Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anyone else PSPlus account get bugged?

Has anyone had an issue where psn doesn't seem to completely recognizing are an active psplus subscriber? It's been like this on ps4 since launch for me but now my ps3 is doing it too. It lets me get my discounts and free codes no problem but if I go to the page that is supposed to show the back catalog of free stuff it keeps prompting me to buy a new subscription, despite mine lasting till mid 2015. Strangely it seems to show my 1 year sub lasting 2 years, not sure if that is the cause but I doubled up when it was rumored that the price increase would hit so I paid in advance for Aaron second year...

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-02-2014, 07:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I'm paid up for the next few years but never had that problem. Turn off auto renewal if you have that turned on, see if it helps.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #3 of 13 Old 08-02-2014, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ok if that doesn't work guess I call em, thanks

Sam Posten
post #4 of 13 Old 08-02-2014, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Turns out that it's not my account that's screwed up, it's that they have made PS Plus ******.

All free games must be purchased in the month they are offered, there is no grabbing last 2-3 months any more like there was since the start. This REALLy blows for new subscribers but doesn't much affect me.

No more purchasing the free vita games from your PS3. This is just dumb.

Sam Posten
post #5 of 13 Old 08-02-2014, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
Turns out that it's not my account that's screwed up, it's that they have made PS Plus ******.

All free games must be purchased in the month they are offered, there is no grabbing last 2-3 months any more like there was since the start. This REALLy blows for new subscribers but doesn't much affect me.

No more purchasing the free vita games from your PS3. This is just dumb.
Sony announced in early June this new way of doing the IGC where we get two free games for each platform at the beginning of the month, and they are all accessible the entire month taking the guesswork out of when they expire. The new policy started at the beginning of July.

You can still add games for platforms you don't own via the Internet browser store.
If you don't have July's games yet, add them now before they expire on Monday.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-02-2014, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yeah I did that but I wonder if I missed any in June, I know I got the PS4 ones but I coulda missed the PS3 or vita ones..

Sam Posten
post #7 of 13 Old 08-02-2014, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

To take the confusion out of how long games will be available on PSPlus we're going to limit them to just one month from now on, haha so f you subscribers!

What a bunch of asshats.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...4-ps3-ps-vita/

Sam Posten
post #8 of 13 Old 08-02-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

What are you fussing about? Except for the instant library selections that would stay up for a year or so, Sony always rotated free PS+ games out after a few weeks as they bring in replacement games.

However, as long as you at least put a game in the PSN store cart and complete the $0 transaction, it will stay in your library to download and play for as long as you subscribe to the service (even after they've been removed from the PS+ promo).

They handle it this way so that someone can't wait four years to subscribe and then instantly access dozens and dozens of free games when they finally do.

post #9 of 13 Old 08-02-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

That IGC was the lure for A LOT of new people to subscribe. And now it's gone. I bought my subscriptions under the advertised program and now it's been removed with a blog post, I'm not even sure I got an Email that clearly said in big bold letters that they were making the service worse. What's not to understand?

Sam Posten
post #10 of 13 Old 08-03-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

They increased the monthly allotment of games offered (at least six a month), so it is actually better as we now get more total games per year.

But what doesn't make sense is if you signed up and dloaded the games when the IGC list was up, you will have access to those titles as long as you are a member. They don't go away from your library because Sony stopped offering them to new customers (even if you temporarily delete them).

And if you signed up after the IGC format changed to the increased-number-of-games monthly format and were not pleased, why did you sign up if you were just going to be upset?

post #11 of 13 Old 08-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 192
I get that there is a lost function, but it's not unfair for them to remove it. You are paying for a service that gives you more than it's worth in games over the sub period.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #12 of 13 Old 08-04-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 113
The service is a lot better now. They are giving us new games instead of keeping the same ones for longer. No more waiting for the game you want until an unspecified Tuesday; They all come out the same day. Also, you can just dump all six titles into your account from the webstore on the first Tuesday of the month. Can't wait for tomorrow!
post #13 of 13 Old 08-04-2014, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
The service is a lot better now. They are giving us new games instead of keeping the same ones for longer. No more waiting for the game you want until an unspecified Tuesday; They all come out the same day. Also, you can just dump all six titles into your account from the webstore on the first Tuesday of the month. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Yeah, it's like the old system was designed to drive traffic to their blog and store to constantly check what games were coming each week.

The new system is better in every way for long-time Plus members, except for the fact, speaking as someone who still primarily games on the PS3, we only get 2 instead of 3 PS3 games per month now. But I knew such a change was inevitable and am thankful we still get 2 PS3 games, not to mention Sony seems more flexible now in giving us the free games on all available systems even if the game isn't a "cross-buy" title, like Dragon's Crown, which I'll get for PS3 even though it's one of August's "Vita" games.
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page