I have the new slim PStwo so it should have progressive scan dvd playing. I went into the system configuration menu and changed the screen to 16:9 and the digital output to on but when I throw in a DVD(i've tried numerous) it always loads in 480i! Its getting frustrating. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys can offer. This is a great forum I just recently stumbled upon.
what do I do in the menu? I saw a thread that just said to start up a dvd, push stop, then go select the 16:9 screen size and then hit play again. I tried that and its still in 480i. Oh the tv is a 26 inch Sharp LC Aquos.
On my playstation 2 this is how I get 480p output from memory.
1. Start PS2 with no disk in.
2. Navigate to Screen Aspect and choose 16:9
3. Put in DVD video disc
4. When the movie plays press stop
5. Use the OSD menus and navigate to "setup"
6. In those menus you can set widescreen mode and progressive output to ON.