PlayStation Now streams PlayStation games to PS4, Vita, PS3, tablets and smartphones - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #121 of 134 Old 06-23-2014, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Yes you can, it is the same check out procedure as the PSN Store.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 134 Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
Sony's lost me as a beta tester, I'm not paying real money for a beta.

The prices are not that bad and I'd love to see something like this come to all games in the PSN Store. It would be great to have the option to rent or buy the digital version of games like Watch Dogs or The Show and I think it would entice many people to move from disc to digital. If I could rent the digital version of games for around $15 for 30 days, I'd be tempted to drop GameFly.

The problem I have with them implementing the pricing now is because a beta is meant to test the software for bugs, not to start turning a profit from testers. Money is already really tight for my family so, I wouldn't be able to afford to test many games. Sony has essentially priced me out of the beta but, even if I could afford to rent many games, I have no interest in paying for a beta... ever.
Crappy games and/or crappy prices.(3 month rental same price as paying for the full game, no thanks).. This will fail miserably if it stands the way it is.
post #123 of 134 Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 60
What I'm most interested in is how and when / if this will allow us PS4 users to play PS3 games on the PS4 and if there will be a cost associated with that. I'm hoping it will be free with PS+ membership.
post #124 of 134 Old 06-23-2014, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post
What I'm most interested in is how and when / if this will allow us PS4 users to play PS3 games on the PS4 and if there will be a cost associated with that. I'm hoping it will be free with PS+ membership.
There are PS3 games available to play on the PS4 with this service. Some free, some are for a fee. I don't know if they'll have any relation to PS+ in the future.
post #125 of 134 Old 06-23-2014, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
There are PS3 games available to play on the PS4 with this service. Some free, some are for a fee. I don't know if they'll have any relation to PS+ in the future.

I'm talking about backwards compatibility which is what most people thought of when PS Now was announced. For instance, I have the PS3 versions of BF4 and COD Ghosts but I paid $10 to upgrade to the PS4 versions, but I have to have my PS3 disc in my PS4 while playing. So the code and checks are there for the PS4 to read a PS3 disc enough to validate that you own a physical copy. It would make a lot of sense to tie that into PS Now so we can play our PS3 discs on the PS4 (even though it would be streaming).
post #126 of 134 Old 06-23-2014, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post
I'm talking about backwards compatibility which is what most people thought of when PS Now was announced. For instance, I have the PS3 versions of BF4 and COD Ghosts but I paid $10 to upgrade to the PS4 versions, but I have to have my PS3 disc in my PS4 while playing. So the code and checks are there for the PS4 to read a PS3 disc enough to validate that you own a physical copy. It would make a lot of sense to tie that into PS Now so we can play our PS3 discs on the PS4 (even though it would be streaming).
I misunderstood you. I don't think Sony has ever said they would do that, but would be nice if they did.
post #127 of 134 Old 06-23-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
This will fail miserably if it stands the way it is.
I'm guessing since charging during a beta is such a horrible idea, that it's to see what kind of profits the service WILL turn. Like if 50,000 users were on the beta, and since charging rental fees there is only 237 users, well it'd be a darn good indicator.
post #128 of 134 Old 06-24-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I hope the rental model fails at the Beta level. Those prices won't stand. For PSNow to succeed, it needs to have the same model as Netflix. Otherwise, what's the point? I'll just go buy the disc version of the PS3 game for $20 and get to keep it forever, or trade it back in for credit when I'm done.

How dense can they be?
steve1022 likes this.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #129 of 134 Old 06-25-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
I hope the rental model fails at the Beta level. Those prices won't stand. For PSNow to succeed, it needs to have the same model as Netflix. Otherwise, what's the point? I'll just go buy the disc version of the PS3 game for $20 and get to keep it forever, or trade it back in for credit when I'm done.

How dense can they be?
PS3 games don't fit in my Vita. :P
post #130 of 134 Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is the dumbest move Sony has made yet. Overpriced, it's laggy and the graphics suck. I'm sure they'll make some money before people realize what a hack job this "service" is.

500 gigs FTW.
post #131 of 134 Old 06-25-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 239
You can't blame the graphics on the service, it's not going to magically make them look like PS4 games.

The services has worked pretty good for me, I've only played 2 games with it though but, there was no lag and the graphics are what you'd expect from a PS2 game. My problem with the service is that none for the games interest me and now they are charging real money so, I'm out.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #132 of 134 Old 06-25-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
You can't blame the graphics on the service, it's not going to magically make them look like PS4 games.

The services has worked pretty good for me, I've only played 2 games with it though but, there was no lag and the graphics are what you'd expect from a PS2 game. My problem with the service is that none for the games interest me and now they are charging real money so, I'm out.
It makes PS3 games look like PS2 games?
post #133 of 134 Old 06-25-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
PS3 games don't fit in my Vita. :P
Are you honestly okay with those prices?

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #134 of 134 Old 06-25-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
Are you honestly okay with those prices?
Absolutely not. I am just pointing out that I want the service so I can play it on my Vita, so just getting the disk or digital download is not a viable alternative.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page