Trine 2 (supports 3D) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-17-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I hear they released Trine 2 in 3D despite the PS4 FAQ saying there were no 3d titles at launch. The reactions are great which is no surprise. Trine 2 is considered to have extremely impressive 3D, even for a PC 3D game. Apparently there is a free demo.

Here are some reactions.
http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1qt0pv/tribe_2_looks_absolutely_jaw_dropping_on_the_ps4/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 51
The Reddit comments says "a little window pops up and says a 3D display was detected". I don't get this on my TV and the 3D option is greyed out in the settings?!

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest:
post #3 of 9 Old 11-17-2013, 10:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Repost of this thread.

~~~

Well, to be fair Trine 2 is a late launch announcement so I guess the official list hadn't been updated in time.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #4 of 9 Old 11-20-2013, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I just played the demo of this (in 3D!) and really enjoyed it. I didn't even try it on the 360 and now I'm glad I didn't because I'll get to experience it in 1080p and 3D. The demo was gorgeous and the 3D was some of the best I've seen in a video game. The game itself reminds me of the original Oddworld games, which I love so, I'm about 98% sure that I'll be using some of my store credit to purchase this game.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #5 of 9 Old 11-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Liked: 12
Just got Trine 2 on PS4 and the 3D update downloaded automatically. I have a Vizio 55" M1A2 passive 3DTV and all I have to say is WOW, absolutely stunning in 3D. I really wish folks that don't believe in 3D could sit and play this game. I truly believe it would turn them into 3D fans. Some games don't seem to work that well for 3D and I don't know if it's because of the way the 3D is rendered or it's just not a good game for 3D but Trine 2 seems like it was made for it. I think side scrollers benefit more than other genres. I hope 3D stays because it's just so much more immersive than regular 2D. I was expecting it to be cool, but I was really not prepared for how gorgeous it is. Amazing!
post #6 of 9 Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I DL'd and played thru the demo on my PS4 a couple of days ago. When you max out the depth setting the Trine appears to float out of the TV and the particles it emits seem to come out into the room; the 3D effect is really that strong. The gameplay felt a bit stiff at times however and $20 seems a bit high. I'll wait a bit to see if it drops but I'll definitely pick it up at some point.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Are there sliders letting you adjust the 3D convergence and depth? I would think sitting close to the screen and having it go into the TV would look much better, but that is the only way i've experienced it.

post #8 of 9 Old 11-25-2013, 11:24 AM

Liked: 832
Looks like they threw in 3D support after their first build surpassed their performance expectations on PS4.

http://gamingbolt.com/trine-2-dev-caught-surprised-when-initial-ps4-build-itself-was-running-at-1080p60fps
Quote:
GamingBolt had a chance to speak to Frozenbyte marketing manager Kai Tuovinen about the game, including how easy or hard it was to implement a 1080p resolution and 60 FPS frame rate using the PS4. “The PS4 is a very powerful machine and we noticed this right away when we first got our hands on the device. We were very surprised when pretty much the first version of our game running on PS4 was working with 60fps at 1080p. As a result, we also decided to test how the 3D would work and were very happy to see it on a console for the first time, as glorious as ever!”

We also asked if overall development on the PS4 was easier due to its PC-like architecture and what advantages that release would hold over the PC version.

“Developing for the PS4 was very straightforward for us, and the PC-like architecture certainly helps. We had no major hurdles in development and we have been very pleased with the PS4, both in terms of architecture as well as power.

“In terms of advantages over the PC version, I think some people prefer playing their games on a controller as opposed to a keyboard and mouse – and the PS4′s new controller has been a very good fit for Trine 2: Complete Story. The addition of the touch pad has given players the ability to use it in various ways – for example when playing with the Wizard, players can use it to manipulate objects and draw boxes or planks. It works very intuitively and I think adds to the experience.”
post #9 of 9 Old 12-16-2013, 05:54 AM

Liked: 18
Theres a slider that allow you to adjust convergence and on max setting the depth is very stunning.

So far ive tried it on my 3D TV cant wait to try it on my HMZ.

The game is 720p in 3D. You can tell as when you are in the game and press the ps button to see the control panel its low res looking.

Even in lower res its one of the best 3D gaming experiences i have had. In the same league as Super stardust and uncharted 3 for depth and pop. You really feel like you are inside a tony world. Its breath taking at times.

The resolution of the textures seem to be higher than on ps3 3D games. The biggest advantage is the frame rate. It appears to keep a perfect 60fps in 3D! Something which the ps3 3D games could not achieve often.

The difference between 2D and 3D is so big, i hope this is one of the games that will convert more fans to the value of 3D for games. I remembered playing trine 1 in 2D and thinking it was amazing, but once you try this one in 3D, 2D just looks plain wrong.

Welldone to the devs for putting the effort to push gaming. technology forward, thank you.

Sony, please encourage more games to support 3D, the ps4 is such a great machine.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page