The Last of Us, the movie - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By metalsaber
  • 3 Post By Yrd
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 07-25-2014, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
joeblow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 12,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
The Last of Us, the movie




Currently in the works, and Sam Raimi (first Spiderman director) is involved.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!


Last edited by joeblow; 07-25-2014 at 03:06 PM.
joeblow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 07-26-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 184
The PS4 remake was worthwhile...this....WHY?

All they have to do is just capture the entire game and they'd have a movie. Live action is just going to be a let down i feel. Trying to adapt the story to something else will be riddled with controversies and following the game's script will not entice anyone who has played the game to go watch it.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @gundumgaming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Epyon415 is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
metalsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,546
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Would have been better as a HBO series.
aaronwt likes this.
metalsaber is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MaxDam77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Maisie Williams (The girl playing Arya Stark in Game Of Thrones) is in talks for the role of Ellie.
MaxDam77 is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
djb5f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post
Maisie Williams (The girl playing Arya Stark in Game Of Thrones) is in talks for the role of Ellie.
oh great. she is fabulous.
djb5f is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
djb5f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
The PS4 remake was worthwhile...this....WHY?

All they have to do is just capture the entire game and they'd have a movie. Live action is just going to be a let down i feel. Trying to adapt the story to something else will be riddled with controversies and following the game's script will not entice anyone who has played the game to go watch it.
that is the trick with doing a movie from any source (be it book, video game, etc). It won't follow exactly.

That said video games to movies are generally pretty bad. Hope this bucks the trend.
djb5f is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 2,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post
that is the trick with doing a movie from any source (be it book, video game, etc). It won't follow exactly.

That said video games to movies are generally pretty bad. Hope this bucks the trend.
Typically the source material hasn't been as good as this.

What historical video game's have been made to movies?
Doom, House of the Dead, Mario Brothers, Dragon Siege? None of them are known to have good story. I think you can raise your expectations for this one.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
djb5f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Typically the source material hasn't been as good as this.

What historical video game's have been made to movies?
Doom, House of the Dead, Mario Brothers, Dragon Siege? None of them are known to have good story. I think you can raise your expectations for this one.
Been a lot and nearly all duds including Max Payne and Mortal Kombat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...on_video_games
djb5f is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 2,938
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Oh, but Street Fighter has one of the best lines of any movie ever.

aaronwt, DarrellG and Epyon415 like this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 07-28-2014, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 184
"Colonel Guile, Have you lost your mind?"..."NO, you've lost your balls!"

--****ing Jean-Claude!

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter: @gundumgaming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Epyon415 is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 07-29-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MaxDam77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Oh, but Street Fighter has one of the best lines of any movie ever.

http://youtu.be/GlhOUyy4wbs
This movie is so bad it's so fun to watch and laugh about.
how Dhalsim got bald al of a sudden, and that cheesy pose at the end
MaxDam77 is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 07-30-2014, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
metalsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Western, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,546
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post
This movie is so bad it's so fun to watch and laugh about.
how Dhalsim got bald al of a sudden, and that cheesy pose at the end

that was the worst. haha
metalsaber is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 07-30-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,441
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Oh, but Street Fighter has one of the best lines of any movie ever.

http://youtu.be/GlhOUyy4wbs

Has Ming-Na Wen even aged? She's in her 50's now and in Agents of Shield.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off