post #271 of 289 Old 05-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post

There is an issue with custom cameras saving (they don't, lol). The issue has been expressed to SCEA by many and hopefully it is fixed in the next patch.

Thank you. I appreciate the info!

PSN brakel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 289 Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

To answer for him, unless things have changed in the last year, the plate coverage indicator shrinks and your ratings (power, contact, etc) take a penalty hit as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Rgduece is right. I also agree that I do better with all the guessing stuff off. I still have to guess the pitch in my mind and I dont need any ratings to take a hit just because I guessed wrong. Worst case my timing is off.

Thanks for the information. I guess it's probably a good idea to at least cut back on guessing pitches when I got 2 strikes.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #273 of 289 Old 05-31-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 247
I have a hitting question also. Does anyone here actually move the plate location reticle after the pitch is thrown. I usually move it where I think the pitch will come before it is thrown and just try not to swing if it's not in that location. I can't react quickly enough to start in the center and track the ball where its thrown.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #274 of 289 Old 05-31-2014, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I have a hitting question also. Does anyone here actually move the plate location reticle after the pitch is thrown. I usually move it where I think the pitch will come before it is thrown and just try not to swing if it's not in that location. I can't react quickly enough to start in the center and track the ball where its thrown.

I do. If I'm holding it in a certain spot (usually high in the strike zone) and I notice the ball coming in low, I'll move it down to try and hit it. And when I connect with a base hit, It's VERY satisfying!

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #275 of 289 Old 06-02-2014, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I move it after it is thrown. I don't have cat-like reflexes, so I have to tone down pitch speed, but I still have it to where I have problems catching up with high heat, I have problems getting the barrel through on inside pitches, I can be late on fastballs in the zone if I am looking for offspeed. I treat these like real-life weaknesses though and look for pitches I can handle until I get two strikes on me. That does not mean that I put the reticle in one spot and hope for the best though. I still react if it's in that area (ie, I look for thigh to belt high fastballs on outer half to drive to right center, if its middle, down and away, up and away I tend to swing if its in the zone and its a fastball. Anything else, esp inner heat, I take).

Remo, that generally falls in line with what good hitters do in real life when they are ahead in the count, or in a 0-0 count. What is your approach when you have two strikes though? If you are taking that approach (and striking out a lot), are you using the Circle button to foul off close pitches and just worrying about putting the ball in play? If you aren't quick enough to use the reticle as-is, maybe tone down pitch speed a few notches? As you get better with reading pitche-types and locations, and how the different pitches look coming out of the pitchers hand, u can start bumping things back up (or even leave them if you are having fun and are getting realistic/semi-releastic results).
Chairman7w likes this.
post #276 of 289 Old 06-03-2014, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

i created a pitcher in rtts mode and I can't figure out how to unlock all 5 pitches. I'm in his 3rd season... also I have a gold medal (level 5) in pitch command and sim game but it looks like there are more empty slots for more medals but it isn't giving me a chance to earn these medals......can anyone help me out here ??

post #277 of 289 Old 06-03-2014, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder19 View Post

i created a pitcher in rtts mode and I can't figure out how to unlock all 5 pitches. I'm in his 3rd season... also I have a gold medal (level 5) in pitch command and sim game but it looks like there are more empty slots for more medals but it isn't giving me a chance to earn these medals......can anyone help me out here ??

I have a couple more questions actually.... It says there is a way to turn off the umpire's bad calls but I cannot find a way to do that either.   The last question is a bit esoteric.... When I am choosing a windup for my pitcher there is a yellow meter / bar that comes down while the pitcher is in the windup and slightly after his release.  This bar is sometimes slow and sometimes very fast, sometimes it lingers for a bit after the pitch and sometimes it doesn't, for some windups the yellow will engulf the entire screen while other windups will not even provoke the yellow to come out at all.  What in the world does all this mean ??  I would only think it has to do with accuracy, power, and energy exerted per pitch but nobody seems to be talking about it at all.

post #278 of 289 Old 06-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Advanced Member

I think there's a couple of medals for hitting and one for fielding. Perhaps it doesn't have the pitchers do these.

