Anyone here own both systems ? - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,812
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

since this is a "both systems" kinda thread.

You have xbone and ps4. you want to get the new Tomb Raider. You are half way through the story on Xbone already but no longer have the game. Which one do you buy?

PS4 version looked amazing. Though I'd probably wait until it was cheaper. I went through the story twice, once on 360 and once on PS4 but did not regret either. Although my hard playthrough on this console seemed a little easier for some reason. The xbone and PS4 versions both have the same content but one does not equal the other or so I've gathered from reviews.
lordxar5 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-16-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
freemeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,194
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

PS4 version looked amazing. Though I'd probably wait until it was cheaper. I went through the story twice, once on 360 and once on PS4 but did not regret either. Although my hard playthrough on this console seemed a little easier for some reason. The xbone and PS4 versions both have the same content but one does not equal the other or so I've gathered from reviews.

I fired up the ps3 version after finishing the ps4. It feels more precise on the ps4, easier to get headshots. The buttery smooth 60fps gives it a nicer gameplay feel plus the controller is probably more precise as well.

Ps4 version is a wonderful experience.
freemeat is offline  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaGamePimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: WA State
Posts: 15,593
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

since this is a "both systems" kinda thread.

You have xbone and ps4. you want to get the new Tomb Raider. You are half way through the story on Xbone already but no longer have the game. Which one do you buy?

I have not played the Xone version but my cousin and I sat here the other day for about an hour and directly compared TR on the PS4 to the PC, played them side by side, the PS4 release is very impressive (my cousin picked it up for $30 off CL).

PS4 version was running at 1080p (1:1) on a 1920x1200p 24" while the PC was on a 1920x1080p 27" so the PS4 had an advantage regarding dot pitch and looked slightly softer at times versus the PC but they looked nearly identical most of the time.

I was honestly not expecting the PS4 version to match a stout PC (settings pegged on a $500 gpu) but it does and even surpasses it in certain areas (better hair, skin and fog).

Jason
DaGamePimp is offline  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:38 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 22,780
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

since this is a "both systems" kinda thread.

You have xbone and ps4. you want to get the new Tomb Raider. You are half way through the story on Xbone already but no longer have the game. Which one do you buy?

The one that is on sale. The PS4 version is $40 right now.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

The one that is on sale. The PS4 version is $40 right now.

they both are eek.gif
brian6751 is offline  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 22,780
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

they both are eek.gif

I didn't know that. That would make my decision more difficult since I have more money in my XBL account than I do in my PSN account right now. I think I will just wait and hopefully pick it up digitally for $20 to $30 later this year.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
Old 02-18-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I didn't know that. That would make my decision more difficult since I have more money in my XBL account than I do in my PSN account right now. I think I will just wait and hopefully pick it up digitally for $20 to $30 later this year.

I went ahead and bought it for Xbone. I'll finish it up and sell it.
brian6751 is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off