post #91 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

all they really need to do is show Zelda and a new trailer for X with some story elements and they'll knock it outta the park.

Nothing from Nintendo gets me excited anymore, the company is a lost cause IMO. The only thing that would get me to pay attention would be if they announced that they were getting out of the hardware business and going to release there games on PS4/Xbox One.
DarrellG likes this.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

Nothing from Nintendo gets me excited anymore, the company is a lost cause IMO. The only thing that would get me to pay attention would be if they announced that they were getting out of the hardware business and going to release there games on PS4/Xbox One.

I agree. but i know theres still a lot of people who get hot and bothered over zelda and the xenoblade sequel is looking truly interesting.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #93 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Bloodborne (why they didn't show gameplay is beyond me)
No Man's Sky
LBP 3
Hotline Miami 2
Dragon's Age
FarCry 4
Batman Arkham Knight
Destiny

I'm really excited for those...and that's a decent amount of content, but a good bit of that is multiplat.

Teasing us with beautiful footage of UC4 was nice, but it's going to be a long time coming. I was very excited about The Last of Us Remastered, but I'd feel the fool if I paid $60 for a game I've already played...twice. I'll definitely pick it up, but it will be when it's $30 or free on PS+.

No details on Morpheus or when we might see it on a shelf, nothing about the Last Guardian or Gran Turismo, nothing about why I should buy the PS4 camera now (I already have one, but seriously, why? To play Playroom?), and what was most shocking to me was the lack of what I thought was going to be their closing fireworks- a large firmware update that would add the functionality everyone is clamoring for and already enjoying on their PS3.

So, it wasn't a bad show, but it wasn't earth shattering or particularly exciting. But then, they didn't really need it to be, did they? They're clearly on top, though the distance between them and their competitor seems to be shrinking, so I suppose they felt safe enough not to need any crazy announcements. Still, fluff about Powers, PlayStation Now, PS TV with a freaking DS3!!!!, and a horrendous Ratchet & Clank movie was annoying. If we're being honest with ourselves, do we really think that 30 minutes of admittedly cute and funny cutscenes from a video game can make a good movie? I doubt it.

All in all, I have a ton of little titles downloaded on the PS4 that I need to make my way through. I still need to finish up the plat for Dark Souls 2. I have Wolfenstein on the way and Plants vs. Zombies after that. I've also got Demon Gaze waiting for me on the Vita and Bravely Default sitting in my DS. I don't really need to be bombarded with games I want to play, but I guess I was expecting just a bit more from Sony.
curtlots likes this.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #94 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 191
I get the feeling Sony held back some stuff. The way the show started and flowed towards the end felt a wee bit disjointed, specifically all of the talk about the PSN stuff. I get the feeling the exec was talking to fill in time that was originally reserved for game announcements/trailers.

With Gamescon and TGS pending, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more "megatons".

As for E3, #1. Microsoft did a decent job. Shame everything they announced had been previously "leaked" as it robbed them of any worthy surprises. Odd that they had relatively no major first party exclusives announced, but maybe they are holding off? A lack of Gears was really shocking. #2. Sony's show was good, not great, or mind-blowing, but I feel they kept a strong moment from console announce > E3 2013 > launch > E3 2014. LBP 3 was a shocker, didn't expect that. MIGHT get it, but cant say at the moment. TLoU release date in July is a smart move and might move a few more consoles. Wish they had elaborated on I:SS DLC and why I should keep the disc. GTA 5 announce during their show is great, even though it's a rehash, but nice to see the devs giving Sony some strong love.

Biggest shame of ALL E3 (yesterday) is that the majority of games worth playing will be released next year. 2014 sorta started with a bang but will probably end with a whimper, unless someone announces something ridiculous and just wrecks the gaming industry.

Rainbox Six: Siege & No Man's Sky are my games of E3 winner hands down. At least October (as of now) will be enjoyable.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #95 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

I get the feeling Sony held back some stuff. The way the show started and flowed towards the end felt a wee bit disjointed, specifically all of the talk about the PSN stuff. I get the feeling the exec was talking to fill in time that was originally reserved for game announcements/trailers.

With Gamescon and TGS pending, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more "megatons".