PSN brakel

post #279 of 289 Old 06-06-2014, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:

I move it after it is thrown. I don't have cat-like reflexes, so I have to tone down pitch speed, but I still have it to where I have problems catching up with high heat, I have problems getting the barrel through on inside pitches, I can be late on fastballs in the zone if I am looking for offspeed. I treat these like real-life weaknesses though and look for pitches I can handle until I get two strikes on me. That does not mean that I put the reticle in one spot and hope for the best though. I still react if it's in that area (ie, I look for thigh to belt high fastballs on outer half to drive to right center, if its middle, down and away, up and away I tend to swing if its in the zone and its a fastball. Anything else, esp inner heat, I take).

Remo, that generally falls in line with what good hitters do in real life when they are ahead in the count, or in a 0-0 count. What is your approach when you have two strikes though? If you are taking that approach (and striking out a lot), are you using the Circle button to foul off close pitches and just worrying about putting the ball in play? If you aren't quick enough to use the reticle as-is, maybe tone down pitch speed a few notches? As you get better with reading pitche-types and locations, and how the different pitches look coming out of the pitchers hand, u can start bumping things back up (or even leave them if you are having fun and are getting realistic/semi-releastic results).

I may have to fiddle with pitch speed.

I generally try to pick up on the pitcher tendencies early in the count/game (some pitchers are easier than others to pick up on) and then hold my reticle in that area. If I get ahead early I'll just keep it in the middle and if I get behind early I'll use the contact swing unless I get something down the middle.

I'm not unsuccessful at hitting by any means, but I feel like I could move the difficulty up a bit (I'm on whatever the default is, a step above rookie I think) if I could track the pitches better.

One tip I've found useful is to find a pitchers release point and focus on that. You can tell much earlier if it's a ball or strike than trying to wait til the pitch gets closer.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #280 of 289 Old 06-08-2014, 05:43 PM

You are doing the right thing in starting your eyes in the pitchers release point window, . Pitch speed is a nice place to atart to get things going, you can always lower things like contact, power and solid contact frequency (most good slider sets have this at 2 or 3 regardless) and find a nice balance for yourself.

On a sidenote, Im getting very frustrated with RTTS. I been playing this mode (oftentimes exclusively) for 6 or 7 years now, and one thing that has never changed has been the almost predictable hot and cold streaks. The show does a great job recognizing that slumps happen, and realizing sometimes you are squaring up the ball nice but keep hitting it right at guys "thats baseball" as they say, but im convinced these are predetermined and the user has very little input in changing it. The game decides when u are going to break out of that 3 for 28 slump.

Its like: you get red hot for 8 to 10 games. Every blooper falls, u dont have to make solid contact ot have the reticle right on the ball and balls fly out the yard or for doubles. Tou are hitting in the 400s during this time. Then, over the next four or five games you steady off but still have good games til u hit a stretch of several 1 for 4s. Then the inevitable cold streak where u can square up balls and they are weak grounders or flyouts. When u absolutely piss on a ball its right at a fielder who doesnt have to move. U can piss on four balls in a row and the fielders took a combined four steps to field them and youre 0 for 4. This goes on for eight to 10 games, u have a breakout game and its rinse repeat.

I played ball for a long time and was a streaky hitter myself, i get what they are trying to do. But its just too much of a rollercoaster and there isnt enough of that flat consistency. And not every hitter is streaky anyhow. Just frustrating for years that they still have things like this, to where RTts feels so scripted. I even played the same game over four times just to see. Got one hit in four games and recorded numerous loud outs against a weak starting pitcher. The games saying, no, youre in a slump and u will be staying here for another week
post #281 of 289 Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You are doing the right thing in starting your eyes in the pitchers release point window, . Pitch speed is a nice place to atart to get things going, you can always lower things like contact, power and solid contact frequency (most good slider sets have this at 2 or 3 regardless) and find a nice balance for yourself.

