White Playstation 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
White Playstation 4

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but Sony is releasing a Destiny Bundled White PS4 September 9th.

Trying to decide between picking up the White version or the Black. My entertainment center is primarily darker colors/ blacks, so I would think the black would look better/ sleeker, what are your guys thoughts on this?

Either way, both systems look great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 209
white does look enticing. I had thought about it, but already owning the PS4 meant I would at a minimum spend close to $250, so not worth it for me. If I could even trade, I probably would. Can't honestly go wrong either way. If you plan on buying Destiny at the same time, the bundle saves you about $10

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Old 08-04-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb3408 View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but Sony is releasing a Destiny Bundled White PS4 September 9th.

Trying to decide between picking up the White version or the Black. My entertainment center is primarily darker colors/ blacks, so I would think the black would look better/ sleeker, what are your guys thoughts on this?

Either way, both systems look great.

The white on the console is sharp, but since my consoles are usually with other home theater components, I like them to look like those components whenever I have the choice.

White on a controller is never a good idea IMO. Dirt/fingerprint city!!!!

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I was in a similar boat, but decided that basically I didn't want to wait until September to get the bundle. So I got black.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I pre-ordered (actually my girlfriend did for my 30th bday... she's a keeper ) the Destiny's White PS4 because I find it prettier. I prefer the white controllers and the blue light is more visible on the white PS4 I think. Since I wasn't in a hurry to get the PS4 (even tho I bought 2 PS4 game since receiving the gift ~2 weeks ago... need to build the backlog )

Don't know how it will look with all my other black electronics but I don't mind... it will just be a punch in colors... I had the Red Wii before and it wasn't a problem.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
I pre-ordered (actually my girlfriend did for my 30th bday... she's a keeper ) the Destiny's White PS4 because I find it prettier. I prefer the white controllers and the blue light is more visible on the white PS4 I think. Since I wasn't in a hurry to get the PS4 (even tho I bought 2 PS4 game since receiving the gift ~2 weeks ago... need to build the backlog )

Don't know how it will look with all my other black electronics but I don't mind... it will just be a punch in colors... I had the Red Wii before and it wasn't a problem.
Wow, this is very similar to me. My wife said I could pre-order it for my 31st birthday lol. I'm excited for the white too, looks super clean and classy. Its funny how back when the 360 was out and white everyone was longing for the black version. Now that black is the standard everyone wants a white version lol.

Super excited though. I played the destiny beta on my ps3 and had a blast with it. Definitely the reason I'm finally jumping to the ps4. Just gonna move the ps3 to the bedroom.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettrules21 View Post
Wow, this is very similar to me. My wife said I could pre-order it for my 31st birthday lol. I'm excited for the white too, looks super clean and classy. Its funny how back when the 360 was out and white everyone was longing for the black version. Now that black is the standard everyone wants a white version lol.

Super excited though. I played the destiny beta on my ps3 and had a blast with it. Definitely the reason I'm finally jumping to the ps4. Just gonna move the ps3 to the bedroom.
Haha, very similar! Happy Birthday

I'm keeping my PS3 where it is. I was thinking of moving it to my office (no TV in bedroom) but I have an open spot on my receiver to keep both the PS3 and PS4
Old 08-05-2014, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
Haha, very similar! Happy Birthday

I'm keeping my PS3 where it is. I was thinking of moving it to my office (no TV in bedroom) but I have an open spot on my receiver to keep both the PS3 and PS4
Happy Birthday to you as well! Yea I normally would leave mine as well but I have my 360 still in there so no need to over clog the living room with consoles.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 113
White is coming:

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
Old 08-09-2014, 01:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
While I like the white console I think it's just because it's not the norm. If we had received a White PS4 and they showed a black version later on we'd be saying the same thing just in reverse. I like that my current PS4 fits with my home theater equipment. White would throw it off. Now a white controller? Sure I'd buy one, I need a second controller anyway.

Tags
playstation 4 , white playstation 4 , white ps4