post #31 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetz View Post

Ok, well I just rebooted the console and now it all works fine!

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay221 View Post

Is 1080i really that bad from 1080p? Will you really notice it?

Read this....

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6661274-1.html

Not that I'm saying cnet is steller with their analysis on current technology, but the article will give you some good info.

forum tennis, look right.........................................forum tennis, look left
post #33 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Can anyone tell my why NBA 2k7 doesn't run at 1080p? I have the PS3 set on that, but it kicks it down to 720p when I run the game.

PSN - nnarum
post #34 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 06:50 PM

Liked: 10
I am getting a "popping" sound while attempting to watch any Sony BluRay discs. Kingdom of Heaven brings up a DTS-ES soundtrack and sounds great, but Talledega Nights, Underworld and Black Hawk Down all contain PCM soundtracks. I'm not sure why PCM would be giving me this chronic "popping" during playback but any advice would be helpful.

Gear:
Denon 3802
PS3 hooked up via Component and Optical
'Bitstream' selected in the XMB

Thanks in advance.
post #35 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetz View Post

Ok, well I just rebooted the console and now it all works fine!

Ok, I can confirm that is the problem. It works fine as long as I don't play a Blu-Ray movie. After I play the Blu-Ray then the sound doesn't work out of the optical output for games....until I restart the system.
post #36 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 07:37 PM

you guys try updating to firmware 1.10?
post #37 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneedo View Post

you guys try updating to firmware 1.10?

First thing I did after turning on the system. I think my audio started messing up after I threw a BD disc in to check it out as well.
post #38 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 08:59 PM

Brand new games and blue ray movies are skipping lilke mad on my PS3. WTF?! I havn't yet been able to play 1 game or movie successfully on this thing. All bluerays and all 3 games i got skip like mad. Thank you Sony. You Fups.
post #39 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Irenicus View Post

You've quoted me out of context. I was refering to the Westinghouse LVM 42W2

I think what happened was you though I was referring to the Westy when you qouted me when I was qouting the XBR1 right above the Westy post. The XBR1 cannot recieve 1080P

The 5.0 is here
post #40 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 10:01 PM

hey guys,
i recently bought a ps3, and tried hooking it up to the HDMI ports in the back of my TV (sony qualia 006), and nothing shows up! when i use the stock cables that sony gave me, the red whte and yellow cords, it works fine! The HD cable hooked up to the back of my TV apparently does nothing for me as it doesnt show or play andything, even audio. Please let me know if there is a way for me to put my TV in HDMI input recognition mode, or anything. ALL HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!! THANKSSSSS
post #41 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkiarash View Post

hey guys,
i recently bought a ps3, and tried hooking it up to the HDMI ports in the back of my TV (sony qualia 006), and nothing shows up! when i use the stock cables that sony gave me, the red whte and yellow cords, it works fine! The HD cable hooked up to the back of my TV apparently does nothing for me as it doesnt show or play andything, even audio. Please let me know if there is a way for me to put my TV in HDMI input recognition mode, or anything. ALL HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!! THANKSSSSS

You have to go into display settings and enable HDMI output.
post #42 of 2925 Old 11-17-2006, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Hetz
Ok, I can confirm that is the problem. It works fine as long as I don't play a Blu-Ray movie. After I play the Blu-Ray then the sound doesn't work out of the optical output for games....until I restart the system.

Same here. First I played a game, sound was fine. Then I watched a movie, sound was fine. Then I switched back to a game, and no sound. I turned the console to standby and then turned it back on, and everything was fine. I did not have to power it down completely by using the back switch. Otherwise my PS3 was working fine for the past 7 hours non stop. Very quiet and didn't generate too much heat.

PSN: UndeadREDD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #43 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 01:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone View Post

Same here. First I played a game, sound was fine. Then I watched a movie, sound was fine. Then I switched back to a game, and no sound. I turned the console to standby and then turned it back on, and everything was fine. I did not have to power it down completely by using the back switch.

Yup. Looks like we all had to figure that one out. After playing a Blu-Ray movie, it seems that the system needs to be rebooted (just a soft-reboot with the controller) before games will play sound properly.
post #44 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 01:24 AM

Same here - using HDMI -> DVI for video and digital optical for audio. Nice one Sony. Funny thing is I JUST ran into this problem AS I was reading this thread, heh.
post #45 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
So I've read elsewhere that several people are having problems with their PS3 locking up...so far, mine has locked up 3 times. Anyone else?

Any word from Sony on this?

XBOX
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| PS4 - Hyperplasia
post #46 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

I gleaned something from the instructions last night I haven't heard before:

If you hold down the eject button for 10 seconds it will "force" the disc to eject.
post #47 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangs55 View Post

So I've read elsewhere that several people are having problems with their PS3 locking up...so far, mine has locked up 3 times. Anyone else?

