Folks with both new consoles: Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-23-2013, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Have you played any of the same games on both systems? My ps4 comes in tomorrow and I wanted a couple games. Is it worth it getting bf4 or are the graphics not that much better? I'm currently level 42 on the xbone and would be playing both versions if I got it for the ps4 due to having friends on both systems. I also was looking at assassins creed because I understand it's 900p vs 1080p. I reckon Killzone is a definite showcase game but I don't know what else to get lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-23-2013, 08:47 AM

Liked: 44
I have both consoles but don't have a game for both (i.e., Battlefield and Ghosts on Xbox One and Killzone on the PS4). From what I've read the PS4 versions are technically better when looking at animated gifs and such on the internet, however, those differences aren't really apparent when actually playing the game. I will say that Killzone looks stunning and quite a bit better than Ghosts or BF4 on my Xbox One. However, I think it's because Killzone was a game specifically designed for the PS4, just like Ryse was specifically designed for the XBox One. If I were you I would instead spend my money on other games which you don't have yet vs. spending $60 to see only a potential minor improvement.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 166
A friend of mine brought his XBOX One over to my house a few days ago. I currently only have a PS4 but both he and I wanted to do some comparisons between consoles. I had both consoles hooked up to the same HDMI switch, so both were on the same calibrated input. I also set up both consoles similarly (output resolution, color space, etc.). The following is what I took from the very unscientific tests (and all should only be taken as opinion, not fact):

Call of Duty Ghosts: looked fine on the XBOX One until I switched the PS4 version. By comparison, the XBOX One version looked lower resolution with more jaggies, with the XBOX One's upscaled sharpening method making it look worse than it should. Textures also looked muddy in comparison.

Battlefield 4: looked identical on both platforms, though certain areas on the PS4 had slightly more natural lighting. For reference, I noted that the XBOX One version seemed to have a slightly more contrasty look. Not a deal breaker.

Assassin's Creed IV: PS4 definitely won here. Very little jaggies and everything appeared sharp and crisp, while on the XBOX One there were jaggies aplenty and there was a slight blur to everything.

Those were all we compared, but spent a good hour on each game. Again, that's all my opinion, but
SubaruB4, Nayan and freemeat like this.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #4 of 4 Old 12-23-2013, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Thanks for the insight brad! And Scott makes good points. .. Think I'll go KZ at least for now...
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page