PS2 not working? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-08-2005, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Whenever I put a game disc or a DVD I hear a clicking noise and get a reading disc error. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something I can fix myself? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Mike , common problem with PS2 units [ I have had one or two that did it myself ] .

--- Best thing to do is call Sony and see if it gets you anywhere [ some people have had luck in getting Sony to fix it ;) ] .

--- If all else fails you can try to buy a new laser assembly and install it yourself .

------ Best of Luck ,
-------- Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 02-08-2005, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
http://www.gameconsolerepair.com/GCR...et=default.asp

Game Console Repair forum. you have to wade through alot of crap, but it will help you get your PS2 running again. i've fixed about 10 PS2's based on the info there.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2005, 03:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Yep , good source of info and here is a Quote from a GCR forum member .

Quote : "If your PS2 is giving disk read errors and you have not modded it or
physically abused it phone 1-800-345-7669 and explain the problem to the
Sony rep and they will tell you where to send it for a free fix.You only
have to pay postage to send it to them and if the warranty sticker is gone it doesn't matter.They say it will be fixed in 7 to 10 working days after receiving it.Worked for me, my ps2 works like it was brand new."

--------- Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

Closed Thread PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page