Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

That's a good point Nex. That's why I don't purchase sports games that much anymore but combine the itch to play and next gen graphics and I fold.

Look, it's still a phenomenal game and it's still a great purchase which I'm going to enjoy the heck out of playing but it's not the gigantic leap I was expecting. Maybe it's because the PS3 version was so good. Hopefully next year's game makes that leap. To me, NBA 2k14 is a complete different experience gen wise, therefore best next gen sports title available. The Show 14 is not far behind, though.

Edit: FYI, for disc owners be patient as even the disc version takes about 3 0 to 45 minutes to completely install. Can't imagine how long the DD version is going to take to download and install.

Outside of its pretty appearance, NBA 2K14 on PS4 was absolute trash. Once patches hit, the gameplay went to crap (it was nice at launch), and dont get me started on the stripped down game modes and digital currency.
emartins likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Still can't download. Really hoping to play this after work today, but at the moment the chances of that are looking slim. The Infamous "midnight" release went super smooth, not sure how they screwed this one up... my only guess is something to do with the new pre-loading functionality messed it up.

Latest PS blog post... where everyone is also complaining.
Quote:
Update: Due to unforeseen technical issues, MLB 14 The Show for PS4 is not currently available for download via the PlayStation Store. All parties are working as quickly as possible to remedy the issue. We’ll update this post as soon as a resolution is reached. Thank you for your continued patience.

It’s been a little over a month since we launched MLB 14 The Show on PS3 and PS Vita. We’re gratified by the positive feedback we’ve received for new features like Quick Counts and Player Lock, and we’re blown away by the creativity on display in the new Community Challenges mode.

We recognize there’s a great deal of anticipation to see the next generation of The Show finally debut, and we’re proud to announce that MLB 14 The Show is available today for PS4. Already picked up the PS3 and PS Vita versions? You can carry over all of your saved progress; we know of some folks who’ve already pored dozens of hours into their Road to the Show character, and we want to make sure that none of that progress gets lost.

/VIDEO/

As you may know, one of our other big save-related innovations this year involves the ability for your progress this year to carry over into next year and beyond. We know it’s not something you can test now, but we’re confident you’ll love it when 2015 rolls around.

We weren’t content to simply port over this year’s game to PS4; our talented team has invested a great deal of work into this next-gen debut. This includes completely rebuilding all 30 MLB stadiums from scratch; textures are four times as large and environment polygon counts have jumped from 150,000 to more than 1 million. We’ve made advancements in countless areas: players are more detailed, down to the hairs on their face; fully rendered grass adds vibrancy to our grand cathedrals; a revamped lighting engine simply stuns, especially during night games; fully redone HD crowd audio leverages the vast resources of PS4; and much, much more.

Our goal every year is to capture as closely as possible, the excitement that takes place on the real world field and to show why baseball is the best sport in the world. So, as we gear up for MLB 14 the Show on PS4, take a look at our “Anthem” for MLB 14 The Show, starring Danny McBride as he explains why Baseball is Better.

Thanks for supporting us this year. We hope you enjoy MLB 14 The Show for PS4.

Welcome to The Show!

PSN = Hatcher14
post #183 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Kind of a slap in the face to end a blog post with "Welcome to The Show" when folks can't download the game they bought.

This issue is just another reason why I'm hesitant to fully support digital releases (other then the fact that I'm cheap and use GF).

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #184 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 57
Received my disk about 30 minutes ago and......roster update.....

Ugh. Going....so....slow...

Salminella has become legend (or something like that):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #185 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

Kind of a slap in the face to end a blog post with "Welcome to The Show" when folks can't download the game they bought.

This issue is just another reason why I'm hesitant to fully support digital releases (other then the fact that I'm cheap and use GF).

Does your girlfriend have lots of games or lots of money or both? biggrin.gif
dbburns and freemeat like this.

PSN brakel

post #186 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

What really sucks is I decided to stay home from work today. So upset that I played BF4 with MPH and Neo this morning. Later I will play some Child of Light just to get over how upset I am from staying home.

