• 1 Post By bradman

post #1 of 23 Old 02-16-2017, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 38
PS4 Platinum headset thread

Did not see one made so thought I would make it. I just got my new headset tonight from Amazon. Upgrading from the Golds's I have had since launch day. Having an issue through with saving sound profiles. If you go and save them. Close the app and go back in. They are completely gone? I don't think they are even saving atm. I know Sony updated the app yesterday so I think this is a bug? Anyone else seeing this as well? I did see others complaining on Playstation forums. I even made a thread a few minutes ago about it. Also when saving sound profiles. Do you need to have the cable plugged in like the Gold's to do it? Or will it do it wireless now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-17-2017, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRn View Post
Did not see one made so thought I would make it. I just got my new headset tonight from Amazon. Upgrading from the Golds's I have had since launch day. Having an issue through with saving sound profiles. If you go and save them. Close the app and go back in. They are completely gone? I don't think they are even saving atm. I know Sony updated the app yesterday so I think this is a bug? Anyone else seeing this as well? I did see others complaining on Playstation forums. I even made a thread a few minutes ago about it. Also when saving sound profiles. Do you need to have the cable plugged in like the Gold's to do it? Or will it do it wireless now?
I have the Gold's, and they do sound great. What is the difference between the two?

SonyXBR75X940D #1 RIP due to power surge!
#2 940D is a dead! Bad panel! Screwed over by extended warranty company!
Next Z9D or A1E???
BDI Corridor 8179
Sony PS4 Pro
Nvidia Shield (2015)
post #3 of 23 Old 02-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardz View Post
I have the Gold's, and they do sound great. What is the difference between the two?
Bigger drivers for one; 50mm vs. 40mm.
brickyardz likes this.

post #4 of 23 Old 02-18-2017, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Wow I cant be the only one on this forum with this headset right now? As for the differences. Bigger drivers as mentioned.

Build quality much better (no more creaking like the Gold's drove me up the wall)
More comfortable imo compared to Gold's subjective though
3D sound
Noise canceling
2 Mics
Save up to 2 sound profiles wireless no more cord having to be plugged in like the Gold's.

They are $60 over priced. No way are they worth full retail. I got mine @amazon on sale for $131

Last edited by KoRn; 02-18-2017 at 09:14 PM.
post #5 of 23 Old 02-20-2017, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Be aware of button rattling. Its real and I have the issue myself. You are fine if you don't move your head around real crazy. But when you do. It is picked up by the mic and can be heard. I just read some Amazon reviews with other people talking about it. I seen someone on their 3rd set with the same results.
post #6 of 23 Old 02-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I saw the plats recently after one of the hinging mechanisms on my golds broke a couple of weeks ago. I have them taped up in the meantime. I can't believe how fragile they are.

The plats look just ok. If I can find them for $100 I'll pick up a pair. Probably later this year when there's some actual reviews in regard to their durability.

I'm most interested in how long of a charge the plats can hold. I get a solid 7-8 hours out of my golds. The plats are supposed to last longer.

I would rather Sony revise the existing gold headphones to either use the metal band like the plats, or stick with plastic and make them non-folding. Consoles get hardware revisions. No reason headphones can't get revised.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 23 Old 02-25-2017, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I cannot get this headset to charge with my pc like the Gold's. Common Sony. They say you can use other devices to charge them but its not working.
post #8 of 23 Old 02-27-2017, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

I'm wondering how these will fare against the plats:

http://www.plantronics.com/us/produc...fndtn-overview

Claims 24 hours of use in a full charge. The only thing I don't like is the mic boom. Do like rotary volume and the feature set seems comparable to Sony's offering. These are only stereo, though. I always use the vss function on the golds.

post #9 of 23 Old 03-07-2017, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone have this headset with no button rattles?
post #10 of 23 Old 03-12-2017, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 1217
I've got the platinums on launch day. I have the button rattles lol. I just stuck a small piece of tape over it and no more issue.... Not enough of an issue for me to do anything about it.

I say the gold are more comfortable personally . They also extend a bit more, length wise. I have a big tall head and have to kind bend the plats to fit. Though they are good now. There is decently a noticeable difference in sq between the gold's and plats. I also have the Astro a50s and honestly , they are much better than both. Though ease of hookup through the Sony's with the doggle is awesome .
I'm gonna pick up the platronics just to try out.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #11 of 23 Old 03-13-2017, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I've got the platinums on launch day. I have the button rattles lol. I just stuck a small piece of tape over it and no more issue.... Not enough of an issue for me to do anything about it.

