Project CARS on the PS4 (VR headset supported) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 334Likes

post #1 of 1139 Old 05-01-2014, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 227

Due out May 12, 2015. Displayed in 1080P on the PS4 at 60fps, it is looking pretty good!

Quote:
If you haven’t heard about it already, Project CARS is a bit different. Different in the philosophy of freedom that runs throughout the entire game, and different in how it’s being created — by YOU, the gamers!

Project CARS was conceived back in October 2011 (Wow, time flies!) as a natural continuation of our work on two of racing’s biggest franchises — Need For Speed and Test Drive — and as a return to our roots when we created GTR and GT Legends.

Back when we were conceiving the idea, we knew we wanted to create a racing game that covered a wide range of different car types and motorsports, and gave you the freedom to play and experiment with them however you wanted.

We wanted the core driving experience to be the most authentic on the planet, and we wanted to provide you with all the features you need to recreate a race weekend as it happens in real life — complete with a dynamic time of day and a weather system that not only looks beautiful but challenges your skills and provides strategic opportunities. And we wanted to connect players together with a variety of online and community features — time trials, events, competitive multiplayer, content sharing, stat comparisons, and more.

That was the goal we set out with — to stand alongside the competition with a fresh new racing game that combined best-in-class features you guys have been asking for and innovations that’ll blow you away — but we knew we were going to need some help. Which is why over the last few years we’ve been helped by a community of passionate and dedicated players like yourselves on our WMD Portal site. They’re people like you that are looking for the next big thing, have been playing games all their life, and are finally making the racing game of their dreams. As we’ve said for a while now, this is a racing game for racers, made by racers. It’s your game.

As you may have seen, we’re very excited that Project CARS is going to be launching in November, and as you’ll see from these screenshots here it looks fantastic on PS4. It’s definitely something you’ll want to show off to your friends when they visit.

Whether you’re recreating Lewis Hamilton’s fearlessness out on a European racing circuit, searching for that perfect opportunity to break out of a close pack of GT cars, testing your stamina doing a 24 hour race in an LM Prototype, or simply taking a muscle car out for a drive down the US West Coast, both the cars and tracks are exact 1:1 recreations of the real things.

On the cars that means visually down to the screws that hold the suspension system together, physically in terms of recreating the exact handling and performance characteristics, and sonically representing the various roars or purrs or growls that each exhibits. Others may say similar, but they don’t come close to the attention to detail we put in.

When it comes to the tracks too, thousands of reference photos were taken, height information was recorded, laser scans were done, and — most importantly — real drivers like former “Stig” Ben Collins, Nicolas Hamilton, and Oli Webb trawled over every track giving us inside info on the nuances of every corner, every rumble strip, every bump on the tarmac to ensure they not only look great but feel authentic to play, too.

Over the coming months you’ll see more here on PlayStation.Blog — like cars and tracks, career mode, online modes, social & community features, and a special feature on Project Morpheus.

That’s right, Project CARS will be one of the first games on PS4 to support virtual reality via the Project Morpheus headset. Finally, you’re going to really feel what it’s like sitting in the driving seat of a high performance machine as you look around the cockpit, glance left and right as you overtake an opponent, and get an exhilarating sense of speed as you scream down the finishing straight.

So stay tuned and head over to projectcarsgame.com in the meantime for more screenshots and videos.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Last edited by joeblow; 04-25-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1139 Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Rules & Format:
  • Race night is Thursday @ 9:15PM EST/6:15PM PST
  • 10 minute qualifiers
  • Track length will determine laps
  • Realistic Driving Aids will be on - Basically if the car has it by default the aid will be on for that car
  • Performance Damage will be On
  • Mechanical failures will be Off
  • Flag & Penalties will be on; additional features will be added as seasons proceed
  • Points will be given based on placement 10,8,6,4,2.

You will also get 3 points for having the fastest lap. It only shows up at the end of the race if the lap was validated. So if only 1 person has 1 validated lap then that person gets the points.(At least I think it shows up, it seems we never have a validated lap)

AVS Race League - Series Season 3

Season starts 8/6; Racers will pick (2) track/car combo for the season. Pit stops will be included and weather is possible.

