PS3 problems and setup issues thread! - Page 80 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2371 of 2925 Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all, thanks for the quick reply. Now that i have no hope of my baby living, i can seek to repair it quickly when it dies. But besides that, my friend plays my ps3 for hours on my other games. Its just the RPG games with big cinema that freezes it. I take fairly good care of my ps3 (wiping the fans and etc from dust) so is it possible that i could just play like the FPS online games that i have without it dying? (those games we play for hours on end with nothing gone wrong)
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2925 Old 05-02-2010, 12:46 PM

DLNA error 2101 repaired.
I was getting this error for a few weeks since I got my PS3 slim 250 GB.
It is connected to a Linksys 350N Router wirelessly with a USB external Hard Drive connected to the router.
I read on one forum that I should use the Wireless-G Only Network settings under the Basic Wireless Settings.
Previously, I was using the Mixed settings before as I do have one N type PC in my network.
So far no DLNA errors and I can always access the USB drive (server).
post #2373 of 2925 Old 05-06-2010, 07:47 AM

Looking for opinions on this:

My ps3 is in a never ending cycle of turning itself on, staying on for 10minutes or so, then shutting itself off, immediately turning back on (it doesn't even display the standby red light when shutting off, just the blue/green) and rinse and repeat. I have to turn off the back power switch or it would just do this all day long. When i flip the switch on, the system immediately turns itself on (the "on" beep and the light turns from red to blue/green).

No sign of yellow lights, and when it is on for the short duration, everything is accessible and works, been online gaming, chatting with mic, disc insert/eject, etc. Fan speed is normal as before.

I should mention it got a little wet a few days ago along with the controllers from leaving it by a window and a brief storm came through when I wasn't home. When I got home it was on somewhow, maybe from being shorted from the rain I don't know.

Soooooooooo, is it just still wet inside and acting up and I need to be more patient, power supply issue working intermittently, or are my contollers shorted out and are acting like the PS button(s) are being pressed?

Thanks in advance!
post #2374 of 2925 Old 05-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Is there any way to unpair the controllers? That would be the easiest way to check.
post #2375 of 2925 Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jremy510 View Post

Is there any way to unpair the controllers? That would be the easiest way to check.

I am now eliminating the controllers being my problem because I just took the ps3 about a mile away from my apt. and plugged it in there, and it still immediately turns itself on when I turn on the back power switch.

Hmmmm now for a couple rounds of purging in the antechamber of the glove box, maybe even overnight. I hope this works
post #2376 of 2925 Old 05-08-2010, 01:57 PM

My ps3 is stuck on NAT type 3.....I am unfortunately a hughesnet user with a linksys wrt120n router. Hughesnet refuses to help me bridge my modem, I was hoping somebody could help. Let me know how or even if i can do it myself, from what i read my only other option is to get a static ip address which hughesnet wants to charge me for, so before I fork over any cash to em I'd like to make sure it's my last resort. Thanks in advance for the help!
post #2377 of 2925 Old 05-08-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_kan View Post

stuck on NAT type 3.

Don't know what hughesnet is....satellite?

Can you create a DMZ? Give us some more info, details.
post #2378 of 2925 Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcus28 View Post

it got a little wet

water + electronics == breakage

symptoms: random -- from completely borked to brain damaged

In or out of warranty? Send it in if it's under warranty.

Take it apart and put a hair dryer to it and let it dry out for a week.
Re-assemble and see what happens, no improvements; send it in.
post #2379 of 2925 Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_kan View Post

My ps3 is stuck on NAT type 3.....I am unfortunately a hughesnet user with a linksys wrt120n router. Hughesnet refuses to help me bridge my modem, I was hoping somebody could help. Let me know how or even if i can do it myself, from what i read my only other option is to get a static ip address which hughesnet wants to charge me for, so before I fork over any cash to em I'd like to make sure it's my last resort. Thanks in advance for the help!

You have to give more info.
Is router wired to PS3 or wireless?
What is connected from satellite and all in-between to the PS3
( list everything connected in order )
I have info posted here that might help if you know how to set up router.
Most problems people have are in forums just search
It was 40 post back in this discussion.
Read before posting will save time.

PSN ID mitzman

post #2380 of 2925 Old 05-18-2010, 11:12 AM

Hi everybody,

I've a problem with the Samsung Monitor XL2370.

