AVS Forum banner

Fallout 4

8K views 227 replies 56 participants last post by  toomnymods 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
That's what I loved about the trailer, they showed us what the game really looks like instead of unrealistic cgi trailers that everyone else does. This way we hopefully avoid the stupid downgrade arguments when the game is released. I thought it looked fine, an upgraded Skyrim basically since they are using the same engine.

#17 ·
I thought the trailer looked amazing! You aren't going to get The Order level of graphics in a massive open-world RPG. Not to mention, it's a post-apocalyptic world, so it won't look as pretty as Inquisition. Some of the scenes reminded me of settings in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

#18 ·
my real complaint is it seems like Bethesda doesn't even bother with visuals and just lets the PC mod community do the heavy lifting. Skyrim was visually a let down when compared to other games. I would hope (considering they've labeled it as next-gen) that they will at least make some effort for improved model details.

#19 ·
Never tried any of the Fallout series but I may have to. I was playing Destiny big time but due to other issues I didn't get the latest expansion and no my clan has moved on without me. I kept watching Fallout 3 but some of the reviews scared me off because of the glitches. I am definitely going to keep my eye on this.

#21 ·
I played it on PS3 like a year after it was released. Most of all the glitches were patched.
The side quests, the atmosphere, the lore,...all amazing. Oh and those giant mutants.
Don´t know if some of you found the UFO and the special alien weapon,...that was amazing to use. Good times!

#37 ·
Rumor is this year. Apparently leaks from Bethesda online store and a EU store. Probably will know by E3. As for bugs I expect tons; and not just the ones to kill :D

Man, lots of Skyrim hate in here. That was my 2nd favorite game from last gen, RDR being my fav.
RDR is still a title that deserves a true follow up; not a sequel to the original story but a successor. Few titles will live in my personal hall of fame, but that one is in the top 5.

#28 ·
Why do they have a dog from a PS2 game in this game ? :)

Yeah, the graphics aren't going to challenge The Order anytime soon, but those of us that put 200 hours into Fallout 3 know better. Graphics are nice, but it's the world and the interactions, and the story that make the game. Fallout 3 is my favorite game from the last 15 years or so, no joke.

No other game made me feel like I had stepped into another world and was inside a movie, like Fallout 3. This was before VR. Just imagine if this game will have a special Oculus Mode....

#31 ·
I loved Fallout 3 but never finished New Vegas. Thankfully Obsidian has nothing to do with this one. Looking forward to it, but hoping they at least revamp the engine from the previous. I don't want it to look like a higher res Fallout 3, which judging from the trailer, that's what it currently looks like.

#33 ·
I loved Fallout 3 but never finished New Vegas. Thankfully Obsidian has nothing to do with this one.

Tons of people on Neogaf seem to wish this was Obsidian instead of Bethesda.

I hope Todd Howard and all of his peeps don't read too many of those gaf threads, because the vitriol is pretty off the chain right now. Tons of people complaining about the graphics being subpar, and wishing it was Obsidian that was actually making the game.

I guess the theory is that New Vegas had better storytelling than Fallout 3, thus Obsidian is better than Bethesda...

Personally, I spent around 200 hours in Fallout 3, and I loved just about every minute of it. I thought the stories were great. I haven't really played much New Vegas. I got New Vegas for a couple of bucks on a steam sale, but just never really got into playing it.

#41 ·
Yeah, love Skyrim and Fallout 3 Crew, checking in. Easily Top 10 all time for me.

#36 ·
Skyrim sucked for me because it was after Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Infamous 1 & 2, Far Cry 3, and however many other open world games. I'm sick of open world. Its time to either make open world evolve or move on because cookie cutter dungeons and a million collectibles are old news, thanks Ubi. Fallout did feel different though. Caves weren't just some dark hole with monsters and loot. There was a story in nearly every one. The weird vault with gas, the cannibal town, the one with ants, the buildings you could read prewar memos. That's not all strictly caves but its not regurgetated rubber stamps either. Fallout 3 was open world done right. I remember a lot of it and I can't remember much of anything anything.

#38 ·
Fallout 3 was open world done right. I remember a lot of it and I can't remember much of anything anything.

Yeah, Fallout 3 spoiled gaming for me.

I remember playing the Beta for Destiny that you could download, and I was exploring some of the outside areas of Russia in Destiny, and it reminded me of Fallout 3. Then I went into this underground area, and it REALLY reminded me of Fallout 3. There were desks and stuff.

But then, I would go over to the desk... Thinking I could open it. Thinking I could take something sitting on top of the desk.

Then realizing that very few games offer any of the interactivity of a Fallout or Skyrim. ( Personally I'm a Fallout guy cause I love post apocalypse stuff... also guns better than swords)

So many times I'll play a first person shooter that is really cool looking. Like Advanced Warfare, the recent COD game. Amazing graphics. Stuff all over the place in the environment. Unfortunately, you can't really interact with ANY of the stuff in the environment. Fallout 3 spoiled me really bad. I expect every desk, in every game to be searchable. I expect every bed to be a bed I can sleep in to restore health.

#40 ·
If I can figure out how to get my own picture uploaded...I just saw a Facebook image comparing F3 to F4. Said something about busting out the good ole PS2 lol. Its a stark difference too. Lets just hope what we've seen so far is just an early teaser cuz it does look pretty basic even by Watch Dogs standards.

#43 ·
Fallout 3 was what got me into gaming as an adult. Loved it. Need to play it again before FO4 comes out. I was an avid collector of pre-war money and burned books. :)

FNV didn't impress me, but that was probably because I overconsumed it immediately at launch. I didn't benefit from any of the bug fixing patches. That made me want to throw my controller through my screen about every 15 minutes.

#46 ·
I picked up a PS4 around Thanksgiving but also put together a PC with triple monitor for iRacing. For the past couple of months I've spent most of my gaming time on the PC. Picked up Skyrim for $10 and have been replaying that multiple hours. Add in iRacing and GTA V on PC and nearly all of my gaming hours have been on my rig. Don't dislike the PS4 (for some reason miss the Xbox Live design) but nothing really keeps me interested in the PS4. At this point I'll probably pick up Fallout 4 for PC. I know I'll get Witcher 3 on PC. Never planned this but it happened anyway.

#49 ·
Loved Skyrim, easily put 200 hours into it. Fallout 3 was outstanding but I never finished New Vegas. Something was just "off" with it to me. Probably put 70-80 hours into it and burned myself out not too long after I got to the strip. Maybe spent too much time exploring and looting and it just wasn't a good time in my life to put 200 hours into a game.

Excited for this. Time for the graphics to improve, but then again, you aren't playing these games for the mind blowing visuals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.