post #1 of 18 Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
It releases sometime this year.

Quote:
In Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, you take on the role of Talion, a valiant ranger whose family is slain the night Sauron and his army return to Mordor, moments before his own life is taken. Resurrected by a Spirit of vengeance and empowered with Wraith abilities, Talion ventures into Mordor and vows to destroy those who have wronged him. Through the course of Talion’s personal vendetta, you will uncover the truth of the Spirit that compels you, learn the origins of the Rings of Power and ultimately confront your true nemesis.

Here's a first look of the gameplay for this really good looking Lord of the Rings title. The death animations are surprisingly brutal:

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-23-2014, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I could see myself getting this. Video had me a little non plussed until the 2:30+ mark. I was never excited about previous LOTR games, mostly of the Real Time Strategy genre, but this looks like a good rendition. Looks like Assasin's creed 4 with some fallout and God of War mixed in.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #3 of 18 Old 01-23-2014, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 184
DAMNIT JOE! Beat me to it.

Read the gameinformer on this and thought, "Sounds cool", but after seeing the video that relates to the article I can def add this to my must buy list. Has an Assassins Creed vibe to it, curious to see how the open world looks and works. The nemesis system is something that could make this gen of games spectacular especially in the RPG realm. Can't wait for this!

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @gundumgaming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 18 Old 01-23-2014, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
The lead guy from Assassin's Creed 2 is saying they stole assets for this game. It should be interesting to watch it all unfold.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #5 of 18 Old 01-24-2014, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

The lead guy from Assassin's Creed 2 is saying they stole assets for this game. It should be interesting to watch it all unfold.
0:49 to 1:15. Yeah I buy that. Totally.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #6 of 18 Old 01-24-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
you can see the batman influence..
post #7 of 18 Old 01-24-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

DAMNIT JOE! Beat me to it.

Read the gameinformer on this and thought, "Sounds cool", but after seeing the video that relates to the article I can def add this to my must buy list. Has an Assassins Creed vibe to it, curious to see how the open world looks and works. The nemesis system is something that could make this gen of games spectacular especially in the RPG realm. Can't wait for this!

I don't know, man - this seems awfully... complicated. There is a LOT going on, maybe a little too much for my feeble mind. My head was spinning just trying to keep up with all the mechanics he was telling us about, and that was just an 8-minute video.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #8 of 18 Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

I don't know, man - this seems awfully... complicated. There is a LOT going on, maybe a little too much for my feeble mind. My head was spinning just trying to keep up with all the mechanics he was telling us about, and that was just an 8-minute video.

The game informer piece does a better job, i think, of explaining it. It will be interesting to see how they execute the nemesis system as enemies are supposed to remember you and grow from it. If you spare them, maybe they become a more brutal killer, if you kill an orc leader, his replacement might be someone who is worse or softer. How they will manage to keep that in place, build on it and apply it to a large scale world (w/o possibly having a repetitive system) could likely determine it's success. Cool concept regardless.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:

Twitter: @gundumgaming

post #9 of 18 Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

The game informer piece does a better job, i think, of explaining it. It will be interesting to see how they execute the nemesis system as enemies are supposed to remember you and grow from it. If you spare them, maybe they become a more brutal killer, if you kill an orc leader, his replacement might be someone who is worse or softer. How they will manage to keep that in place, build on it and apply it to a large scale world (w/o possibly having a repetitive system) could likely determine it's success. Cool concept regardless.

I'll be curious to see how all this advanced AI will run on a PS3, or if they have to make any gameplay compromises in the ported version, or if it will in fact be dumbed down for all systems (i.e., not as robust as its seeming promise in these early videos) to run on last gen systems.
post #10 of 18 Old 01-24-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
It is cross gen!? Just let the 360 and PS3 go already and code for the newer consoles.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #11 of 18 Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:

It is cross gen!? Just let the 360 and PS3 go already and code for the newer consoles.

Not gonna start happening till next year.

Heck, the PS3/PS4 may continue to get cross gen games for another 2 or 3 years, the way Sony supports their consoles. And remember, 3rd world countries are just now moving over to the PS3 en masse, so there is a whole new audience to market to there.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #12 of 18 Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Already listed on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Middle-Earth-Shadow-Mordor-PlayStation-3/dp/B00GMFKYIU/ref=sr_1_1_title_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1390605767&sr=1-1&keywords=middle+earth+shadow+of+mordor
post #13 of 18 Old 01-25-2014, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:

Good luck with that. Games are always derivative works, and I highly doubt actual code or assets have "been stolen". It's going to sound like sour grapes if there's no proof of real wrongdoing.

Anyways, trailer looks good, studio has some pretty good work behind them, and surprisingly it looks like they're not just using the IP to deliver something quick and dirty. Gonna have to keep my eye on this, as the enemy faction system looks really neat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Productions
post #14 of 18 Old 01-25-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Man this game looks cool and reminds me of Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver (which is a good thing because I LOVE Soul Reaver)

Those Who Attempt To Destroy Me, Shall Be Obliterated!!

Megatron
post #15 of 18 Old 01-25-2014, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Looks nice, as above, even if I´m a LOTR fan, it´s the first time I´m interested in a LOTR based game, wink.gif
post #16 of 18 Old 04-02-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
New Story Trailer here. Release Date 10/7/14.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #17 of 18 Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Don't know if this is good news or not, but the release date moved forward to Sept. 30.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
post #18 of 18 Old 07-25-2014, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
cool,never excited about previous LOTR games, mostly of the Real Time Strategy genre, but this looks like a good rendition. Looks like Assasin's creed 4 with some fallout and God of War mixed in.[IMG]http://*******/mTg8QS[/IMG]thanks
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page