On a sidenote, Im getting very frustrated with RTTS. I been playing this mode (oftentimes exclusively) for 6 or 7 years now, and one thing that has never changed has been the almost predictable hot and cold streaks. The show does a great job recognizing that slumps happen, and realizing sometimes you are squaring up the ball nice but keep hitting it right at guys "thats baseball" as they say, but im convinced these are predetermined and the user has very little input in changing it. The game decides when u are going to break out of that 3 for 28 slump.

Its like: you get red hot for 8 to 10 games. Every blooper falls, u dont have to make solid contact ot have the reticle right on the ball and balls fly out the yard or for doubles. Tou are hitting in the 400s during this time. Then, over the next four or five games you steady off but still have good games til u hit a stretch of several 1 for 4s. Then the inevitable cold streak where u can square up balls and they are weak grounders or flyouts. When u absolutely piss on a ball its right at a fielder who doesnt have to move. U can piss on four balls in a row and the fielders took a combined four steps to field them and youre 0 for 4. This goes on for eight to 10 games, u have a breakout game and its rinse repeat.

I played ball for a long time and was a streaky hitter myself, i get what they are trying to do. But its just too much of a rollercoaster and there isnt enough of that flat consistency. And not every hitter is streaky anyhow. Just frustrating for years that they still have things like this, to where RTts feels so scripted. I even played the same game over four times just to see. Got one hit in four games and recorded numerous loud outs against a weak starting pitcher. The games saying, no, youre in a slump and u will be staying here for another week

I suggest not pissing on the balls. That can't be good for them.

PSN brakel

post #282 of 289 Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 PM

Lol. My wife makes fun of some of the baseball phrases i use too. "Got his tits lit" "right down the d*ck" etc
post #283 of 289 Old 06-10-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol. My wife makes fun of some of the baseball phrases i use too. "Got his tits lit" "right down the d*ck" etc

post #284 of 289 Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM

Lmao. Chairman you post over at bodybuilding.com too huh. Took me a while to recognize where i knew that name from
post #285 of 289 Old 06-15-2014, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Hah!!! Good job, Dave man. Ya got me!!! (repped!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
Lmao. Chairman you post over at bodybuilding.com too huh. Took me a while to recognize where i knew that name from

post #286 of 289 Old 07-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Am I reading right on the specs that the custom soundtrack option has been removed? That's a huge loss given that it's been one of the things I've greatly enjoyed in previous versions. Nothing like hearing the opening riffs to "Thunderstruck" or "Breadfan" begin as I hit a bomb in my home stadium.

Of course it doesn't help that the PS4 still doesn't have mp3 support...

post #287 of 289 Old 07-11-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLefty View Post
Am I reading right on the specs that the custom soundtrack option has been removed? That's a huge loss given that it's been one of the things I've greatly enjoyed in previous versions. Nothing like hearing the opening riffs to "Thunderstruck" or "Breadfan" begin as I hit a bomb in my home stadium.

Of course it doesn't help that the PS4 still doesn't have mp3 support...
That is why you cannot use them... My understanding though, is the support will be there once Sony fixes that.
post #288 of 289 Old 07-14-2014, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
That is why you cannot use them...
Ha! Well played, I certainly phrased all of that very buffoonishly.

What I wasn't sure about is if the custom soundtrack ability was removed from The Show '14 period, even in the PS3 version. But it appears that's thankfully not the case.

I've got two PS3s but haven't gone to the next generation yet. Just wanted to check on what I'd be losing if/when I make the move, which is a weird thing to have to think about.

post #289 of 289 Old 07-17-2014, 07:22 AM

LOL, I apologize, I was truly not intending to be a smarta** with the period usage.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Ps3 Mlb 13 The Show

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page