Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #151 of 154 Old 10-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm firmly in the camp that the PS4 should have been able to do everything the PS3 does, and then some.

When it was announced, prior to the release of the PS4, that the it wasn't going to be able to play CDs, I was actually in disbelief. I thought it was some type of translation error. I mean WTF!

Where's Home?

At this point, I'm waiting to see what Sony does with Project Morpheus. Oculus Rift has been getting a lot of positive press recently. If Sony can't match what Oculus does, or drags their feet, I'm moving 100% to computer gaming and never looking back.
dukedallas2005 and Leo_Ames like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 154 Old 10-05-2014, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
I'm firmly in the camp that the PS4 should have been able to do everything the PS3 does, and then some.

When it was announced, prior to the release of the PS4, that the it wasn't going to be able to play CDs, I was actually in disbelief. I thought it was some type of translation error. I mean WTF!

Where's Home?

At this point, I'm waiting to see what Sony does with Project Morpheus. Oculus Rift has been getting a lot of positive press recently. If Sony can't match what Oculus does, or drags their feet, I'm moving 100% to computer gaming and never looking back.
Home is going away;http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...n-home-on-ps3/
post #153 of 154 Old 10-06-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 111
No CD/MP3 playback is just inexcusable. There was no and I mean absolutely NO reason for them to omit it other than trying to push their crappy music service on everybody. I was planning to keep my PS3 hooked up for a while because there are still games coming out that i want to get, but now it's going to be more of a music player until I score an Oppo BD player or something (which I was hoping I wasn't going to have to do)
Flight level likes this.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #154 of 154 Old 10-06-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

Where's Home?

There's no way Sony can match oculus. It's been in the hands of devs for years. Morpheus is still vapor and no one has their hands on it, but there are hundreds of working oculus games and tech demos. The best case scenario for Morpheus is a one or two Morpheus only games, a few first party games with shoehorned in support, and some oculus hand me downs 6 months after people are tired of them on PC. It's another "me too" accessory like the PS move that will go absolutely nowhere.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Console

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page