I was going to do the same but at the last minute I changed my mind. Glad I did not wast a vaca day for nothing.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my modest theater -
post #187 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 418
I actually had all intentions on working today. My youngest woke up at 5:30 so I was up early tending to her. It was at around 7:30 or so when I decided I was just going to stay home. I was enjoying the recliner to much to get up.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #188 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally the download is out.

benjamin-benjami -
post #189 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

At least the whole day is not wasted. biggrin.gif

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #190 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I got to play one game while it was still downloading and when that game was done I loaded up my RTTS player and played one game, 1 AB, with my player.

WOW! Is all I have to say about the graphics. Out of the games I have played so far this gen this game takes the cake so far, at least in my eyes. Some scenes I dont think people would be able to tell the difference between and real and fake. The shots when the whole field is being shown from way above home plate. Those are the ones I am talking about.

About wanting more then the PS3 version, I am not sure what people want different aside from graphics. Its a sports game, they cant change the game. They can only make it look better. I know that sports game are essentially the same game each year with updated rosters and hopefully a graphics bump. So why not keep one and update your own rosters? Because players get better/worse and new players are coming in to the league. You cant add/change all of that.

Only 1 game in and I am very pleased with the game. But then again The Show hasn't disappointed me since I have started playing this series.

benjamin-benjami -
post #191 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up... Unfortunately starting the download from the mobile store didn't actually trigger the download on the PS4. Just started the download, hopefully I will be able to play tonight.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #192 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatcher View Post

Thanks for the heads up... Unfortunately starting the download from the mobile store didn't actually trigger the download on the PS4. Just started the download, hopefully I will be able to play tonight.

The good thing is you can start playing after downloading the first 5gbs. Nothing online though. I started a game when about 14gb was downloaded and by the time the game was done it was all done downloading.

benjamin-benjami -
post #193 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The good thing is you can start playing after downloading the first 5gbs. Nothing online though. I started a game when about 14gb was downloaded and by the time the game was done it was all done downloading.

Really? That's kind of surprising, especially with all the different stadiums, players and voice data,considering they don't know which stadium and team you would pick. What's in the other 30+GB if the game is playable with only 5?

Oh well, good to know thanks, this means I should be playing soon.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #194 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

I got to play one game while it was still downloading and when that game was done I loaded up my RTTS player and played one game, 1 AB, with my player.

WOW! Is all I have to say about the graphics. Out of the games I have played so far this gen this game takes the cake so far, at least in my eyes. Some scenes I dont think people would be able to tell the difference between and real and fake. The shots when the whole field is being shown from way above home plate. Those are the ones I am talking about.

About wanting more then the PS3 version, I am not sure what people want different aside from graphics. Its a sports game, they cant change the game. They can only make it look better. I know that sports game are essentially the same game each year with updated rosters and hopefully a graphics bump. So why not keep one and update your own rosters? Because players get better/worse and new players are coming in to the league. You cant add/change all of that.

Only 1 game in and I am very pleased with the game. But then again The Show hasn't disappointed me since I have started playing this series.

Well, since you put it that way...I suppose your right..wink.gif

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #195 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 113
No problems with a physical copy today including install and updates. Very quick.

Yes, I know (shocker) - I have something positive to say about this game for once. I am still trying to justify a PS4 investment just for this game as best I can.

Gameplay....TBD

I think we all need to actually plan for time off tomorrow.... its late!
post #196 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Well, since you put it that way...I suppose your right..wink.gif

I know this cool.gif

benjamin-benjami -
post #197 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 06:38 PM

Not getting the negatives from all over the net (positives still far outweigh the negatives). I think people had way too high of expectations and werent taking the comments cautioning the brief development time.

The graphics are nice. The game plays great like the show always has. Yes, there is a lot of room for improvement, mostly upgrading to true next gen player models and animations, and i fully expect this over the next year or two. In the meantime though, i am very happy. Barring some unforseen game killing bugs (which they have always been good about patching), they did a fine job.

Ps. Night games look INCREDIBLE
Chairman7w likes this.
post #198 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post

Not getting the negatives from all over the net (positives still far outweigh the negatives). I think people had way too high of expectations and werent taking the comments cautioning the brief development time.

