Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 35 Old 01-20-2005, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The screens I saw in the magazine didnt look as good as those they look nice what is the second pic of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-21-2005, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Forsyth
The screens I saw in the magazine didnt look as good as those they look nice what is the second pic of?
I believe the second pic is of NBA Street.

A little bit hipper than Crockett and Tubbs...
post #33 of 35 Old 01-21-2005, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Ah.... today is payday. Time to go to EB Games and put my $20 down on a PSP. :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Komoto
I'm all over it. I've been wanting to get into portable gaming for a long time, but the GBA didn't really do much for me, and every time I'd go try to convince myself I wanted one by browsing the GBA racks, I was always left uninspired by their titles. I'm just not much of a nintendo retrogamer.

I've never had a playstation or ps2, so it'll be nice to have an 'almost ps2' in a nice form factor with great widescreen support.

I'm a pc gamer and I've been pretty anti-ps2 on these boards, but if you display the stretched textures and big chunky aliasing of the ps2 on a huge screen, it just turns me off. But if you display it on a small handheld screen, suddenly the aliasing isn't so noticeable, nor the texturing tricks. I think the ps2 is a perfect handheld solution.

You folks talking about immersion....I can get immersed in a small paperback novel, on a bus in midtown traffic, I've missed my stop plenty of times when I lived in the city, simply because I was reading a good page-turner.

With an engrossing game, sure. The psp has a good screen to get immersed in.
And I am with Komoto... I think my genuine excitement is for the fact that there is a portable gaming device that looks like it has fairly decent graphics. I am typically a PC gamer, and rarely touch a console. Yet, this looks like great potential, especially as an all over media player. Sure, it won't replace my iPod, but I most definately look forward towards the price drop on 1 and 2 GB memory sticks (Sony's bain on society) and I will be able to rip some video to watch on the go.

A little bit hipper than Crockett and Tubbs...
post #34 of 35 Old 01-21-2005, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkhound
Ah.... today is payday. Time to go to EB Games and put my $20 down on a PSP. :D

And I am with Komoto... I think my genuine excitement is for the fact that there is a portable gaming device that looks like it has fairly decent graphics. I am typically a PC gamer, and rarely touch a console. Yet, this looks like great potential, especially as an all over media player. Sure, it won't replace my iPod, but I most definately look forward towards the price drop on 1 and 2 GB memory sticks (Sony's bain on society) and I will be able to rip some video to watch on the go.
Lately I gotta admit that all I've been using the PSP for is video watching. At my job, there's about a 2 hour break where we do nothing, and it can get boring. Now I just put a couple of episodes of scrubs into my PSP and watch them on my down time. I'm also waiting on the 1 gig stick for that reason. Having a good movie to fill the entire 2 hours would be awesome, and I can picture myself renting movies simply to rip them to my PSP for work.

Don't think of it as screendoor, it's more like an infinite game of tic tac toe.
post #35 of 35 Old 01-21-2005, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Forsyth
Darknight is right, it's NBA Street. I showed those pics because of EA's statement, but there are other titles that look very good. Ridge Racers looks great, the environments are so well done that I'm convinced that GT4 will look very close to it's console counterpart. The thing I'm reading more of in interviews is that these games retain the core elements of the console titles, but the developers are adding all sorts of minigames for quick gaming sessions. Like NBA and NFL street have minigames that only last a couple of minutes each (like 3 point shootouts). Tiger Woods has a vs. mode where you play games like H.O.R.S.E check out Mercury, the puzzle game scheduled for launch. Mercury

Don't think of it as screendoor, it's more like an infinite game of tic tac toe.
Closed Thread PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page