Killzone worth it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey guys, I finally got my ps4 2 days ago, great device but I didnt buy any games for it, what game should I buy?i already got the big name games for the xbox one , I want to buy an exclusive title for the ps4, is Killzone a good pick? It's either that or knack but I read that knack for really bad reviews?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I'm with you.
I bought the Xbox One on launch but kept missing out on the PS4.
I was always going to get both eventually so I'm no fanboy of either.
The Xbox One had games I wanted.
Most of them were available on both systems, since I got the Xbox, I got them on there (Madden, NFS, ACIV).
Now that i have the PS4 on order (on a UPS truck now), I can't think of a game I want.
(of course I am an idiot for wanting a console with no games I want when I could have easily waited).
Anyway, via tips on this forum, I traded my ACIV to Gamespot for $40, I then bought the PS3 digital version and will upgrade to PS4 when it comes.

Back to your topic, Killzone is really the only option but I am waiting. It has discount written all over it,
Knack looks like a $50 tech demo.
post #3 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah I wouldn't pay 60 for kill zone really either, my friend wants to sell it to me for 35 so that's why I'm considering it.. I was going to wait for some game to come out as well but I think for 35 it's a good deal? And knack got some mediocre reviews all around such as on ign etc so I think it's not worth it either..

Add me on psn by the way, my gamertag is thr336m4fya
post #4 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I'll add you.
My PSN is Zimmy68 (I think).

For $35, I think it would be worth it.
The game is like 50gigs, it would be worth it to see how all that looks! wink.gif

I'm trying to go the digital only route, hopefully they will have sales on that.

I could have gotten ACIV PS3 at Costco for $33 but chose to pay $39 at Amazon so I can get both platform versions digitally.
post #5 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

Yeah I wouldn't pay 60 for kill zone really either, my friend wants to sell it to me for 35 so that's why I'm considering it.. I was going to wait for some game to come out as well but I think for 35 it's a good deal? And knack got some mediocre reviews all around such as on ign etc so I think it's not worth it either..

Add me on psn by the way, my gamertag is thr336m4fya

Most Knack reviews are rather bad and unjust. The majority of complaints seem to come from people who don't enjoy platformers and were expecting the game to somehow revolutionize the next gen, even though Mark Cerney CLEARLY said the title is a "2nd title purchase". The game is surprisingly good and challenging. Worth a play through even if it is a rental. As for Killzone yes you should buy regardless of the price (unless you dislike shooters). The visuals are great and the gameplay is diverse from other current shooters. The story wont leaving you feeling emotionally attached or anything. Multiplayer is pretty enjoyable and I would say fast paced. @ $35 I wouldn't pass it up. If you are unsure all around, next weekend you can demo the MP for free (download currently available in the PSN).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

I'll add you.
My PSN is Zimmy68 (I think).

For $35, I think it would be worth it.
The game is like 50gigs, it would be worth it to see how all that looks! wink.gif

So far PS4 installs have been well under their advertised size. Believe KZ is actually at or under 40GB. Still looks amazing.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #6 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Liked: 832
Killzone has a free MP weekend this next weekend, and you can pre-load it now. Maybe check it out first?

I'd say the MP is worth it for $35 alone; in additional all competitive MP DLC released will be added for free as well (except for any "COOP DLC").

Personally I liked the story and thought reviews were overly harsh in most of their complaints, especially stacked up against other AA/AAA FPS's (They're docking KZ for it's SP while giving BF and COD pretty weak campaigns a slide). It's NOT a GOTY game, but it's got a very serviceable, but forgettable, SP. MP is very solid for those looking for a different sort of MP shooter than COD or BF offer (much more focus on accuracy in the shooting, and teamplay for the scoring).

Should be a KZ thread around here to page through for some deeper thoughts.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Ryse looks like a tech demo as well. Knack while nothing special. It was entertaining and decent. Much better then I expected from the bad reviews it was getting. Unjustified imo. Any ways to the OP. KZ is good stuff. MP is nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

I'm with you.
I bought the Xbox One on launch but kept missing out on the PS4.
I was always going to get both eventually so I'm no fanboy of either.
The Xbox One had games I wanted.
Most of them were available on both systems, since I got the Xbox, I got them on there (Madden, NFS, ACIV).
Now that i have the PS4 on order (on a UPS truck now), I can't think of a game I want.
(of course I am an idiot for wanting a console with no games I want when I could have easily waited).
Anyway, via tips on this forum, I traded my ACIV to Gamespot for $40, I then bought the PS3 digital version and will upgrade to PS4 when it comes.

Back to your topic, Killzone is really the only option but I am waiting. It has discount written all over it,
Knack looks like a $50 tech demo.
post #8 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the info guys, I did buy kill zone just now from my friend, will get to play it sometime tommorow and I'll post how I like it.. I think for 35 it's a good deal.. Probably the best game to get for ps4 right now anyway till the exclusives start coming out
post #9 of 17 Old 12-18-2013, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 169
The first 4 levels are great, but after that it is so ply a chore to finish the game. It's a looker, but game play wise it's not very good. Not a bad deal for $35, but I kind of regret not waiting for a sale. It's easily the least played of all the launch titles I picked up.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #10 of 17 Old 12-19-2013, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

The first 4 levels are great, but after that it is so ply a chore to finish the game. It's a looker, but game play wise it's not very good. Not a bad deal for $35, but I kind of regret not waiting for a sale. It's easily the least played of all the launch titles I picked up.

Agreed. Just started level 7. I was loving it through level 4. The hostage scenario was cool
If not too short. After level 4 the game took a huge nose dive in fun factor for me as well. Going to play though it and trade ir sell it. Fun levels to short, crappy levels too long.

I'm not sure how far I am but still a chance it gets better.
post #11 of 17 Old 12-19-2013, 10:05 AM

7, 8, 9 is one huge adventure, and I loved it. I wasn't a big fan of the stealth levels (6?) but did like the big last battle in that one.
post #12 of 17 Old 12-24-2013, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I downloaded the killzone demo from the store yesterday, but when i went to play it, it said that game is currently unavailable. Was the demo a limited time offer I missed out on?
post #13 of 17 Old 12-24-2013, 04:12 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

I downloaded the killzone demo from the store yesterday, but when i went to play it, it said that game is currently unavailable. Was the demo a limited time offer I missed out on?

I'm showing multiplayer demo only which allowed me to play. The single player demo is TBA. I have the 30 day PSN + free trial and that appears to unlock the multiplayer demo as well.
post #14 of 17 Old 12-24-2013, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Is that a different download from the original download? When i select multiplayer from the demo, it tells me the same.
post #15 of 17 Old 12-24-2013, 04:52 PM

MP Demo goes live this weekend, no SP yet (TBA). It's up on the store so people can get ready and download all those gigs.
post #16 of 17 Old 12-24-2013, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh, ok. Thanks
post #17 of 17 Old 12-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

Is that a different download from the original download? When i select multiplayer from the demo, it tells me the same.

The option to download multiplayer came up today after I redeemed the 30 day free trial. I just checked again and the option is no longer there probably because I already downloaded it.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page