Need a PS4 mic to go with our 7.1 surround theatre... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-23-2014, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Ok, I'm stuck... What is eveyone using for a PS4 mic in their theatres?

Wants:

-- I want to hear my theatre from my seating but use chat too...

-- Battery powered if at all possible to keep from draining the controllers battery.

Questions: (The mic that came with the PS4 never worked so I am not really sure how the controller/headphones setup works. )

-- Will a microphone by itself work plugged into the PS4 controller?

-- What happens to inbound voices if I get something like a neck boom mic?

-- Will my teams chat still come in through the speakers?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Robb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I can't really answer any of your questions since I have never used anything like that. As far as a mic goes, this is the one I use and I like it because there are slots in the ear cup that allow you to still hear your system. Not sure they make anything like this that is battery operated. Most if the battery operated ones I have seen are the nicer 7.1 headsets and that is obviously not what you are looking for.

It is actually on sale for $10 off at Newegg for $15...pretty damn good deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CKevgeG8-b0CFYN0OgodATIAbQ&Item=N82E16879459013&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-PS4+Accessories-_-N82E16879459013&ef_id=UcNcYAAAACKswQfa:20140424154942:s

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my modest theater -
post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2014, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thats what I ended up with today from gamestop but it was $29. Just got done with a few rounds of Warframe and they worked great. It was funny I can see when others have their mic on when playing with an icon, but I didn't notice anything denoting my mic was on. Had to ask if anybody could hear me. Hopefully a paid for game will let you know.

Thanks for looking all.
-Robb

post #4 of 4 Old 04-25-2014, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbrang View Post

Thats what I ended up with today from gamestop but it was $29. Just got done with a few rounds of Warframe and they worked great. It was funny I can see when others have their mic on when playing with an icon, but I didn't notice anything denoting my mic was on. Had to ask if anybody could hear me. Hopefully a paid for game will let you know.

Thanks for looking all.
-Robb

I can tell you that in BF4 if you are using the in game chat (not party chat) there is a little mic icon next to your name and it blinks when you are talking...does the same for the people in your squad that way you know who is talking.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page