Sword Art Online - Game, Anime, Manga & VR discussion topic. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 86 Old 04-26-2014, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

Yea, I picked it up from B&N today. Glad I went there, else I would've ordered a novel and not the manga eek.gif ...only read a few pages; will dig in more later. Peeked at the end and it covers until the mid-season anime ending.

The novel is the original, the manga cut even more than the anime. :O

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 Old 04-28-2014, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm almost done with the book, but I know what was "cut", and what wasn't so far. The first book starts at episode 8, flashes back to episode 1 and eventually flashes to part of episode 3. Episodes 2,4,5,6,11,12 are absent, they should be in book two. I am at episode 13's events right now and it rolls right into 14/15 based on my quick glance ahead.

A few additional sections are added, including something I thought was a joke... but is cannon.

Lots of added details that the anime gloss over really help to explain a few things, so this is a very worthy read so far.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #63 of 86 Old 04-28-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Thanks for the review Pen. I'm probably 1/2 thru the manga right now. Will look to grab the novel next. I do note the manga skips episode 2 of the anime as it doesn't explain the original meeting between Kirito & Asuna (tho perhaps the anime got it wrong..?).

Be awesome if someone made a game with similar concepts of this story. PCs are stuck in game until they clear 100 levels, add perma-death to your avatar, but all you to create a new one if you die...That could be quite the RPG experience!

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @gundumgaming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #64 of 86 Old 04-28-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Try the original 4 dot hack games, that is where this story style really took off.

Every review of the manga I read said to avoid it, and I listened. The novel is very well done, and yes, the anime did gloss over a lot. Like in episode 2, which will be in book 2, Kirito and Asuna went out and practiced after eating the bread in the LN. (Based on a comment that mentioned a few differences) We see more of what happened, and a few scenes are different and some events that happened in the anime are treated as though they never happened. Book two should be interesting.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #65 of 86 Old 04-28-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 746
I wish they'd put FF14 on Vita. I'm having a blast on PC with it.

Steam: Guts
post #66 of 86 Old 04-28-2014, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

I wish they'd put FF14 on Vita. I'm having a blast on PC with it.

Remote Play with PS4.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #67 of 86 Old 04-28-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Remote Play with PS4.

I only have the old and busted 3 not the new hotness 4.

post #68 of 86 Old 04-30-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Bandai is including the first title free with the purchase of Hollow Fragment: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/30/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-us-release-will-include-hd-port-of-infinity-moment/
Quote:
In a surprising turn of events Bandai Namco announced today with a press release that the North American release of the PS Vita exclusive JRPG Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will come with a lovely bonus.

The package will include a HD Port of the PSP prequel Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment, effectively providing twice as much Sword Art Online fun for the fans of the popular anime and light novel series.

That’s definitely welcome news, and I have to admit that I didn’t expect it in an era in which publishers try whatever they can in order to nickel and dime gamers.

The two games will be launched this summer as a digital-only release. As a fan of the series, I definitely can’t wait.

Twitch.tv:

post #69 of 86 Old 05-01-2014, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That is... odd, considering the Vita title is an enhanced port of the PSP title to begin with...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=810769

Some people clarify it in this thread.

I finished the book the other night, it explains a lot of smaller details that the anime glossed over. (Like how the stat gains and skills level up) and Kirito doesn't come off as an overconfident jerk like he can in the anime.

Hopefully the second arc is better in the book, it had a lot of issues in the anime.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #70 of 86 Old 07-05-2014, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sword Art Online 2 premiered last night in Japan, episode one is on Youtube officially. Turn CC on for subs.

Sword Art Online II EPISODE 1 The World of Guns 1…:
post #71 of 86 Old 07-05-2014, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Youtube it is. I can't find it on Crunchyroll yet. World of guns. Have they gone syfy on us?
post #72 of 86 Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Its showing on CR now: http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art-online

perfect timing, just got my highspeed internet again, know what I'll be doing tomorrow

Twitch.tv:

post #73 of 86 Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Its showing on CR now: http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art-online

perfect timing, just got my highspeed internet again, know what I'll be doing tomorrow

Twitch.tv:

post #74 of 86 Old 07-06-2014, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Crunchy Roll requires Premium membership to watch it for now, making youtube the go to choice for now.