I say the gold are more comfortable personally . They also extend a bit more, length wise. I have a big tall head and have to kind bend the plats to fit. Though they are good now. There is decently a noticeable difference in sq between the gold's and plats. I also have the Astro a50s and honestly , they are much better than both. Though ease of hookup through the Sony's with the doggle is awesome .
I'm gonna pick up the platronics just to try out.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the plantronics once you've received them.

post #12 of 23 Old 03-13-2017, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the plantronics once you've received them.

I had to order them though the US, so it will be 2 weeks before I get them. Ordered yesterday.

post #13 of 23 Old 03-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I had to order them though the US, so it will be 2 weeks before I get them. Ordered yesterday.
No worries. Thanks for the heads up.

post #14 of 23 Old 04-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Just checking to see if you ever received these and have had chance to use them.

post #15 of 23 Old 04-03-2017, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post
Just checking to see if you ever received these and have had chance to use them.

Oh ya, I forgot about this lol. Yes I did get them, they are pretty good though they are lacking in the bass department.
I'd say they sound a bit better Tha tbe plats but the lack of bass is kind of a killer lol.
The Astros A50s still are head and shoulders better than both IMO.

post #16 of 23 Old 04-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Oh ya, I forgot about this lol. Yes I did get them, they are pretty good though they are lacking in the bass department.
I'd say they sound a bit better Tha tbe plats but the lack of bass is kind of a killer lol.
Thanks man. That's unfortunate to hear. As these seem truly wireless for PS4 and boast a 24hr battery, I had high hopes for them. I think I'll stick with my golds for now. :|

post #17 of 23 Old 04-03-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The battery life on mine seems to peak around 18-20 hours. It seems to depend on if youre using the chat or not. That could be the difference I guess, I dunno. Lol
They sound pretty good but even the gold's have better bass. After I got them, I realized that's a common complaint.
If my Astros had better battery life, I'd just get 3 sets but man they suck for that.

post #18 of 23 Old 04-04-2017, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
I've been on the quest for a decent headset. Been going through reviews on sites, youtube, you name it. There never seems to be one that ticks all the boxes from comfort, to build quality, to sound quality and mic quality.

I stayed away from the Sony as so many complained about the headset band snapping. The Gold's. I had read about the Platinum lacking in bass. Read about the Astro A50 and again, too many complained it was far too bass-y in between the poor mic.

The Platinum looks really nice but I like bass but not too much bass. Despise boy racer bass that so many seem to crave.

I think I'm going to go for the Steelseries Siberia 800 since it has the bass for the presets and all the EQ adjustments. Or flat profile. Currently have the Turtle Beach 520 Stealth. It has a good mic but I feel the headphones are too bass-y/thundery as I'm stuck with garbage presets. Bass boost, bass and treble boost, voice boost or natural sound.

Plus I like the fact you can pop out batteries on the Siberia 800 while one is always on charge.

The Tritton Katana sounded good with it being HDMI but lots of complaints of sound cutting in and out. So many issues with so many headsets to poor support. :/
post #19 of 23 Old 04-04-2017, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have had great luck with my gold's. I have 2 sets currently that I alternate in my upstairs ps4. The people that break them must be really rough or something. Mine are going on 3 years and no issues with either.
I personally think the gold's are more comfortable than the plats but a long shot. I have a tall head and the plats are almost not big enough but the gold are perfect .
I just lent my platronics to my nephew last night, so he's gonna try them out and maybe buy them off me, since I just lien to try different stuff anyways lol

post #20 of 23 Old 05-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 22
For the golds.. Do you have to reload the sound setting, every time you turn it back on? I think I read it here, in a different thread.
post #21 of 23 Old 05-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclayton View Post
For the golds.. Do you have to reload the sound setting, every time you turn it back on? I think I read it here, in a different thread.
No. Sound settings are retained.

post #22 of 23 Old 05-17-2017, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 247
I have a pair of the Gold headphones. Very comfortable and nice sound by the material used to line the cups is really cheap and started to peel and flake away after a few months. Is the lining on the Platinums the same material?
post #23 of 23 Old 05-18-2017, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post
I have a pair of the Gold headphones. Very comfortable and nice sound by the material used to line the cups is really cheap and started to peel and flake away after a few months. Is the lining on the Platinums the same material?

It seems like the same fake leather material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page