KZ & Knack for sale. Asked if they would promotion match and was told No. Interestingly, per the sales assoc. Sony never gave Target the green light for this promotion, which seems to be the driving force behind why a lot of stores aren't offering matches.

Interesting that some are willing and some aren't.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #36 of 48 Old 11-10-2013, 05:49 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post

Some of my 3 aren't released until Tuesday or Friday. I fear by then the ones that were in stock on Sunday would be gone. I doubt Target honors this for a pre-order. How to make this work...
Has Amazon matched this? Will they do it with a pre-order?

For the Target deal...buy three PS4 games on Tuesday, then exchange the ones that you don't want for those that you want that are released on Friday.
post #37 of 48 Old 11-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I was at Target today. They said if the Ps4 game you want is not in stock, just buy any three $60 games (360, One, ps3 or ps4) and one will be free. Then exchange them for the Ps4 games you want as they come in during the week. I believe the receipt says last day for promo return/exchange is Dec 12. The promo covers all games and all systems.
post #38 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 AM

Liked: 16
Went to Target this morning to catch the Tuesday release day games. Had to fight through mad crowds of nobody. Waited by electronics counter for a while to even catch an employee. Oh the excitement of next gen gaming is overwhelming.

They had Assassin's Creed 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall for PS4 on the shelf. For my 3rd I grabbed the PC version of Battlefield 4. For me that's always been my go-to PC game, will try to keep it that way. For some reason I thought Killzone wasn't released until Friday. AC4 was released today. This worked out well.
post #39 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post

Went to Target this morning to catch the Tuesday release day games. Had to fight through mad crowds of nobody. Waited by electronics counter for a while to even catch an employee. Oh the excitement of next gen gaming is overwhelming.

They had Assassin's Creed 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall for PS4 on the shelf. For my 3rd I grabbed the PC version of Battlefield 4. For me that's always been my go-to PC game, will try to keep it that way. For some reason I thought Killzone wasn't released until Friday. AC4 was released today. This worked out well.

Had a similar experience yesterday, though I got street-date blocked on AC4 (going to try and exchange CoD today). Per my overall discussion with a sales rep most titles are "released" with a few titles unavailable until Friday. Though I can say it varies from store to store on what they will sell (possible can sell)

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #40 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Went to the Target near my house today and they didn't have any PS4 games out. They told me the 15th.

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
post #41 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 08:41 AM

Liked: 16
The Target electronics guy did say they had a long memo of all the dates and prices and it was confusing - for example the shelf price for Killzone was listed as 99.99, but it rang up as 59.99. He was planning to go over that memo again and get everything displayed and priced as instructed. I asked if they had consoles yet and he said yes. YMMV is certainly the case for Target, try another store if needed.
post #42 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 11:15 AM

Liked: 12
Went to Target over lunch and picked up Assassins Creed 4, Killzone and Knack. Stopped at Best Buy and they also had all three of those titles up for sale. Also got to play Knack for a little bit on Best Buy's PS4.
post #43 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypwisthis View Post

Also got to play Knack for a little bit on Best Buy's PS4.

Thoughts on Knack? I feel it hasn't gotten much spotlight in terms of reviews.

For those interested, I went to exchange CoD for AC4, which I was able to accomplish, but not without some hassle. Do note that if you try to return/exchange just 1 title you will get less than MSRP for the actual game. However if you take back all 3 games you'll be able to get full value for the titles. Just make sure your Target has the game you intend to exchange in stock, take it to the Customer Service and let them know you are just doing a direct exchange for titles.

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #44 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 01:19 PM

Liked: 29
Walked into my local target this morning at 11am and they were stuffed with games and nobody in line! They 2 for 1nd me with no questions asked. I'm glad I was able to avoid the Amazon debacle. Now if only I can get an honest review of madden before I bother opening it eek.gif
post #45 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

Thoughts on Knack? I feel it hasn't gotten much spotlight in terms of reviews.

For those interested, I went to exchange CoD for AC4, which I was able to accomplish, but not without some hassle. Do note that if you try to return/exchange just 1 title you will get less than MSRP for the actual game. However if you take back all 3 games you'll be able to get full value for the titles. Just make sure your Target has the game you intend to exchange in stock, take it to the Customer Service and let them know you are just doing a direct exchange for titles.

I hadn't read much press on Knack either. For the time I played, It seemed like a fun game. Waiting to read the reviews before opening. If the reviews are poor, I will exchange for something else. My target had a ton of Assassins Creed, about 10 Killzone but only 2 copies left of Knack. Either it is popular or less copies were provided to the store. Thought I better grab it before it was sold out.
post #46 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l88bastard View Post

Walked into my local target this morning at 11am and they were stuffed with games and nobody in line! They 2 for 1nd me with no questions asked. I'm glad I was able to avoid the Amazon debacle. Now if only I can get an honest review of madden before I bother opening it eek.gif

I would also like to see a solid PS4 review for Madden. I was debating between Madden and Knack but ultimately went with Knack. Since the season is half over, I will check out the next Madden in August.
post #47 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

This offer is showing up online (target.com); stock seems to be limited.

YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #48 of 48 Old 11-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

I was at Target today. They said if the Ps4 game you want is not in stock, just buy any three $60 games (360, One, ps3 or ps4) and one will be free. Then exchange them for the Ps4 games you want as they come in during the week. I believe the receipt says last day for promo return/exchange is Dec 12. The promo covers all games and all systems.

Great advice thank you. My closest target had the entire PS4 launch line-up for sale today. Got AC-BF, BF4 & NBA2K14. Plenty of copies available at lunch time. Plan to swap out for other games including Xbox One titles later. Thanks
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page