SONY PS2 Test PAL Vs HDTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2005, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recently I acquired PS2 Test debugging unit and when I received it turns out to be PAL PS2 Test with 110VAC PSU from factory. I though all PAL territories use either 220 or 240VAC?
Have tested it with my collection of US/JP/PAL PS2 and PS titles via composite connection with no obvious visual defects apart from FMV shown pushed to top left corner a bit - have similar issue running NTSC DC titles on chip'd PAL DC...

anyway I'd like to know if anyone tried to connect via the component/YUV cable to their HDTV and notice any anomaly running various region disc. This really applies to those in PAL land as from what I can find PS2 Test output PS2 titles according to their region coding - i.e. US/JP PS2 titles will output NTSC/60 while PAL PS2 titles will output PAL/50. My main concern is with PS titles. Apparently regardless the region of titles all PS titles when running on PAL PS2 Test will output PAL/60? Is it true? I've searched on various search engines but there aren't many link/information on PS2 Test unit and what I can find only covers basic spec and mainly for NTSC PS2 Test unit.

TIA