God of War on Vita Crossbuy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just learned that the digital version GOW for Vita is cross buy. I have never played any GOW games so I am thinking this is a good opportunity. I have also never purchased any cross buy games. How is that done? If I purchase the game on my Vita, how do I get it on the PS3? or the other way around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You should be able to buy it on either your Vita or ps3. You can then download the Vita version directly from the Playstation store using the Vita, or use the PS3 and download both versions to the PS3, then transfer to the Vita using USB.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Go to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and purchase God of War Collection for Vita. When you finish, you can choose to download it directly to your Vita. After that, if you search for God of War Collection for PS3, it will show free. You still need to "buy" it, aka add to your cart and complete purchase, and then you can download it to your PS3.

Some unscrupulous, horrible people figured out yesterday that getting the PS+ trial versions of God of War I & II HD (not the collection) would entitle you to the Vita version of God of War Collection and then conversely the GoW Collection full version on PS3. Only terrible people took advantage of this "deal." biggrin.gif
post #4 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
God of War 1 and 2 was available for free by accident and a lot of people including me got it that way. We didn't really know if that was intentional or not until it was admitted that it was by mistake. We'll anyway, I see the PS Vita version is available for free on my PSN account. It stinks for Sony and the developers though since they lost a ton of potential PS Vita version sales because of those mistakes. It's a bit ironic that a similar situation have happened just recently with people turning their trial version into actually owning both the PS Vita version and the PS3 versions.

On the other hand, the PS Vita version is over 3 gigs and Sony does significantly overcharge their memory cards so it's not a total loss for Sony.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So no cross buy. Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know if it will have cross save? I would consider purchasing a used copy of the ps3 version if it did.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyxbr View Post

So no cross buy. Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know if it will have cross save? I would consider purchasing a used copy of the ps3 version if it did.
It still has cross-buy if you purchase either version of it legimately. No cross-save.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page