I belive that it doesn't recognize the ps3...I tried everything i could:
- ps3 reset. (at the 2nd beep)
- ps3 system recovery (in the recovery menu)
- I've connected ps3 to my frined's lcd, putting the right hdmi settings.
- I've tried to change the PC/AV settings.
- I've tried an DVI to HDMI cable.

The weird thing is that the ps3 works fine on my friend's tv, and the XL2370 works with my PC (with the same hdmi cable...)

I can't find the problem, I can't hear the audio neither...
I didn't try to connect the ps3 with an RGB cable to my friend's tv, and I tought that a DVI classic cable will not solve my problem neither.

PS. Sorry for my bad english!
post #2381 of 2925 Old 05-18-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_man View Post

water + electronics == breakage

symptoms: random -- from completely borked to brain damaged

In or out of warranty? Send it in if it's under warranty.

Take it apart and put a hair dryer to it and let it dry out for a week.
Re-assemble and see what happens, no improvements; send it in.

I don't have patience so I opened it up for the 1st time ever (brand new in June '07) and broke the seal. This is the 1st time I have ever seen a ps3 opened

It was dry inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT.................it was wet for atleast a few days because water dripped out of it when I picked it up

So, it appears the when the dust inside got wet, it turned in to sticky gunk-like stuff in sections of the motherboard. I honestly thought the motherboard was burnt in these sections that's what it looked like...until I took some foam-tipped applicators w/ elcetronics grade methanol (it was on hand so why not and it all started to come up. Took a while to do a thorough job.

And since I was in there, I replaced the thermal paste. I did not do any heat gun action anywhere because I have not encountered any ylod or it's symptoms up to this point.

Anyways I put it all back together and turn on switch........NOTHING.

Pop the hood once more, and realise I forgot to plug in the blu-ray clip (that or the power supply I don't recall) and voila, everything back to normal. No more cycling itself on/off. I am going to guess my problem was a "gunked up" motherboard, probably shorting itself out somewhere.

Anyhow it's been about a 15hrs over a two session period thus far, and all seems normal

Time will tell, time will tell............
post #2382 of 2925 Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm sure things like this are posted all the time, but I'd really l ike to know if theres anything I can do about this.

I recently bought a new monitor/tv from newegg
LG M2362D-PM Glossy Black 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD TV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 50000:1

Hooked my ps3 into it with HDMI and the home pages and menu look great, but when I load up games, there is a severe jaggedness to many of them. The infamous demo for example is near unplayable with not a smooth edge in sight, games like Uncharted 2 (which look incredibly smooth from everything I've seen) are playged with boxy flickering outlines on most objects.

I've tried setting it to each individual resoultion from the display settings in the PS3 as well as tinkering with screen settings however few there really may be. (Although I am curious to know if people leave on sharpness or turn it off - although the image gets really blurry around 20-30).

Metal Gear Solid 4 looks the best of the bunch, with only really the occsaional jagged edge during the in game cut scenes and a few at distance objects but that's pretty normal and I'm not complaining about it.

I tried hooking up the av cable that COMES with the ps3 but for some reason when I switch to it the screen is REALLY fuzzy, blurry (even at the home screen text) and it simply will not allow me to up the resoultion past standard ntsc (if I try it goes to no signal).

If nothing else I wouldn't mind trying to figure out what's wrong with the standard yellow/white/red connection so I can switch games between HDMI and the other one depending on what they look best in, but I really wouldn't mind knowing if I"m missing something with the HDMI connection.

Any help is great, thanks.

Edit: So, I got Red Dead Redemption looking at other people play it on their ps3s and it looks fantastic. The first starting town for me though... it's anything but smooth. And anything NOT on top of me is completely blurred and jagged and I could scream. Bah.
post #2383 of 2925 Old 06-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Have had this issue a few times but have only fixed it but getting a little frustrated now. My PS3 has a blank screen and when I try to reset it, it remains blank. However when I use another TV with the same cord or the original composite cord it works. I have tried the resetting solution but still nothing with the HDMI. Any solutions that you know of that I haven't tried
post #2384 of 2925 Old 06-01-2010, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubble View Post

I'm sure things like this are posted all the time, but I'd really l ike to know if theres anything I can do about this.

