AVS Forum banner

PS4 PRO Officially Announced - Supports 4K and HDR Gaming

53K views 2K replies 202 participants last post by  vipervick 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#77 ·
Did they mention mention the PS4 getting access to the Sony Ultra app? It has UHD HDR streaming of Sony titles.

#18 ·
Looks like everything we'd assumed so far, but still no word on a PS4 Pro's BD or UHD drive........and no Morpheus announce?

#21 ·
Really stupid move from Sony if they don't include an UHD drive in the PS4 Pro. I was waiting for this console to come out but without UHD drive it is a no buy for me!!!

#27 ·
Looks like Samsung is a winner here ... I mean, they seem to have the hold on the UHD drive market.

I really thought that the PS4.5 was gonna pull another PS3 and put out a UHD drive for this unit. I mean, how many people bought the PS3 just because of the BD drive? I know I did.

#39 ·
It is 10 years later not sure why anyone keeps comparing 2006 to today's options. Streaming took over what BR was supposed to do. BR still didn't take over DVD and UHD BR isn't going to do any better. Streaming continues to be the more popular option and it is obvious. AVS of course we care about the highest quality. 95 percent of consumers care about convenience. Streaming and Sound Bars are prime examples.

#28 ·
Yeah this announcement is a bit of a muddle for me. I threw down for the One S the second I heard it had a UHD drive in it. I had not purchased a UHD Player yet and for XBOX only had a 360. The only bummer was I did not do more research on whether the One S could bitstream so I get get Atmos etc.

I already have a PS4. So I do not need the slim/new standard model. If the PS4 Pro had an UHD drive I would have purchased it as well and sold my regular PS4. Then on my P50-C1 that I just got I would have all cases covered. 4k, HDR, 10 bit panel etc.

so now what. Yes I want to see official specs but if they left out UHD that seems strange. Sony pushed blu-ray hard with the PS3, I bought the second revsion of the PS3 because it could bitstream.

This seems like steps forward and back and a bit of a muddy message. With UHD Drive the Pro bests the One S with 'true 4k gaming' and would be in the same ball park as the Scorpio.

Hmmm.

This post has been deleted
#54 ·
Specs

Attachments

Reactions: DaverJ
#86 · (Edited)
:eek::eek::eek::eek: Power consumption up to 310 watts?!?!:eek::eek::eek:

Is that accurate? 310 watts?!?!?!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.