Track List
Bathhurst - Done
Hockenhiem Short - Done
Monza GP - Done
Snetterton 300 - Done
Road America
Oulton Park International (weather)

Car List
BMW Turbo 320 Group 5 (Hockenhiem)
Caper Monterey Stock (Bathhurst)
Mercedes C-Class Coupe DTM (Monza)
Caterham Seven Classic (Snetterton)
Ruf CTR3 (Road America)
Ginette G40 Junior (Oulton Park International) - Weather: Light Clouds, Light Rain, Heavy Rain

Season 2 Final Results
1st - Crash44 - 82 points
2nd - Icelt - 76 points
3rd - MPHfrom77 - 42 points

Season 1 Final Results
1st - Icelt - 116 points
2nd - Crash44 - 64 points
3rd - MPHfrom77 - 60 points

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos

Last edited by Epyon415; 08-25-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: New season
post #3 of 1139 Old 05-01-2014, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Nope, Project Morpheus will not ship in 2014. I guess 1st half of 2015 is a safe bet or it makes no sense to say pCARS (out in November) will support it.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #4 of 1139 Old 01-30-2015, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Release date of March 20th. New series of PS4 videos, beginning here:

post #5 of 1139 Old 01-30-2015, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked: 862
I'm on board. Not usually into racers but Driveclub rules and its whet me whistle for some hardcore sim action and this looks awesome!
post #6 of 1139 Old 02-02-2015, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Subscribed to thread.
post #7 of 1139 Old 02-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Looks great! I wonder about the Project Morpheus support. A quick google search come up with news stories nearly a year old. Nothing recent that I found.
post #8 of 1139 Old 02-17-2015, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Kinda weird that they were talking about Morpheus so matter of factly.

I thought Sony wasn't certain they would even be releasing it, at least in it's current form. I guess if this is the year of VR, then maybe Sony announces something at e3, and Morpheus is actually available this November for $399.99 (same price as PS4).
post #9 of 1139 Old 02-18-2015, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
Kinda weird that they were talking about Morpheus so matter of factly.

I thought Sony wasn't certain they would even be releasing it, at least in it's current form. I guess if this is the year of VR, then maybe Sony announces something at e3, and Morpheus is actually available this November for $399.99 (same price as PS4).
Morpheus was announced as a thing. I think they talked Driveclub for it too. I don't remember which but a couple upcoming games all mentioned testing on it. What your probably thinking of was the duct tape demo they announced it with. I think the second time it was at a show and people got their hands on it, it was more polished. That said it has been quiet so who knows.
post #10 of 1139 Old 02-18-2015, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Morpheus was announced as a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't remember Sony officially saying that they were going to actually release Morpheus (whatever it will be called) to retail anytime soon. I thought officially they were just looking into it, and hopefully, etc, etc.

In other words, the idea is that they were working on a VR headset, and Morpheus is their first version they've shown the to public and that they could potentially release it at retail, but that this particular version might not see the light of day.

I mean, of course everybody was just assuming that Sony would eventually have a VR device of some kind in the near future, but it wasn't know for sure exactly when that would actually happen. Now it would seem that a fall 2015 release would be a certainty based on these various comments by these 3rd party companies talking about Morpheus versions.
post #11 of 1139 Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
To the best of my knowledge, I don't remember Sony officially saying that they were going to actually release Morpheus (whatever it will be called) to retail anytime soon. I thought officially they were just looking into it, and hopefully, etc, etc.

In other words, the idea is that they were working on a VR headset, and Morpheus is their first version they've shown the to public and that they could potentially release it at retail, but that this particular version might not see the light of day.

I mean, of course everybody was just assuming that Sony would eventually have a VR device of some kind in the near future, but it wasn't know for sure exactly when that would actually happen. Now it would seem that a fall 2015 release would be a certainty based on these various comments by these 3rd party companies talking about Morpheus versions.
The impression I have is that its coming but in development. Several devs already have access to it so it just sounds like a matter of time. Then there's this from a few days ago:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...tardust-ultra/
post #12 of 1139 Old 02-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 153
I LOVE racing games. Cannot wait for this one!! If it plays as good as it looks, I'll be a happy af.

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #13 of 1139 Old 02-26-2015, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Is this a full SIM racer, similar to Gran Turismo?

Or a bit heavier on arcade, with some hints of SIM like Drive Club?

Looks interesting.
post #14 of 1139 Old 02-26-2015, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm2003 View Post

Looks interesting.
Think its sim with some arcade tendencies. I might have interpreted things incorrectly but it sounded like you could tune everything or put it on newb mode and just go.
post #15 of 1139 Old 02-26-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Any word on what wheels are supported with the PS4 version?

Quote:
They're aiming for a level of realism similar to the level present in the GT and Forza franchises, which aren't full sims like something such as iRacing.

Compromises have been made due to the breadth of content that's covered, to accommodate analog stick/trigger users, and to make it appeal to the widest group as possible (I.e., enough realism to appease sim diehards while still remaining reasonably accessible for the average player.).

I hope they got the AI right. It was very problematic with earlier builds.
post #16 of 1139 Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
Any word on what wheels are supported with the PS4 version?

