post #1 of 9 Old 08-18-2014, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I backed my first kickstarter....

Do you guys remember Night Trap ?

Remember all those crappy full motion video games ?

How cool would it be to play one with High-Def quality footage, better sound, faster switching of video streams, etc, etc, etc

I know this is an old school thing, but I actually kinda liked a few of the full motion games that came out on the Sega CD (and also the Panasonic 3DO). I'd love to see Sewer Shark and Ground Zero Texas. Especially Ground Zero Texas. I've never backed anything on kickstarter before, but I feel like if there is any chance of this thing getting funded, then I need to put up or shut up. I'm not actually excited for Night Trap, but if it gets funded and does ok, then maybe Ground Zero Texas will be the next one to come out. Or maybe they will even try to do a modern day FMV game. I just think it would be cool (and very corny, yes I know...)

Here is the kickstarter link if anybody wants to help my dream of playing Ground Zero Texas in much better resolution.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-trap-revamped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-18-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 173
"Night Trap... Night Trap... Watch out behind you... NIGHT TRAP!"

I still have Night Trap, Power Rangers, Ground Zero Texas, Double Switch and Sewer Shark on Sega CD. I played them all a few months ago. They have not aged well at all, and an HD upgrade won't help matters. Lets be honest with ourselves: these games were never fun to play, they were more about their storytelling mechanic and technology (video on a disc!?) than anything else, and that pretty much failed from the get go.

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved these games as a kid, but I'd rather simply watch a youtube video of the whole game than play any of them again.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #3 of 9 Old 08-18-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 193
For me, the only Sega CD full motion release I enjoyed was Prizefighter. They used the fight choreographer from Raging Bull to make the game, and I daresay that it still looks pretty decent, all things considered for a 21 year-old title.

I still hope Night Trap comes out though. I'd play it again.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Last edited by joeblow; 08-18-2014 at 06:43 PM.
post #4 of 9 Old 08-18-2014, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved these games as a kid, but I'd rather simply watch a youtube video of the whole game than play any of them again.

Well, it's certainly a tiny niche market that would want to actually play these games again. There are a certain number of gamers out there, that just are into the retro games of the early 90's, and this type of stuff is right up their alley. I play modern systems like PS4, XB1 and PC, but I also play a ton of retro games. I play a lot of Super Nintendo and Genesis games here and there. I've got all kinds of other systems like the Atari Jaguar, 3DO, 32X etc, etc. Every once in awhile I bring one of those systems out from the closet, dust it off, and play some of the games. Takes me right back to the early 90's.

I know it's not for everybody...
post #5 of 9 Old 08-18-2014, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
$297,000 and 21 days to go! Here's wishing the best to this kick starter!!!
post #6 of 9 Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I would not put money into this one: http://kotaku.com/night-trap-creator...rta-1620307753

Just a buyer beware.
post #7 of 9 Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You know what, I read the article, and I'm not really all that concerned. As long as Tom Zito himself is going to stand by this, I feel like I will eventually get the product as promised. If the rights to Night Trap was sold to somebody that was unrelated to the original project, then I'd be really worried, but with Tom Zito behind it, I think it's going to be legit.

These are old guys that don't know all the jargon, and yes, their kickstarter thing didn't have a lot of polish to it, but I still think it's in their best interest to get this thing out there, if they want to continue to make money off the property.
post #8 of 9 Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 641
I looked at the starter page and the Kotaku article. Why would they be producing discs? This is 2014. The thing would come out in 2015. WOuldn't discs just add a bunch to the cost? It seems like a digital version would make the most sense in this day and age.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #9 of 9 Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I could never get very far in night trap.
I still have both the genesis and the cd addon. But sold the games a long time ago. Kept a few Sonic CD (best version ever) and a few RPG Luna 1-2. Popful mail with mouth moving to voice animation. But the full motion games were all horrible.
That's "CD". These were not even dvd.
The postage stamp sized videos with the lines of resolution.
I am curious that a high quality copy may be floating around of the party in Night Trap. I'd like to see that.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page