PS4 MISSING FEATURES AREA - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 146 Old 01-22-2014, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 24
My son was playing skylanders on ps4 and out of nowhere the portal stopped working. It's worked fine until now and so has both usb ports on ps4. Is it more likely the portal or usb ports on ps4? I was able to charge ny controller so I don't think it's the PS4. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 146 Old 01-22-2014, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post

My son was playing skylanders on ps4 and out of nowhere the portal stopped working. It's worked fine until now and so has both usb ports on ps4. Is it more likely the portal or usb ports on ps4? I was able to charge ny controller so I don't think it's the PS4. Any suggestions?

Is it a powered hub? if so I would gamble that the powersupply isn't working
post #93 of 146 Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zBuff View Post

Is it a powered hub? if so I would gamble that the powersupply isn't working

Has to stay connected to PS4. I just checked on playstation forum and there are a few people who have the same problem but no solution.
post #94 of 146 Old 01-23-2014, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Please add regular updates to the missing features wink.gif
post #95 of 146 Old 01-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Haven't followed this thread from the beginning, so hopefully this hasn't been said already.

At night, I use my PS3/PS4 internet browser for all my gaming news updates, some AVS Forum perusing, Amazon viewing, etc. The PS3 browser while not fully compatible with a lot of sites, is still pretty responsive, with a good internet connection.

The PS4 on the other hand while being fully compatible with more sites, seems to be sluggiish in switching pages/websites. It will load a site/page pretty quick, but it's like there is some delay before it even makes the attempt. While it is not a loooong delay, it is significant enough to make you wonder if it is working or not. Hope that makes sense. Also, it only has like 3 defined zoom magnifications, rather than being able to zoom in/out with the L2/R2 buttons. Lastly, when trying to scroll down a page, it seems very uncontrollable. It's like the sensitivity level between the control stick and the scrolling is set a bit too high.

Has anyone else noticed any of those issues? Is any of that adjustable? If not, that's the request is to fine tune the browser a bit more, to be more responsive and controllable.
post #96 of 146 Old 01-24-2014, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I use the browser quite a bit too and would agree on all points. I still get the out of memory notice at a couple sites making them unusable, and the fact that you can't utilize the touchpad is just crazy.
post #97 of 146 Old 01-24-2014, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

Please add regular updates to the missing features wink.gif

As the original Poster I wanted this post to be a group effort, we can all add remove items... Just pick the last list double check the missing features then copy and paste any new verifies ones or ones that get removed ....its up to all of us i am not going to police it... :-)
post #98 of 146 Old 01-24-2014, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

As of 1-24-14

[*] NO EXTERNAL DRIVE SUPPORT
[*] NO MORE ONLINE FREE PLAY
[*] 3D Bluray
[*] CD playback
[*] Local audio/video file playback (USB/internal)
[*] Network audio/video playback (DLNA)
[*] Full backup of system to external HDD
[*] Bluetooth headset
[*] Pulse elite headset
[*] BT remote
[*] USB IR receiver support
[*] HID KB / M support
[*] Custom Themes
[*] Friends last sign on date
[*] Ability to set away status
[*] Ability to set quick message
[*] Ability to pause downloads
[*] YouTube
[*] Vita content download/transfer/backup
[*] Play PS 1/2/3/Minis Games
[*] Inability to mass delete notifications
post #99 of 146 Old 01-24-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 244
I don't think "no more online free play" can remotely even be called a missing feature.
kjr39 and moepoker like this.

"The Scuba Tank" thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #100 of 146 Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Just came across another "item" that would work on the PS3 that is not available on the PS4.
On the PS3 JFlash player would work for streaming video, this same plug in is not supported for the PS4.

Comm'n SONY!!! -- this is supposed to be a "state of the art" console. The PS3 does more than the NEW PS4. Once again, very disappointment.

EDIT: After doing a little more reading I realized that the plug in is used for YouTube too. I thought that YouTube had changed from Flash to a more Web standards. That shows you how much I watch YouTube. For those wondering what else would be using JFlash. Our church streams services through the web and the streaming service uses, you guessed it -- JFlash player.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #101 of 146 Old 01-27-2014, 02:36 PM

Liked: 10

I called Playstation customer service yesterday to ask about when PS4 was going to support 3D blu rays and the rep said they have no idea. I also stated the lack of 3D blu ray support is a big reason why I haven't purchased the PS4 yet. She just stuttered a bit and said sorry.

post #102 of 146 Old 01-28-2014, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

She should have said "Sorry SONY stocks are now classified as "Junk" stock status... just read it on CNN. eek.gif
post #103 of 146 Old 01-28-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revunit001 View Post

I called Playstation customer service yesterday to ask about when PS4 was going to support 3D blu rays and the rep said they have no idea. I also stated the lack of 3D blu ray support is a big reason why I haven't purchased the PS4 yet. She just stuttered a bit and said sorry.