Quote:
PLAYSTATION 4
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback

Thrustmaster T80
Thrustmaster TH8RS
Thrustmaster TH8A
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
Thrustmaster T500RS

That's the list as it stands today. The T300RS is the only "official" PS4 wheel. I have seen that the T500 will work with PS4 but ends up missing some functions. The T80 will also work but it has no force feedback.

I'm excited for this but will be waiting for reviews from the likes of GTPlanet and Inside Sim Racing. I'm hoping the game nails it though.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #17 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 153
New release date 4/7

Been a fan of Namco racing games since Ridge Racer PS1, nice to finally have them back in the racing genre. Hopefully PC lives up to it's graphics and hype. Can't wait to try it out.

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619

Last edited by BDUB619; 03-10-2015 at 11:48 AM.
post #18 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Anyone know if a demo is planned?
post #19 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1052 Post(s)
Liked: 870
Quote:

Looks interesting.

I thought it would be like Nexus said but yesterday I was at a kids bday party and the person who made me fall in love with racing games mentioned that its full on ultra realistic sim. I didn't believe him even though all he plays is racers, more on the PC though. I decided to look further into it and it seems he was right.

I read that on the F1 you can get wheels tangled up into a mess if you decided to get to close. Push the car to its limits for to long and you could be calling for the pit crew to come push your ass back into the pit. Also damage to the car will affect the car. From what I read these are standard options and they didn't see a way to turn them off. There are some assists you can turn on but thats more along the line of traction and braking as well as driving lines.

Not sure how this will translate in the multiplayer but we will see I guess.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #20 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Any good deals on a digital preorder?
post #21 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope there is tire wear. Nothing like having to run the proper line and worrying about not having enough tire left to get you to the end of the race!
post #22 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
I thought it would be like Nexus said but yesterday I was at a kids bday party and the person who made me fall in love with racing games mentioned that its full on ultra realistic sim. I didn't believe him even though all he plays is racers, more on the PC though. I decided to look further into it and it seems he was right.

I read that on the F1 you can get wheels tangled up into a mess if you decided to get to close. Push the car to its limits for to long and you could be calling for the pit crew to come push your ass back into the pit. Also damage to the car will affect the car. From what I read these are standard options and they didn't see a way to turn them off. There are some assists you can turn on but thats more along the line of traction and braking as well as driving lines.

Not sure how this will translate in the multiplayer but we will see I guess.
Its a sim of that is no question. Somewhere I read that you could dumb it down a bit, not lines or assist type stuff but like give me a car for this track like a NASCAR or F1 for their respective tracks. So the way I took it was that you could skip all the tuning and have an easier time.
post #23 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Its a sim of that is no question. Somewhere I read that you could dumb it down a bit, not lines or assist type stuff but like give me a car for this track like a NASCAR or F1 for their respective tracks. So the way I took it was that you could skip all the tuning and have an easier time.

Some people have played it and they mention not seeing the option but it could exist. I would think it would as to real of a racer would put some people off.

Weather effects are pretty sweet. You can choose any weather on any track. Choose a sunny day with a thunderstorm later at 5x speed and eventually you start to see the clouds roll in and rain dropping.

Another piece I enjoyed
"Head out of the pits in a Formula A car, hit the throttle and you will instantly spin. But wait! That's just because the tyres are cold. Feed in the throttle slowly using R2 and do a slow lap to get some heat into them. Once they're up to temperature, you'll have way more grip."

That's pretty sweet

post #24 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone on PC running 12k? Now this is sweet

tampabuc and BDUB619 like this.

post #25 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Any good deals on a digital preorder?

Haven't seen any. I'm waiting just in case

post #26 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Some people have played it and they mention not seeing the option but it could exist. I would think it would as to real of a racer would put some people off.

Weather effects are pretty sweet. You can choose any weather on any track. Choose a sunny day with a thunderstorm later at 5x speed and eventually you start to see the clouds roll in and rain dropping.

Another piece I enjoyed
"Head out of the pits in a Formula A car, hit the throttle and you will instantly spin. But wait! That's just because the tyres are cold. Feed in the throttle slowly using R2 and do a slow lap to get some heat into them. Once they're up to temperature, you'll have way more grip."

That's pretty sweet
I'm saying the wrong thing. If you don't want to tune a car there's apparently presets. So you can do an arcade pick a car and go type thing. Of course I read that weeks ago and much has happened since so I might be off.
post #27 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

@mphfrom77 looks like to many turns for you.

Dash525 likes this.

post #28 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Smigro likes this.

post #29 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Real life vs project cars

Playing on a pc with ultra settings must be amazing

BDUB619 likes this.

post #30 of 1139 Old 03-09-2015, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
@mphfrom77 looks like to many turns for you.

http://youtu.be/jaVrLX59Js0
Looks great...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page