Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-06-2014, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Turtle Beach PX4 sound issues

Hi there,

I googled for hours by now and still have no idea how to fix my issues with my Turtle Beach PX4 headset. It's correctly paired with the box, and the PS4 is configured correctly as well (DIGITAL out instead of HDMI, Chat Audio, Dolby).

Problem one: I have no sound whatsoever in the headset. Despite having set the PS4 to DIGITAL out, I still get the audio through HDMI. No sound at all in the headset... except:

Problem two: If I switch the PS4 settings to "All Audio" for the Microphone, I do get some audio on the headset, but only when I connect the microphone cable to the controller - and the audio is incredibly broken (dropping out about twice per second or for several seconds). In theory, this setting would be nice (connect the microphone to the controller - audio switches to the headset; disconnect the mic, audio switches back to HDMI). It would allow to easily switch between external sound over HDMI or headset sound without having to change the PS4 settings. However, as I mentioned, it is not usable, because the audio in the headset drops in and out all the time.

So.... the real question here is, why do I not get any audio in the headset (forget about the mic for a moment) when I switch the PS4 to "DIGITAL OUT"? Any ideas? I also didn't find any information about possible firmware upgrades for the PX4.

I also just tried a factory reset of the PS4, but still the same issues.

Last edited by marcelschoen; 08-06-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2014, 02:59 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 54
If you dont any luck here, contact turtle beach customer support. I was having issues with another model headset and my ps4 and after a few iterations it got worked out. I think I used their online form to submit the problem I was having and a day later or so I got an email from an employee and then we emailed back and forth until it got resolved. This took over the course of a week for me, sometimes it would take me a few days until I got a chance to try their suggestions and give them feedback.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page