The Golf Club 2 announced! - release being aimed for 1Q 2017 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-14-2016, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 354
The Golf Club 2 announced! - release being aimed for 1Q 2017

Here is the annoucment: http://thegolfclubgame.com/2016/06/1...ent-dev-diary/

And the first preview:

I love TGC and can't wait for the new one. This will be a day one must buy for me!

This was posted by one of the dev in their forums:
Quote:
"... the author will be able to republish their old course into TGC2 with the push of the publish button if they want. If you want to make some changes or upgrades you can do that as well using all of the new tools. "
That's great news because it means some of the great courses in the current game can move to the new game pretty quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-15-2016, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I'm definitely going to be in the market for a golf game in 2017. Now I'm going to have to decide which though.

Even though nothing has been announced yet, it seemed fairly obvious from the beginning that EA was going to be on the "every other year" plan with Rory McIlroy PGA Tour just like they are with their UFC franchise. That means a new one should be out mid 2017. I passed on the first one as it was bare bones and looked awful with it's lack of features, but I'm hoping they learned their lesson and will deliver everything that has been added through patches into the new game at launch. Time will tell as that is EA we are talking about.

Any way, the Golf Club does look spectacular and I may be willing to give it a shot, but I just know I will miss the real licensed golfers and courses that the other game has. If this is truly coming out in Q1, then at least it will be out for a few months before the other is and I can weigh the options then.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2016, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1502 Post(s)
Liked: 463
I'm a little sad we have to buy a new one.

Don't wait Tom, GC is excellent. It's no "video game", don't expect shot assistance and all the other unreal junk EA has in their games (I have Tiger on the PS3 and Rory on the PS4), it is more like real golf.

I'd like to see GC2 be more multi-player friendly when everyone is in the same room. Store players, let them log in with their PS account, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page