Bound by Flame (PS4) - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 05-09-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 196
I got in on a promotion (restart for $1). I got Thief and Batman Arkham Origins and couldn't get anything else from them two weeks after. I live about 40 miles south of Tampa so games do arrive at my house quickly and always get back to the shipping center quickly, but there is a crazy amount of downtime between shipments.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 05-09-2014, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 251
I've been a subscriber for 2 years now and have just not had these issues until I started trying to get PS4 games, maybe that is just a coincidence. Almost 2 years of getting 360 games, very few took more the 4 days to arrive once shipped and I got every new release that I requested. Not getting the new releases is annoying but, I'm not to bother by it because it is obvious they are just not stocking many next gen copies yet (although, both consoles are selling faster then any console before it so, you'd think they'd adjust). The shipping taking 6+ days is ridiculous and I'll cancel if this continues much longer. It's going on 8 days now for MGS V, I've had international packages that don't take 8 days to arrive. I figure one of 3 scenarios is happening 1) GameFly really doesn't ship it on the day they say it shipped, 2) they really don't use first class mail, maybe media mail which is 2-8 days according to USPS.com 3) increase in sticky finger mailmen.

GameFly is investigating what may have happen and they also asked me to file a report on the USPS website. I did that and a USPS representative called me asking if I had a tracking number but GF doesn't give you a tracking number.

I've enjoyed the service from GameFly over the years and I've learned to live with some of the things that bother others. I don't mind waiting a while for a game with low availability in my Q, that's my choice. I waited almost a week and a half just for MGS V to ship, had no problem doing that. The turn around time use to be just fine, about a week total, 2-3 days to receive my returned game, 2-4 days to get a new one; that was fine with me. The service has saved me a ton of money and I've gotten to play many more games then I ever could if I was having to buy them all. But, when something is shipped, I expect to receive it in a timely manner; 8 days is not a timely manner.

Wife just text'd, no game in the mail today, if it comes tomorrow that will make 9 days.

Sorry for the rant, I'll stop now.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #63 of 65 Old 05-09-2014, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my confirmation email this morning from Gamefly that it had been shipped out to me. I was concerned about not being one of the ones who requested this title day one.

I too can contest to the piss poor shipping times but I believe it to be on USPS. From the day I put a game in my mailbox for return I bet it is every bit of 7-9 BUSINESS days for Gamefly to send a email stating they have received it.

With the poor shipping times I still enjoy my service. It has also allowed me to play way more titles than I would normally buy.
post #64 of 65 Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 152
I have to say I'm really enjoying bound by flame. I thought the combat mechanics were difficult at first, but now I like that I have to be stategic with parrying, blocking, and striking. It is refreshing after all the mindless hack and slash/pummel the hell out of the baddie/button mashing games i have recently played.
Chairman7w likes this.
post #65 of 65 Old 05-11-2014, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post

I have to say I'm really enjoying bound by flame. I thought the combat mechanics were difficult at first, but now I like that I have to be stategic with parrying, blocking, and striking. It is refreshing after all the mindless hack and slash/pummel the hell out of the baddie/button mashing games i have recently played.

Yea, didn't expect combat to be as challenging as it has been. Found myself dying over and over on the level right after the Temple. Enjoying the depth of RPG quests and the item customization.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page