"P.T." Silent Hill remake demo on PS4 store now - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Anthony1
  • 1 Post By Anthony1
post #1 of 27 Old 08-12-2014, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 629
"P.T." Silent Hill remake demo on PS4 store now

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ansistorgame00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 08-12-2014, 10:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 170
I noticed people streaming it and tried to find it on PSN but could not find it (shrug).

Jason
post #3 of 27 Old 08-12-2014, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
I noticed people streaming it and tried to find it on PSN but could not find it (shrug).

Jason
Did you type in "p.t." In the search field? The link also takes you straight to it . JuSt do it on your PC that way.
post #4 of 27 Old 08-13-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I found it under games, not demos.
I'll play it tonight,...in the dark, all alone,...
post #5 of 27 Old 08-13-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
Did you type in "p.t." In the search field? The link also takes you straight to it . JuSt do it on your PC that way.

Yes I tried that later and it came up.

It's really boring, same hallway throughout the entire demo... over and over.

Very excited for a new Silent Hill, just hope it plays better than the teaser demo.

Jason
post #6 of 27 Old 08-13-2014, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
Yes I tried that later and it came up.

It's really boring, same hallway throughout the entire demo... over and over.

Very excited for a new Silent Hill, just hope it plays better than the teaser demo.

Jason
I didn't get a chance to play much last night but from what I've read it is basically puzzles to advance. I know the door around the corner opened for me after going through the repeating hallway twice, not sure what triggered it. Some baby cried and the gf said it was creepy and didn't want to watch me play it.
post #7 of 27 Old 08-13-2014, 09:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yep, I told my wife about it and she instantly said there was no way she was watching it.

Jason
post #8 of 27 Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I completed P.T. last night, but didn't get to see the silent hill teaser/trailer.
I'll try again tonight.

Imo, I think it was creepy as hell the more you get into it. Give it another try.

Last edited by MaxDam77; 08-14-2014 at 08:25 AM.
post #9 of 27 Old 08-14-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 368
I played this demo for a while and I slowly was figuring out what to do. Man I will tell you I haven't jumped and yelled F--- in a long time! This game is going to be great and it should satisfy most horror fans! FWIW, I was playing this on my FP setup so the creep/scare factor was taken up a notch!

October HorrorFest Participant
post #10 of 27 Old 08-14-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Didn't realize there was a thread here. I just keep my tapatalk set on participated so I miss these new threads. Gonna try and beat this tonight but what a presentation this is!
post #11 of 27 Old 08-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Well I'm stuck. I found 4 pieces of a "thing", but I can't find anymore and this seems like the only thing to do. Stuff stopped happening for me I guess until I find more pieces of this "thing." Or maybe there are no more pieces and this is all there is. I thought for sure I've zoomed in on pretty much ever inch of this hallway.

Had a conversation with my lunch bag, though, so that's good.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #12 of 27 Old 08-14-2014, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Ad laden walkthrough of sorts, not sure how accurate.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/201...alkthrough.htm
post #13 of 27 Old 08-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I gave up and watched the video of the end. I would do the things they said and nothing would ever happen. So it's obviously not the right procedures.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #14 of 27 Old 08-14-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

That's what I did since it was late last night. I think some of it is just waiting. Like waiting for hell to get written on the wall.
post #15 of 27 Old 08-17-2014, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
That's what I did since it was late last night. I think some of it is just waiting. Like waiting for hell to get written on the wall.
You trigger that by going back and forth, don't you?

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #16 of 27 Old 08-17-2014, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
You trigger that by going back and forth, don't you?
Could be...not real sure lol
post #17 of 27 Old 08-17-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Could be...not real sure lol

I did it by doing this-> SPOILER

Spoiler!

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #18 of 27 Old 08-17-2014, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I tried the demo last night. Great tech that yields nearly photo-realistic visuals. Boring gameplay however as you just keep wandering down the same hallway over and over again waiting for minute changes in the environment. I know this is just a teaser but it quickly got boring and seeing as Kojima is behind it, I expect the final game to be a borderline incoherent experience laden with tons of cinematics and self-referential bits but light on gameplay (as you can tell, I am not a fan of his).
post #19 of 27 Old 02-12-2015, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 176
You know what's crazy.... I heard all about this thing, when it first hit, but never bothered to download the demo. I heard people talk smack about how it's just this one hallway, over and over. and was boring, etc.

Then... I noticed that all the podcasts that I listen to started mentioning this demo in their GOTY discussions. A few people, even talked about it being their personal GOTY for 2014.

I'm like WTF ?? Are you kidding me ? GOTY for a freaking demo ? How is this possible.

So after hearing it mentioned again in so many podcasts, I'm like... I gotta download this demo and see what's up...

Oh my goodness, this thing is freaking amazing if you ask me. I'm sorry, I think it actually lives up to the hype. Sure, it's one hallway, but it's amazing what they have done with this hallway. I've spent well over 5 hours playing this thing, ( a few hours on a few separate occasions ), and I've gotten more bang for my buck from this game than almost anything else in 2014 (Forza Horizon 2 says hello) .

This is probably the best demo I've played since the original Bioshock demo. It's almost hilarious to me that possibly one of the best games on the PS4 system is a freaking demo
post #20 of 27 Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
You know what's crazy.... I heard all about this thing, when it first hit, but never bothered to download the demo. I heard people talk smack about how it's just this one hallway, over and over. and was boring, etc.

Then... I noticed that all the podcasts that I listen to started mentioning this demo in their GOTY discussions. A few people, even talked about it being their personal GOTY for 2014.

