Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 209
This seems very ambitious. If delivered as described it could be an evolution in gaming. Will keep close eye on it for sure. Hopefully it is a 3rd person setting and not an indie style top-down title.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Old 08-13-2014, 01:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
From the Playstation blog:

====
When we started working on WiLD we wanted to make sure that we would have fun playing our own game even after months and months of development! This is the reason why the world of WiLD is the size of Europe, with dynamic weather and seasons, and filled with interactive opportunities that feel endless.

Every time you play you’ll discover new things, even in the same place as before. But… the best feature came from our prototyping phase when we started playing as wolves, horses, sheep and… even trout! So we decided that in WiLD every creature should be playable, even the giant and dangerous ones!

All these features combined, open so many new gameplay situations, especially when playing online. How you approach the game is up to you, what you do and even what you are – it’s all up to you.
====
Old 08-13-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Very ambitious. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post
From the Playstation blog:

====
When we started working on WiLD we wanted to make sure that we would have fun playing our own game even after months and months of development! This is the reason why the world of WiLD is the size of Europe, with dynamic weather and seasons, and filled with interactive opportunities that feel endless.

Every time you play you’ll discover new things, even in the same place as before. But… the best feature came from our prototyping phase when we started playing as wolves, horses, sheep and… even trout! So we decided that in WiLD every creature should be playable, even the giant and dangerous ones!

All these features combined, open so many new gameplay situations, especially when playing online. How you approach the game is up to you, what you do and even what you are – it’s all up to you.
====
The description makes it sound like a sandbox title w/o any coherent story, which might be great for some. I'm concerned how many people's attention it will capture though simply because of this. Be interesting to see what sort of visual fidelity they can accomplish with such a large world.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
The description makes it sound like a sandbox title w/o any coherent story, which might be great for some. I'm concerned how many people's attention it will capture though simply because of this. Be interesting to see what sort of visual fidelity they can accomplish with such a large world.
Minecraft is a sandbox game with without any coherent story, so it can be done. Huge difference here with Wild apparently going for super realism with the visuals. Minecraft is very imagination driven because it's so simple, which is partly why it's so popular. In Wild, if it really doesn't have a storyline, the player will have to rely on what the game gives you to "make a good time", with little imagination. If that's the way Wild wants to go then it will need to be a very well done to have a chance.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
Old 08-14-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 170
I've been wanting a game where you can play as an animal for a very long time. Since the days of Ecco the Dolphin on the Sega Genesis, I've been thinking that this is a criminally underused gameplay concept. My only concern is that your ability to be all kinds of different animals, might suggest that none of them are very deep in terms of play mechanics, in comparison to a game that just focused on being a Wolf only or something like that.

Still, at least it's something interesting for a change.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
I've been wanting a game where you can play as an animal for a very long time.
Never played Okami or Tokyo Jungle...?

- Jer
Old 08-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post
Never played Okami or Tokyo Jungle...?

- Jer
Tokyo Jungle was the first thing I thought of when I watched the trailer.

PSN = Hatcher14
Old 08-14-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Not sure what to make of this. It looked freaking awesome but I didn't get a feel for what the game was?? Are we hunters, pets, just passing through?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Not sure what to make of this. It looked freaking awesome but I didn't get a feel for what the game was?? Are we hunters, pets, just passing through?
Thought the exact same thing.

PSN ID: javant86