Hello, I just got a PS3 and the lack of good documentation in the box is depressing. It seems like the system has all this potential and power but its tricky to actually unlock it!
I have a couple questions off the top of my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1. Does anyone have media server working with WMP11 + Actiontec M1424WR router from FiOS? I have had minor problems with that router on 360... just want to see if I need to do anything special to get the media server working.
2. Friends list... I can see the person's icon, what game they are playing, and... that's it. I know the network isn't as robust as the 360 but is that all there really is to it? The profile section lists ID, Online Name (can you set an online name different from the ID you set when you made the account), and language.
3. "in-game XMB"... is this a pipe dream or what? PS button just gives me Quit Game, Turn off System/Controllers, etc. Do games normally use your friends list at the least or are most games now still on the seperate friends list thing?
4. Motorstorm, Warhawk... do I really have to click through the EULA *every time* I play? They can't be serious can they?
5. I have it set to 1080p but I have read some games are superior in 720p. Does the system upscale to your selected resolution automatically or just display in native res no matter what it is set to (sort of like the 360)? I thought an advantage of consoles was avoiding fussy resolution nonsense. Are there per-game profiles at the least?
I think its an awesome system, but clearly some of this user-friendly stuff needs work.