The graphics are nice. The game plays great like the show always has. Yes, there is a lot of room for improvement, mostly upgrading to true next gen player models and animations, and i fully expect this over the next year or two. In the meantime though, i am very happy. Barring some unforseen game killing bugs (which they have always been good about patching), they did a fine job.

Ps. Night games look INCREDIBLE

Agree so far. Not exactly what I was expecting or hoping for, especially after the long delay, there is lots to be desired, but they did what they had to do for the huge PS3 user base. Got it, I will wait impatiently for the game that is overdue graphics wise for about 5 years now (not bitter at all for the ridiculous last gen life cycle) biggrin.gif
post #199 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

There is still a great amount of fun involved in playing this game along side the actual telecast of the real game of the home team, with the same line-up or pitchers at least, on a second screen and as time permits. Can't miss that. Great so far, one game in, controls simplified to avoid controller abuse.
post #200 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

There is still a great amount of fun involved in playing this game along side the actual telecast of the real game of the home team, with the same line-up or pitchers at least, on a second screen and as time permits. Can't miss that. Great so far, one game in, controls simplified to avoid controller abuse.

Yeah, it was pretty cool to play against the Astros with my Tigers, while watching the game on my ipad. Now only if I could hit like the real Tigers!

I'm really impressed with this game. It's my first Show and so far, so good.
tampabuc and Chairman7w like this.

Salminella has become legend (or something like that):
post #201 of 289 Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 PM

Its not truly next gen. Its a PS3 port with better graphics. Digging it so far still. But, I still think. What it could have looked and played like with next gen focus only. Maybe even skipping a year to truly make it epic.
post #202 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Can you create your own players, choose all their stats and place them on any team you want? I do that in PES 2013 soccer and enjoy it quite a bit.
post #203 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Just curious. What do people want to see, aside from visuals, to make this game next gen? What can it do that PS3 cant? Anything gameplay related both systems will handle. Its baseball not much is going on outside of the action. Whatever they do they can do for both systems. So the only real difference will be the graphics.

Maybe I am missing something on what people want.
rolltide1017 likes this.

benjamin-benjami -
post #204 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 07:57 AM

I think people were expecting to be "wowed" like when the first pics of PS4 Lebron were posted for 2K14. Really though, many of the faces on PS4 the Show are pretty damn good (some ugly ones too, 2K deals w the same thing). The ballparks, minus a few minor things, are stunning. The crew spent a lot of time on the ballparks, which are way bigger and more detailed than just having a blank slate for a basketball court and adding a skin to match each arena and doing a few things different w the crowd.

The leftover animation code and old body styles is I think what is getting everyone riled up. When you have PS4 faces and PS3.5 bodies it doesn't look right. A lot of the same animations that made me cringe last gen are still there. I fielded a grounder up the middle on a shift on Papi, and my shortstop looked nice fielding, but then he rotated his hips toward the plate and then threw across his body to get Papi out at first. Those are things that will be worked on in the next few years and why people are screaming "port." I think some of us can overlook the minor flaws and appreciate this game and look forward to future improvements, and others expect a well-polished diamond the first go round.

2K basketball has the same issues (old animations, body models were off, albeit not as bad as the show), but was oftentimes an unplayable game, with stripped down modes, players clipping through players, poor AI, a 3rd quater CPU comeback code that was almost completely unavoidable.
post #205 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Yeah, it's clearly a PS3/PS4 hybrid, but still he greatest baseball game in the history of this planet (it can be both).

It just makes me crazy with anticipation over what's in store for future versions.

To answer your question emartins (what do we want to see): Well - I don't know. That's THEIR job. They're the creative, cool-thinkers that come up with that neat stuff. I'll leave it up to them. But I DID think it would be cool to have a ball cam that it would immediately switch to during some No-Doubt HRs, that would focus on the ball, rotating around ahead of it, showing the batter in the background as he drops the bat and heads down the basepaths. Then the camera would pull away to a more traditional slot. There's really no limit tot he cool camera angles it could switch to during pre-determined results (no doubt HRs, tags at the plate, etc)

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #206 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

I read what you are saying and I agree. But on the other side I think these are all things that PS3 can have as well. This is why I mention aside from visuals the game will be identical to both systems. I just think no matter how pretty they make the game look, I will still read that its a PS3 port.