As for E3, #1. Microsoft did a decent job. Shame everything they announced had been previously "leaked" as it robbed them of any worthy surprises. Odd that they had relatively no major first party exclusives announced, but maybe they are holding off? A lack of Gears was really shocking. #2. Sony's show was good, not great, or mind-blowing, but I feel they kept a strong moment from console announce > E3 2013 > launch > E3 2014. LBP 3 was a shocker, didn't expect that. MIGHT get it, but cant say at the moment. TLoU release date in July is a smart move and might move a few more consoles. Wish they had elaborated on I:SS DLC and why I should keep the disc. GTA 5 announce during their show is great, even though it's a rehash, but nice to see the devs giving Sony some strong love.

Biggest shame of ALL E3 (yesterday) is that the majority of games worth playing will be released next year. 2014 sorta started with a bang but will probably end with a whimper, unless someone announces something ridiculous and just wrecks the gaming industry.

Rainbox Six: Siege & No Man's Sky are my games of E3 winner hands down. At least October (as of now) will be enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure no mans sky and RSS are 2015.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #96 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Bloodborne (why they didn't show gameplay is beyond me)

No Man's Sky

LBP 3

Hotline Miami 2

Dragon's Age

FarCry 4

Batman Arkham Knight

Destiny

I'm really excited for those...and that's a decent amount of content, but a good bit of that is multiplat.

Teasing us with beautiful footage of UC4 was nice, but it's going to be a long time coming. I was very excited about The Last of Us Remastered, but I'd feel the fool if I paid $60 for a game I've already played...twice. I'll definitely pick it up, but it will be when it's $30 or free on PS+.

No details on Morpheus or when we might see it on a shelf, nothing about the Last Guardian or Gran Turismo, nothing about why I should buy the PS4 camera now (I already have one, but seriously, why? To play Playroom?), and what was most shocking to me was the lack of what I thought was going to be their closing fireworks- a large firmware update that would add the functionality everyone is clamoring for and already enjoying on their PS3.

So, it wasn't a bad show, but it wasn't earth shattering or particularly exciting. But then, they didn't really need it to be, did they? They're clearly on top, though the distance between them and their competitor seems to be shrinking, so I suppose they felt safe enough not to need any crazy announcements. Still, fluff about Powers, PlayStation Now, PS TV with a freaking DS3!!!!, and a horrendous Ratchet & Clank movie was annoying. If we're being honest with ourselves, do we really think that 30 minutes of admittedly cute and funny cutscenes from a video game can make a good movie? I doubt it.

All in all, I have a ton of little titles downloaded on the PS4 that I need to make my way through. I still need to finish up the plat for Dark Souls 2. I have Wolfenstein on the way and Plants vs. Zombies after that. I've also got Demon Gaze waiting for me on the Vita and Bravely Default sitting in my DS. I don't really need to be bombarded with games I want to play, but I guess I was expecting just a bit more from Sony.

Well said!

In particular, I really agree with, "and what was most shocking to me was the lack of what I thought was going to be their closing fireworks- a large firmware update that would add the functionality everyone is clamoring for and already enjoying on their PS3" Hopefully we get a firecracker or two before the show is finished.
post #97 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
When did Drake get married?
post #98 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

When did Drake get married?

Between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. In Uncharted 3, Elena is still wearing their wedding ring because she's working in Yemen, and married women are treated with more respect.
post #99 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Ohhh. I never got to play 3.
post #100 of 102 Old 06-10-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

I don't know if that would make sense now that Playstation Now will let you play PS3 titles on the Vita.

How does streaming PS3 titles to the Vita matter where porting a major 1st party Vita release to the PS3 is concerned? Especially one that so far isn't playable on the Vita TV itself and likely never will be due to the touch screen inputs they shoehorned in.
DarrellG likes this.
post #101 of 102 Old 06-11-2014, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

How does streaming PS3 titles to the Vita matter where porting a major 1st party Vita release to the PS3 is concerned? Especially one that so far isn't playable on the Vita TV itself and likely never will be due to the touch screen inputs they shoehorned in.

Sorry, I read your post incorrectly. I thought you wanted PS3 games to come to Vita.

In my defense, I had not had any coffee at that point. biggrin.gif
Leo_Ames likes this.
post #102 of 102 Old 06-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickboy2k View Post
All games delayed until 2015.

Sorry. Had to do that...