World of Guns is based on the MMO shooter that the first half of the series will take place in.
post #75 of 86 Old 07-20-2014, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I'm only on episode 8 of SAO, but binge watched all of Season 1 of AoT. Loved that show. SAO
is good, but I find AoT to be better.
post #76 of 86 Old 07-21-2014, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Attack on Titan is pretty good but one thing really bothers me about that show. One moment the characters will be zipping around killing titans like total badasses then the next moment they are standing around not doing anything but arguing about what to do about the titan thats comming at them. You just killed 3 in a row. Why suddenly are you afraid of this one ??? Still waiting for volume 2 English dub to finish AoT anime.
But Sword Art Online was easy to transition from Dub to Sub for the second season.
post #77 of 86 Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post
I'm only on episode 8 of SAO, but binge watched all of Season 1 of AoT. Loved that show. SAO
is good, but I find AoT to be better.
Same here. I bailed on SAO after 13 or so. Started up Inuyasha and like it a lot better, took a break from Inuyasha and started Captain Harlock. Now that's a series. I'm pretty impressed with the selection on Hulu and a few of the anime channels I use on Plex. The Netflix original anime is getting decent reviews as well but Harlock is scratching the scifi itch for now.

post #78 of 86 Old 07-21-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post
Same here. I bailed on SAO after 13 or so. Started up Inuyasha and like it a lot better, took a break from Inuyasha and started Captain Harlock. Now that's a series. I'm pretty impressed with the selection on Hulu and a few of the anime channels I use on Plex. The Netflix original anime is getting decent reviews as well but Harlock is scratching the scifi itch for now.
I think I'm at about episode 14 or so and my estimation of SAO has increased. It will be interesting to see how the series handles itself now that things are different, but I'll stick with it.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #79 of 86 Old 07-23-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Finished all 25 episodes. Liked it. I thought I saw someone post that there's another season. Surely not.
post #80 of 86 Old 07-23-2014, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

SAO season 2 (series 3) just started. Episode 4 will be out Saturday.
post #81 of 86 Old 07-23-2014, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Out on YouTube? I've been watching on Netflix.

It bothers me a bit that they would continue it past the end of ALfheim. There was closure.
post #82 of 86 Old 07-23-2014, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post
Out on YouTube? I've been watching on Netflix.

It bothers me a bit that they would continue it past the end of ALfheim. There was closure.
The series started as a Light Novel, there are over a dozen now.

Crunchy Roll has the episodes for free up to the latest, that requires premium. Daisuki uploads the new episode weekly but removes it when the next comes out. So watch what you can on Crunchy Roll, then stay up to date on youtube.

Also, read the books if you can, the anime skips a lot of details.
post #83 of 86 Old 08-02-2014, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Episode 5 is up on crunchy roll and didn't require premium. It is finally kicking into gear and the ending to the episode was done very well. Can't wait for next week's episode.
post #84 of 86 Old 08-03-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
Episode 5 is up on crunchy roll and didn't require premium. It is finally kicking into gear and the ending to the episode was done very well. Can't wait for next week's episode.
I was able to watch the first one on YouTube, but couldn't find the rest. I'll try Crunchy Roll.

I've been on an anime kick lately. Paprika and Redline were fantastic. Also watched all of Knights of Sidonia on Netflix. Had a very Evangelion feel; not as great, though it's sufficiently different to be good in its own right.

Speaking of Evangelion, when is 3.33 getting here? I've got it preordered from Amazon, but they don't have a release date yet.
post #85 of 86 Old 08-09-2014, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Episode 6 is up on crunchy roll (no lockout again), we get a flashback to SAO in this one that covers an event the anime skipped but book one covered. The extermination of laughing coffin. It ties in with the current story arc and there are some great fights as well. So far GGO is shaping up to be my favorite arc yet.
post #86 of 86 Old 08-09-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I have to say I pref the fantasy setting to the steampunk/fps setting. I feel like the show doesn't have concrete direction where it is taking the story, but obviously I'll wait and see how it all plays out.

Twitch.tv:

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page