I could be wrong and I hope I am and that they make this game more mind blowing greater than it already is.

Other sports games like football and hockey, there is action aside from the ball. Not just players moving to a base or covering a player. But actual interaction with other players. This is where I can see this gen having more to the game than last gen. But baseball, just make it look real pretty and dont mess with the gameplay. They could fix some of the animations though.

Part of me still thinks this game was ready last month and they delayed it for the small % of people that would buy this game on the PS3 and then upgrade to the PS4.

I tried to remote play a game on the Vita and it looks so much better than the actual Vita version. But, always a but, the small amount of lag sucks. I switched over this year to using the right stick for batting/pitching, which I love, but for me to make contact with the ball I had to start swinging right when the pitcher lets it go since I am behind that split second. I am going to try again with using the buttons to swing and see if that helps any. The visuals are far better using remote play but if I cant hit a ball then I will just stick with the Vita version for when I am not home.

My main gripe right now is this game should auto save your RTTS to the cloud. I am not talking about the game save that PSN does. Manually going into the upload option sucks and if I forget then I will have to replay a game or 2 on the other device. Ill bring this up on twitter to them and see what they say.

benjamin-benjami -
post #207 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
10295937_10152796049083696_6363480622863063733_o.jpg

10285826_10152796049413696_8517955346537549174_o.jpg

10259029_10152796049848696_239779596064935957_o.jpg

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #208 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild View Post

Its not truly next gen. Its a PS3 port with better graphics. Digging it so far still. But, I still think. What it could have looked and played like with next gen focus only. Maybe even skipping a year to truly make it epic.

Same thing can be said about COD, BF, AC IV and the countless other games that have been released on next gen so far, some of those games have been highly praised (like AC IV). The Tomb Raider Remaster was almost universally praised and it was basically just a fresh coat of paint, so why is it such a negative thing for The Show. If they had branded it a "remaster" would people not be complaining so much? Some one, please name one game that you've played on a PS4 or Xbox One that is all "next gen". Can't be Killzone, that was just a typical fps with prettier graphics and according to The Show critics, that's not next gen. Can't be Knack, nothing real special or next gen about that game, besides pretty graphics. Can't be TitanFall, you can play that on a 360; the Xbox One version looks prettier but, again, The Show critics say that's not next gen. What about Infamous: Second Son, a great game but was there anything truly "next gen" about it other then prettier graphics?

I'm sure more innovation, better animations and stuff like that are coming in the years to follow but, that is true about all next gen games. With how good both consoles are selling, I expect the focus to shift to next gen more quickly this time around and last gen will soon be a distant memory.
emartins likes this.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #209 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Really? That's kind of surprising, especially with all the different stadiums, players and voice data,considering they don't know which stadium and team you would pick. What's in the other 30+GB if the game is playable with only 5?

Oh well, good to know thanks, this means I should be playing soon.

A follow up to this, the game is not actually playable at 5GB, all that I was able to do at this point was click through some menus. At ~16GB downloaded, three teams rosters and three stadiums were ready to go, while the rest of the teams were at 80-95% of the rosters downloaded and very slowly increasing, probably because the downloading of the stadiums started... so first game I was stuck with being the Red Sox, but at least I got to play at Fenway.

This is the first show I have played since 08 or 09, and yes some of the same animations are still around and I did see some graphical errors, but in the two games I got to play last night I had a lot of fun... and in the end it looks great too.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #210 of 289 Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A follow up to this, the game is not actually playable at 5GB, all that I was able to do at this point was click through some menus. At ~16GB downloaded, three teams rosters and three stadiums were ready to go, while the rest of the teams were at 80-95% of the rosters downloaded and very slowly increasing, probably because the downloading of the stadiums started... so first game I was stuck with being the Red Sox, but at least I got to play at Fenway.

This is the first show I have played since 08 or 09, and yes some of the same animations are still around and I did see some graphical errors, but in the two games I got to play last night I had a lot of fun... and in the end it looks great too.

Makes sense. I started to play around the 14gb mark and since I root for the Sox, I just played a game with the first teams shown. Sox vs Cards. I didnt even check to see if other teams were unlocked.

benjamin-benjami -
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Ps3 Mlb 13 The Show

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page