AVS Forum banner

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

5K views 114 replies 37 participants last post by  drummernrg 
#1 · (Edited)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...than-drake-collection-out-october-9th-on-ps4/

Official site: http://unchartedthegame.com/uncharted_nathan_drake_collection.html#1

Releasing October 9th, includes the the first three games at 1080p and 60fps, no MP. Includes upgraded assets and lighting, new trophies, and "a range of other improvements". Remster is being handled by BluePoint who have done great work on other remasters (Ico/SoTC for one).

Also included will be exclusive access to the UC:4 MP Beta. Unspecified as of now when that will be and how long it will last.

Getting this day one, it will be a perfect way to refresh me on the series before UC4 drops next year!

#4 ·
Awesome news!! If MS really is only remastering the first Gears of War game -- they better reconsider (or price it accordingly). It's too bad there is no Uncharted 2 multiplayer, but with Uncharted 4 releasing in the 1st quarter of 2016, it's understandable.

#5 ·
Well abra-goddamn-cadabra...
- Victor Sullivan

Kinda like the GoW re-release I won't dive back into these myself but it's great for those who didn't have a chance to play these on the PS3. Great games, fun characters.

Any word if UC3 will include the original 3D mode? That was actually very well done and would be even more impressive at 1080P (or I technically I guess).

#9 · (Edited)
Kinda like the GoW re-release I won't dive back into these myself but it's great for those who didn't have a chance to play these on the PS3. Great games, fun characters.
Unlike the GoW re-release this is all three games instead of just the last. I'm not saying you have to get it because of that, but it's a pretty big difference. I would have very little interest in UC:3 for $40 like the GoW remaster.
Any word if UC3 will include the original 3D mode? That was actually very well done and would be even more impressive at 1080P (or I technically I guess).
No word yet, but with the state of 3D gaming today (marginalized at best) I would say probably not.

#6 ·
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...than-drake-collection-out-october-9th-on-ps4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfRZ1x2nbQ

Official site: http://unchartedthegame.com/uncharted_nathan_drake_collection.html#1

Releasing October 9th, includes the the first three games at 1080p and 60fps, no MP. Includes upgraded assets and lighting, new trophies, and "a range of other improvements". Remster is being handled by BluePoint who have done great work on other remasters (Ico/SoTC for one).

Also included will be exclusive access to the UC:4 MP Beta. Unspecified as of now when that will be and how long it will last.

Getting this day one, it will be a perfect way to refresh me on the series before UC4 drops next year!
It's arguably the greatest Video Game series ever created, I'll pop for a chance to play it at 1080 60FPS, with improved lighting, etc.

I'm in!

#7 ·
I've never played any of these games, but I've only heard wonderful things about the series as a whole. I think I'll be picking this up.

#20 ·
yeah, same. enjoyed the three games very much, esp the last 2 but I already did everything I wanted and platinum'd all three and have little interest playing again, or if I did, I could just pop it into the ps3. i am sure these will look a little nicer on ps4 but not worth the $$ or playing again.

for those who have never played this series before, this is great though!

#17 ·
I'm guessing Sony will try to sell this thing for $59.99 (might as well try... right...)

But what do you guys think is a fair price for a remaster collection ?

I did pay full pop for Master Chief Collection, but only because it was a Xmas gift for the kids. I normally would have waited for it to hit $29.99 or something. I honestly think $39.99 is a fair price for these remasters, but I totally understand why Sony and Microsoft would want to juice day 1 buyers for full pop.

#21 ·
I like the idea of having a complete collection on disc, but I also think they should break out the 3 games individually for separate download.

They could charge $24.99 for each game separately, if all you really want to play is just one of the 3 games. I'd say make it $19.99 or $14.99, but I know they would want to make a few extra bucks if they are going to allow them to be purchased ala carte.

#26 ·
I wonder if this will be a twin disc release. Seems difficult to imagine all three being remastered and fitting on a single disc, given the struggle they had with The Last of Us.

Even removing multiplayer and 3D cutscenes, and taking into account some likely commonality here with code that can be shared across the collection like the game engine, I don't see how it's going to happen.

I hope that there's not a huge day 1 patch.

#27 ·
I wonder if this will be a twin disc release. Seems difficult to imagine all three being remastered and fitting on a single disc, given the struggle they had with The Last of Us.
Interesting point. The games would all be ~20GB each with the original assets used and the 3D elements removed, and a dual-layer BD can only hold 50GB. Remastered assets are only going to increase the size. Either they'll need great compression or they may need to go to 2 discs.

- Jer

#28 · (Edited)
Ugh... more remasters. I know remasters have always been done each new generation but they seem to be more front and center this time, in expense of new games. At least it feels like it to me. Sony's biggest first party release last year was a remaster (TLoU) and now it looks like the same thing is happening this this year. I'm just getting bored with them, I didn't buy my PS4 to play last gen games. Sony is suppose to have the best first party games so, let's get rolling already, on new ones I mean. If this was still year one I'd understand more but, we are about to start year 3 and the first party slate is still really thin.

Yes, these are great games but I don't think I'll pay $60 for them. I'll wait until they are cheaper or free PS Plus games.

#29 ·
Ugh... more remasters. I know remasters have always been done each new generation but they seem to be more front and center this time, in expense of new games.
The difference this time is that a lot of people are coming to the PS4 from the 360, so there are PS3 exclusive franchises that they've never played. If you want them to get on board for PS4 sequels, giving them a way to play the earlier games on their current system helps. Or if they get sucked in by the sequel, they can go back and play the earlier ones afterward. Easy money for the publisher, and it serves a useful purpose.

But yes, it shouldn't be at the expense of new exclusive titles.

- Jer

#32 ·
I love the series but will pass. If this came out earlier I would have picked up, but the games are coming now and the fall and winter are likely going to have most of us busy. Sony has a lot of people who switched over from XBOX this gen though, so it should push some alright numbers. I have a handful of friends who have had to hear me come into work and rave about the Uncharted series over the years, and now they can actually see for themselves how great these games are.

#34 ·

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfRZ1x2nbQ

One of the best games. Highly recommended.

#35 ·

New Trophies and modes such as our Explorer, Speed Run, and Brutal Modes will invite long time adventurers to replay these classics while welcoming newcomers to discover Uncharted greatness.
Explorer Mode is an all-new mode for beginners where combat difficulty is reduced greatly.
Speed Run Mode adds a timer that allows players to track their gameplay time against their friends as they play sections of the game.
Brutal Difficulty Mode is the ultimate challenge as the gameplay will be more punishing than Crushing Difficulty (unlocked after beating Crushing Difficulty in the same game).
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...than-drake-collection-story-trailer-revealed/

#37 ·
Anyone know if you receive extra weapons for pre-ordering the disk or download?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#40 · (Edited)
Thanks...curious because I remember receiving a few extra items, i.e. Elephant gun, when I pre-ordered Far Cry 4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.