AVS Forum banner

PS4 (and Pro) HDR games thread - discuss

23K views 268 replies 64 participants last post by  DaverJ 
#1 · (Edited)
HDR games thread for PS4/Pro - discuss

This is the thread to discuss High Dynamic Range games, and playing them on Sony's consoles. Please subscribe! I'll update this OP when new information is available.

Currently available HDR games for PS4 and PS4 Pro:

• Assassin's Creed Origins
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: WWII
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Elder Scrolls Online
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Here They Lie
  • Hitman
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Hustle Kings
  • Infamous First Light
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Injustice 2
  • Knack 2
  • L.A. Noire
  • The Last of Us: Remastered (and Left Behind DLC)
  • The Last Guardian
  • Madden NFL 18
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Mantis Burn Racing
  • Matterfall
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • MLB The Show 17
  • Monster Hunter: World (beta)
  • NBA 2K17
  • NBA 2K18
  • Nex Machina
  • No Man's Sky
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (and Beginning Hour demo)
  • Resogun
  • The Surge
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • The Witness
  • WipEout Omega Collection
  • World of Tanks

Announced future HDR titles, or current games with HDR support coming soon:

• Days Gone
  • FIFA 18
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Spiderman
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Warframe

See less See more
#6 ·
I think BF1 is also slated to receive an HDR update too.
The only thing I can find for Battlefield 1 is a mention of a future HDR patch for the Xbox One - S. I assume that game has a relationship with Microsoft because it's currently a pack-in for the XB1-S console, so EA might not be able to announce anything for PS4 until that agreement is over...?

If details about Battlefield 1 HDR for PS4 can be verified, please post a link. Thanks!

#14 ·
Posted in the Pro thread, but relevent to this one:

Just dropping by to say The Witness has issues with HDR, which Jonathan Blow himself has confirmed

I started a battle tonight of trying to figure out what on earth was wrong with FF15's HDR mode. To which I seem to have discovered it is "crushing/clipping" whites

As noted in that topic a member mentioned people on AVSForum were having issues so while this is really a lurker account I'm just sharing findings on HDR and issues with the Pro/games.

edit: I can't post links due to less than 5 posts. Search on NeoGAF for these two topics

The Witness HDR implementation is completely broken on my TV

PS4 PRO: for best IQ (Native 4k + HDR + 60 HZ + 4:4:4) 2160p-YUV420 or 2160p-RGB?

#17 ·
#18 ·
Question - I have an older HDMI cable and it's a single run through cabinets (not my choice). In any case, I was pretty happy when I saw it passed 4k and HDCP 2.2 without issue per the PS4 Pro Video Output Information.

So.......how do I know that it will pass HDR? I don't have any of the games noted, so I'm guessing I'll download Resident Evil demo and try it? Will a message pop up stating I'm in HDR?

#23 ·
What TV do you have? The easiest way to to tell if HDR is working is if you get the HDR in-game options that aren't greyed out.

Some games ask if you want to switch on HDR, others automatically set it to on. So far Ratchet and Clank is the only game you really have no idea if HDR is working, except from checking your TV display. There's no in-game HDR menu options for R&C.

From NeoGAF:Nice to see what many considered to be the best launch title getting updated!
NICE! :cool: Thanks, added Resogun to future list.

#19 ·
This is the thread to discuss High Dynamic Range games, and playing them on Sony's consoles. Please subscribe! I'll update this OP when new information is available.

Currently available HDR games for PS4 and PS4 Pro:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops III (confirm?)
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • FIFA 17 (confirm?)
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Hustle Kings
  • Infamous First Light
  • Infamous Second Son
  • The Last of Us: Remastered (and Left Behind DLC)
  • The Last Guardian
  • NBA 2K17
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 7 Teaser Demo: Beginning Hour
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • The Witness
  • World of Tanks

Announced future HDR titles:

• Mantis Burn Racing (HDR support coming soon)
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Days Gone

Link to "What is HDR gaming?" (out of date info)
Link to how to set up HDR on your TV.
Link to similar thread in Xbox forum.

Any news on when the New Tomb Raider game will get a patch for HDR? I have the game but waiting to play it with HDR goodness!

#20 · (Edited)
From NeoGAF:
Just received an email from Housemarque this morning.

"Alongside Nex Machina we are also announcing a 4K/HDR update to Resogun.
Imagine all of the voxels, particle effects and the fast-paced action even in greater, more eye-candy indulged experience. No actual date to announce yet, but it should be coming soon enough."
Nice to see what many considered to be the best launch title getting updated!

Official link (Housemarque Blog): http://www.housemarque.com/nex-machina-announced-resogun-4khdr-coming/

#21 ·
From NeoGAF:Nice to see what many considered to be the best launch title getting updated!
Good God I'm pretty sure Resogun in HDR will cause my eyeballs to melt.

Reactions: Abaddon
#32 ·
Now that Sony announced Dolby Vision support for their flagship TVs will we see DV games this year as well? Mass Effect on PC has DV support I hope there's the option on the Pro. Also Sony is embracing Dolby Atmos with new sound bars and AVR. Perhaps we'll finally see games as well.

#33 ·
I thought they only announced one sound bar with Atmos capability? Their top of the line sound bar.

#37 · (Edited)
Sony announced one Atmos Soundbar. The HT-ST5000.

But Atmos soundbars are not new. What is new is that more manufacturers are coming out with them.

#42 ·
I really want to pick it up just so I can play it in HDR. For now I just keep playing bits of the Beginning Hour demo to get my fix of the RE world in HDR...

#51 ·
I know I was hoping it would have been there. But then I had expected it at the PS4 Pro launch if they had planned on including it. I know I wouldn't hold my breath for it. It seems like if they make the Ultra app available anywhere else, it will be on their Sony UHD BD players.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.