I've had 1 lockup so far. It happened when I was setting up a PS2 memory card on the HDD. Probably had my PS3 on for about 12 hours yesterday total.
post #48 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I feel for you, but you know what they will say, don't you? Aka nothing you want to hear. When you call them remind them that MS when the 360 was first released had immediate turnaround and hold them to that standard and when they say they don't have any to swap out because them sold them all (MS did as well), tell them they're not so bright for not keeping 10,000 or so back for replacements.
post #49 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mine was on from 10pm to 11:45am this morning. No lockups. Hate to hear anyone having problems.
post #50 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Well guys I hate to admit it but my PS3 is dead! I played it for a couple of hours then turned it off, about 30-45 minutes later I went to play a movie and no go. Im getting a red blinking light. I read the book on this and the manual states that it overheated and to press the button so that the red light stops blinking and stays solid, after it cools it is supposed to turn green and the system will run again. My system never ran again. The light will turn green for about two seconds and the fans will turn on,then it will beep and go back to a blinking red light. That was last night and this is today so it obviously it had all night to cool off. I called Sony and they said they will send a box and that I am to include: PS3, controller, AV cord, USB cord, power cord and eithernet cord. They said it would take 3-4 days for the empty box to arrive and 3-4 days after they receive it for them to send me a completely new unit. Thats right a COMPLETELY NEW UNIT, not the original repaired.
post #51 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

I am upset of course but I prefer the way they are handling this, then the way MS
did me with my Xbox360. I am getting a one year warranty straight out the box
not a 6month warranty like with the xbox, and instead of resending me the faulty
unit they send me a completely new unit.
post #52 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidme View Post

Well guys I hate to admit it but my PS3 is dead! I played it for a couple of hours then turned it off, about 30-45 minutes later I went to play a movie and no go. Im getting a red blinking light. I read the book on this and the manual states that it overheated and to press the button so that the red light stops blinking and stays solid, after it cools it is supposed to turn green and the system will run again. My system never ran again. The light will turn green for about two seconds and the fans will turn on,then it will beep and go back to a blinking red light. That was last night and this is today so it obviously it had all night to cool off. I called Sony and they said they will send a box and that I am to include: PS3, controller, AV cord, USB cord, power cord and eithernet cord. They said it would take 3-4 days for the empty box to arrive and 3-4 days after they receive it for them to send me a completely new unit. Thats right a COMPLETELY NEW UNIT, not the original repaired.

I've had my system on for over 24 hours constantly downloading demo's and things...It hasn't given me any trouble. I also copeid a CD and a bunch of pictures and movies onto the system using a Sandisk mem reader with no problem..And had the Picture slidshow with music playing for at least 3 hours so my wife could see it when she got home. I have my system upright...Most people who are having issues seem to have the system flat/horizontal..
post #53 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felgar View Post

Yup. Looks like we all had to figure that one out. After playing a Blu-Ray movie, it seems that the system needs to be rebooted (just a soft-reboot with the controller) before games will play sound properly.

THat is strange, I haven't ran into that problem yet. I played Ricky Bobby Blu-Ray and went back to play all the demo's and the machine is still runnng...Are you guys having problems with playing a game disc after playing a Blu-Ray movie? If so, I haven't tried that yet since I have no game discs..
post #54 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I am upset of course but I prefer the way they are handling this, then the way MS
did me with my Xbox360. I am getting a one year warranty straight out the box
not a 6month warranty like with the xbox, and instead of resending me the faulty
unit they send me a completely new unit.

They always send you a different unit from microsoft. My console replacement had a different serial #.

Xbox 360 gamertag: Cdub998
PSN: cdub998
post #55 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That sucks. Yours is the first case I've heard of a completely dead unit. They seem to be handling it pretty well though. Let us know how it goes.
post #56 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

I didnt have any problems up to this point, It played Blu-Rays perfectly, I installed the update first thing and it went smoothly. I played Resistence FOM and was hooked, No slow downs or skipping as others have reported.I did have mine laying flat and after the problem happened I tried relocating it away from my AV receiver and stood it upright. That didnt change things as it was aready dead. I even tried sitting it outside for an hour last night so that the cool air could get too it but that didnt help. I have a Bush metal and glass console that is wide open and had my PS3 at least 4" away from the receiver. They told me that they would be sending me a completely different unit but being that the are so short on systems Im kinda scrathing my head on that one. We will see, I will let everyone know how long it takes and if I get a different unit.
post #57 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

"They always send you a different unit from microsoft. My console replacement had a different serial #. "

This must be a new policy as they were sending my exact unit back each time. I had to do
it twice within a period of two months, that is why I got rid of my 360.
post #58 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Just some pics for proof
LL
LL
post #59 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fox View Post

Same here - using HDMI -> DVI for video and digital optical for audio. Nice one Sony. Funny thing is I JUST ran into this problem AS I was reading this thread, heh.

I have the same tv as you and use HDMI-->DVI from my cable box. I was going to use component anyway out of the PS3 when I get one. What is your issue?
post #60 of 2925 Old 11-18-2006, 12:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:

"They always send you a different unit from microsoft. My console replacement had a different serial #. "

This must be a new policy as they were sending my exact unit back each time. I had to do
it twice within a period of two months, that is why I got rid of my 360.

I cant believe nobody else has picked up on this.. but maybe the problem is you..

or your setup..

Your 360 kept dying.. even though it was fixed, tested, replaced or whatever.. and as much as you complain and bytch about its MS fault.. you get a PS3 and dies on the same day..

Something is really wrong with this picture.. maybe your outlets are outputting the incorrect voltage or something.. seriously..

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page