Plenty of 3D Blu-Ray Players out that are cheaper than the PS4. Most CSRs don't know much so I'm not surprised by their answers.
tdogroeder likes this.
post #104 of 146 Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 215
When I got our PS4 I was expecting it to be comparable or better than the PS3. Some of the functions the PS3 did besides a game console was play 3D Blu-Rays. I have a DirecTv receiver, two Sony 400 Blu-ray discs players, a VCR/DVD player, an Argosy streamer box, a 5 disc cd player, an Ipod dock and a PS4 connected to my tv via a receiver, I guess I could add a bluray 3D player -- but that's beside the point, the PS4 is supposed to be superior to the PS3. mad.gif

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #105 of 146 Old 01-28-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am sure this has been covered. I do not feel like reading through the whole thread:

1. More streaming services. I am sure they will be added in time. REALLY MISSING MLB.TV. I LOVE the UI on my PS3 for this app. BEST GOING BY FAR IMHO. This is the main reason I kept my PS3, and will wait at least 1-2 yrs before buying a PS4. I am sure they will add it. And "maybe" an NFL streaming app in 1-2 years. I know they have an exclusive deal with Microsoft right now, but the current offerings are a JOKE IMHO. What a waste. Still no deal for NFLSUNDAYTICKET after this season(2014 is DirecTV last season of deal). Strange no talk has been uncovered yet. Here's to hoping for apps/cable/all providers getting it(doubt it smile.gif )

2. The ability to play Blu-Ray/DVD/CD/ whatever the hell I throw at it. Again, this will be fixed in time. But I am patient. Not a HEAVY GAMER like most here.
post #106 of 146 Old 01-28-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I seemed to recall Sony saying they would have a solution for the Pulse headset in January.
Lo and behold, there is a rumor that a new Sony PS4 headset will be released.
I wonder if their solution is to make you buy another headset?
post #107 of 146 Old 01-28-2014, 07:05 PM

Like Blk mentioned I'd like a notification when friends sign in. Not sure why they'd leave that out (at least as an option).
post #108 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I don't understand why people want/like 3d so much or the need for ps4 to support 3d playback since you can get a player for much cheaper and IMO 3d is so overrated. I have used mine ONCE, don't care for it so i don't have a need for it and besides when I got a new tv mine didn't have 3d support and I didn't care either.

Jesus Christ is the Way, The Truth, and The Life, He is the only Way to God!

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

Ascend Sierra-2s(LCR), RSS300, Polk R15

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #109 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

I seemed to recall Sony saying they would have a solution for the Pulse headset in January.
Lo and behold, there is a rumor that a new Sony PS4 headset will be released.
I wonder if their solution is to make you buy another headset?

Lo and behold no, my original PS3 wireless (non-Pulse elite) headset now works great.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #110 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogroeder View Post

I don't understand why people want/like 3d so much or the need for ps4 to support 3d playback since you can get a player for much cheaper and IMO 3d is so overrated. I have used mine ONCE, don't care for it so i don't have a need for it and besides when I got a new tv mine didn't have 3d support and I didn't care either.

You are missing the point. If I am dumping $399 for a PS4, it damn well better do $150 MORE than my current PS3 which can be had for as low as $249. Yes, I know Sony wanted to "step away" from the PS4 being a 'media' device, and move more towards it being a "gamer" device, but that is the wrong strategy. The days of people buying consoles just for gaming is over IMO. We are used to integration. So to just push the PS4 as a "wowzerssss gamessss come to live" and nothing else is a big mistake. The PS3 was successful because it was adopted by the MASSES, not just gamers. Count ME as one of them. I bought it mainly for the Bluray capabilities and for what it could do (play my CD's! Stream my music from my computer! Stream my photos to see on the TV! All it needed was a tv tuner and it would have been the main piece next to my amplifier). And Guess what? When the $500 "Fat" PS3 came out, I scraped all my money together to buy one. Then I bought another PS3 Slim, at $300. I would rather Sony priced the PS4 at $500 and give us everything rather than charge me $400 just for 'better graphics' and $50 on top a year to play online.

At this point, we don't even know if the PS4 can do 4K...do we....? Fail.

Yes, I know the PS3 was never a money maker. But Price the PS4 at $500, heck even $600 and tout all the features then and keep the $50 and I would have bitten, and who knows... they would have actually started to make some money....cause I would have bought one!