I'm like WTF ?? Are you kidding me ? GOTY for a freaking demo ? How is this possible.

So after hearing it mentioned again in so many podcasts, I'm like... I gotta download this demo and see what's up...

Oh my goodness, this thing is freaking amazing if you ask me. I'm sorry, I think it actually lives up to the hype. Sure, it's one hallway, but it's amazing what they have done with this hallway. I've spent well over 5 hours playing this thing, ( a few hours on a few separate occasions ), and I've gotten more bang for my buck from this game than almost anything else in 2014 (Forza Horizon 2 says hello) .

This is probably the best demo I've played since the original Bioshock demo. It's almost hilarious to me that possibly one of the best games on the PS4 system is a freaking demo
Can you help me understand what made it so great? I played it and walkthrough the hallway a bunch, but reached the point where I couldn't do anything else and ended up quitting. It was spooky yes, but maybe I was missing something because I got kinda lost...

Salminella has become legend (or something like that): PSN
post #21 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post
Can you help me understand what made it so great?...
Well, here's the thing... I think you have to be a certain type of gamer to appreciate this game. If you're looking for bombastic action all the time, you're going to be disappointed with this game, because it's a slow burn type of game. You have to be patient, and you have to like exploring your games.

You know how there is the Call of Duty type game, where every 2 minutes there is an explosion, and you're always following somebody and having all this bombastic stuff going off every 30 seconds. This game is nothing like that, so if you want constant, hectic action, this game is not for you.

I love exploring every nook and cranny of a gaming environment, and this game is great for people like me. I don't mind taking my time through a game, and letting the game breathe so to speak. There are certain types of gamers that will pick up PT and be like... "All you do is walk down one hallway, and nothing happens, this sucks!".

It's not that they are wrong, it's just different strokes for different folks. Some people love the Transformers movies, and Michael Bay movies, and other people like movies that are more high-brow. It's just different things for different type of people. For me, what made PT so special, is that it's absolutely dripping with atmosphere. Sure, it's just one hallway, but man, did they do an amazing job with the hallway and the few rooms and stuff. Just the detail everywhere is amazing (at least to me). My wife actually thought I was watching an actual movie. She was amazed that the walls of the hallway appeared so real.

The demo is super boring for 95 percent of the time, so that the 5 percent that isn't boring scares the living bejesus out of you, if you know what I'm saying. I mean, I literally jumped several feet up off my sofa during that first major scare that happens in the game. They understand how to do proper pacing.
post #22 of 27 Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Well, here's the thing... I think you have to be a certain type of gamer to appreciate this game. If you're looking for bombastic action all the time, you're going to be disappointed with this game, because it's a slow burn type of game. You have to be patient, and you have to like exploring your games.

You know how there is the Call of Duty type game, where every 2 minutes there is an explosion, and you're always following somebody and having all this bombastic stuff going off every 30 seconds. This game is nothing like that, so if you want constant, hectic action, this game is not for you.

I love exploring every nook and cranny of a gaming environment, and this game is great for people like me. I don't mind taking my time through a game, and letting the game breathe so to speak. There are certain types of gamers that will pick up PT and be like... "All you do is walk down one hallway, and nothing happens, this sucks!".

It's not that they are wrong, it's just different strokes for different folks. Some people love the Transformers movies, and Michael Bay movies, and other people like movies that are more high-brow. It's just different things for different type of people. For me, what made PT so special, is that it's absolutely dripping with atmosphere. Sure, it's just one hallway, but man, did they do an amazing job with the hallway and the few rooms and stuff. Just the detail everywhere is amazing (at least to me). My wife actually thought I was watching an actual movie. She was amazed that the walls of the hallway appeared so real.

The demo is super boring for 95 percent of the time, so that the 5 percent that isn't boring scares the living bejesus out of you, if you know what I'm saying. I mean, I literally jumped several feet up off my sofa during that first major scare that happens in the game. They understand how to do proper pacing.
That's fair. I've played older SH games and liked them. This demo just didn't grab me for some reason.

I did watch a youtube of the end and definitely the 5%! That was pretty cool.

Thanks for the response.

Salminella has become legend (or something like that): PSN
post #23 of 27 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
More like 5% boring and 95% tension filled suspense. I was on edge from first time I heard noises coming from behind locked doors! And it didn't let up, it just got progressively more terrifying when ghosts start appearing and whole breathing right behind you sh1t!

This also is a great demo content for DSU. The atmosphere in these types of games come alive. It really adds tension to already tension filled game.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #24 of 27 Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

This also is a great demo content for DSU. The atmosphere in these types of games come alive. It really adds tension to already tension filled game.
This doesn't surprise me at all, because it definitely gave my subwoofers a workout. The audio track adds to the intensity for sure.

(full disclosure, I primarly played PT on a 126 inch screen in the dark with the stereo cranked to 11)
Spanglo and Omni009 like this.
post #25 of 27 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
This doesn't surprise me at all, because it definitely gave my subwoofers a workout. The audio track adds to the intensity for sure.

(full disclosure, I primarly played PT on a 126 inch screen in the dark with the stereo cranked to 11)
Nice. My screen is an inch smaller but my system goes to 13.

+1 playing nighttime only.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #26 of 27 Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

+1 playing nighttime only.
+2 with the house completely empty, late, late at night...
MaxDam77 likes this.
post #27 of 27 Unread Today, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
+2 with the house completely empty, late, late at night...
+3 with headset
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page