Here is a montage of my space... before and after
My day job has been in audio/video production and I finally got around to building a home studio a few years ago.
I have added furniture and made a few mods since the pics were taken...
It's basically a 26' x 16' space with 8' ceilings and a two level floor.
- I have felt covered RUXUL RB60 4'x 2' x 4" panels on the side walls to control flutter and tame the majot LF standing waves. Have not needed to do anything else thanks to the mixed materials used in the construction.
- Sound system consists of JBL Control 5 monitors all around powered by a Yamaha RX-2020 and a BIC-12 sub
- Sony SXRD vw90es projector on a 10' wide 2.40:1 format screen
The desk area is in the rear area of the space and is my home office - work station for work and gaming...
- MacPro with 2x Dell 27" monitors & a Logitech G510 keyboard for gaming
- Yamaha NS-10M monitors powered by a Hafler amp
Only regrets as far as the construction... I wish I had run 120v to each speaker location so I would have had the option of running an active sound reinforcement. There is always something you forget to consider.