But to expect me to pay $400 and then still shell out another bill for a 3d bluray player is crazy!
post #111 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapoHT View Post

You are missing the point. If I am dumping $399 for a PS4, it damn well better do $150 MORE than my current PS3 which can be had for as low as $249. Yes, I know Sony wanted to "step away" from the PS4 being a 'media' device, and move more towards it being a "gamer" device, but that is the wrong strategy. The days of people buying consoles just for gaming is over IMO. We are used to integration. So to just push the PS4 as a "wowzerssss gamessss come to live" and nothing else is a big mistake. The PS3 was successful because it was adopted by the MASSES, not just gamers. Count ME as one of them. I bought it mainly for the Bluray capabilities and for what it could do (play my CD's! Stream my music from my computer! Stream my photos to see on the TV! All it needed was a tv tuner and it would have been the main piece next to my amplifier). And Guess what? When the $500 "Fat" PS3 came out, I scraped all my money together to buy one. Then I bought another PS3 Slim, at $300. I would rather Sony priced the PS4 at $500 and give us everything rather than charge me $400 just for 'better graphics' and $50 on top a year to play online.

At this point, we don't even know if the PS4 can do 4K...do we....? Fail.

Yes, I know the PS3 was never a money maker. But Price the PS4 at $500, heck even $600 and tout all the features then and keep the $50 and I would have bitten, and who knows... they would have actually started to make some money....cause I would have bought one!

But to expect me to pay $400 and then still shell out another bill for a 3d bluray player is crazy!

I don't need 4k yet, my tv doesn't even do that as far as I know and it's way to early to invest in it since there isn't much content for it, maybe in 3 years or more. I wont be investing in it anytime soon, I'm content with 1080P, heck i just wish all cable and games were up to that.

i have a 3d player that came with my last tv and only used it once, i never used ps3 for 3d and it is so over rated to me i wished it would die.

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #112 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Sony wants us to buy his Music Unlimited service, at least for me that´s not going to happen rolleyes.gif
post #113 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

I don't need 4k yet, my tv doesn't even do that as far as I know and it's way to early to invest in it since there isn't much content for it, maybe in 3 years or more. I wont be investing in it anytime soon, I'm content with 1080P, heck i just wish all cable and games were up to that.

i have a 3d player that came with my last tv and only used it once, i never used ps3 for 3d and it is so over rated to me i wished it would die.

I think 3D is underrated, so I cancel you out. I have 3D on PS3 and another blu-ray player but I want the PS4 to be my main entertainment device since it run faster and has a better wifi connection than those other devices. Why should we have to use different machines? Don't you enjoy having a freezer within your refrigerator? I personally like having a refrigerator and freezer combined for convenience and saving room. Same with entertainment machines. More features are great, even if you don't use them.

PSN: PrankT

post #114 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I think 3D is underrated, so I cancel you out. I have 3D on PS3 and another blu-ray player but I want the PS4 to be my main entertainment device since it run faster and has a better wifi connection than those other devices. Why should we have to use different machines? Don't you enjoy having a freezer within your refrigerator? I personally like having a refrigerator and freezer combined for convenience and saving room. Same with entertainment machines. More features are great, even if you don't use them.

I disagree, so you are canceled out now! IMO LOL

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #115 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

You prefer to remove features that you don't use and don't take into consideration those that enjoy them. Got it.

post #116 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You prefer to remove features that you don't use and don't take into consideration those that enjoy them. Got it.

If you can afford a $400 ps4 and some have said they would pay more to have features such as 3d then certainly you all can afford a $100 3d wifi blu ray player and not put as much wear and tear on the ps4.

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #117 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Spending more money on a separate device is not economical and doesn't save space. Should we remove Netflix and Amazon Prime or any other streaming feature because our TVs and other blu-ray players can do them? Should we remove the ability to watch blu-ray movies and only allow for it to play video games? No. The fact is the PS4 should do it. Arguments against it are fairly ridiculous.

post #118 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Spending more money on a separate device is not economical and doesn't save space. Should we remove Netflix and Amazon Prime or any other streaming feature because our TVs and other blu-ray players can do them? Should we remove the ability to watch blu-ray movies and only allow for it to play video games? No. The fact is the PS4 should do it. Arguments against it are fairly ridiculous.

I still don't agree and I have separates and I like it that way and wouldn't change it. You are ridiculous to say that my argument against it is ridiculous and your opinion. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

post #119 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I still don't agree and I have separates and I like it that way and wouldn't change it. You are ridiculous to say that my argument against it is ridiculous and your opinion. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
I value your opinion, but you haven't presented an argument to support it other than you prefer 3D to be provided on a separate device. Why would providing 3D on the PS4 negatively affect you in any way?

post #120 of 146 Old 02-19-2014, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I value your opinion, but you haven't presented an argument to support it other than you prefer 3D to be provided on a separate device. Why would providing 3D on the PS4 negatively affect you in any way?

I didn't say it would be a negative thing for me or anyone who doesn't care for it or want it, in fact it would not be negative at all but good for those who do want it. My point was coming from the camp of those who have a separate 3d player or don't want it what's the big deal with it.

Yamaha RXV765

Emotiva LPA-1

SVS PB12 plus

Panasonic S65

Sony S5100

PS4, PS3, XBOX 360

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Console

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version