I recently bought a new monitor/tv from newegg
LG M2362D-PM Glossy Black 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD TV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 50000:1

Hooked my ps3 into it with HDMI and the home pages and menu look great, but when I load up games, there is a severe jaggedness to many of them. The infamous demo for example is near unplayable with not a smooth edge in sight, games like Uncharted 2 (which look incredibly smooth from everything I've seen) are playged with boxy flickering outlines on most objects.

I've tried setting it to each individual resoultion from the display settings in the PS3 as well as tinkering with screen settings however few there really may be. (Although I am curious to know if people leave on sharpness or turn it off - although the image gets really blurry around 20-30).

Metal Gear Solid 4 looks the best of the bunch, with only really the occsaional jagged edge during the in game cut scenes and a few at distance objects but that's pretty normal and I'm not complaining about it.

I tried hooking up the av cable that COMES with the ps3 but for some reason when I switch to it the screen is REALLY fuzzy, blurry (even at the home screen text) and it simply will not allow me to up the resoultion past standard ntsc (if I try it goes to no signal).

If nothing else I wouldn't mind trying to figure out what's wrong with the standard yellow/white/red connection so I can switch games between HDMI and the other one depending on what they look best in, but I really wouldn't mind knowing if I"m missing something with the HDMI connection.

Any help is great, thanks.

Edit: So, I got Red Dead Redemption looking at other people play it on their ps3s and it looks fantastic. The first starting town for me though... it's anything but smooth. And anything NOT on top of me is completely blurred and jagged and I could scream. Bah.

Your missing HD when not using hdmi. The "standard yellow/white/red connection " is only for 480i. The manual is your friend.

Kagolu
post #2385 of 2925 Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagolu View Post

Your missing HD when not using hdmi. The "standard yellow/white/red connection " is only for 480i. The manual is your friend.

Yes, but you seemed to miss the rest of the post. The ONLY reason I tried the other cables (although I fixed that issue switching to component rather than the default what came with it) was because the HDMI suffers from aliasing degradation it seems. Things seem much more jagged. Shrug. I don't have ANYWHERE near the smoothness I see others having.
post #2386 of 2925 Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 PM

Alright boys... Been scratching my head on this one for a while.

I've got my PS3 running into my Onkyo SR606 via HDMI. It seemed like it worked fine outputting 1080p for a while, but in the last month, the PS3 won't display any 1080p content. I have the Onkyo HDMI set to "through". I've tried turning off and then on the BD 24 frame rate on the PS3, but it doesn't matter what setting, it just won't display 1080p.

1080i displays fine, but when I try to force the PS3 to display 1080p, it completely loses signal.

I tried swaping cables, and different HDMI ports on the Onkyo, but get the same result.

Everything works fine plugging the PS3 directly into the TV (Sammy LED).

Any ideas here?

Thanks in advance!
post #2387 of 2925 Old 06-17-2010, 03:20 PM

presumably you already did, but check the vid output settings on the ps3 to verify 1080p still shows up as A) available and B) is checked?

Try unchecking all resolutions except 1080p?

If 1080p works fine when connected directly to TV, sounds like it's an avr issue -- not ps3. Maybe post the issue in the avr forum to see if other Onkyo owners have any ideas re: your specific model?

(out of curiosity, what media are you trying to play? games? dvds? brs?)

I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'.
post #2388 of 2925 Old 06-19-2010, 02:47 PM

Well, the issue ended up being with my receiver. The thing just simply stopped outputting 1080p. My PS3 is mainly used for blu rays, so the 1080p is highly important.

Had an exchange warranty, so I've now got the HT RC160, and once again, all is right with the world!
post #2389 of 2925 Old 06-26-2010, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,

I've been having trouble with my internet connection. I connect wirelessly with a WEP key. I previously had no problems, but recently I've been getting very slow or no internet connectivity. This started around the same time I got a new cable modem (added VOIP and needed an upgraded modem), though I can't be sure that it was exactly the same time. Also I am using the same router with the same settings before and after the new modem.

When I test the connection I get a IP address, USUALLY succeed when checking the internet connection, but sometimes fail, about 50/50 when checking the Playstation Network, the other items succeed, and the Speed test comes back around 1MB down, <1MB up. When I run a speed test with my PC (also wireless) I get >10MB down and 2-5MB up.

I've opened the ports I saw you mention on another thread, but I'm still having these issues. My ISP claims because I'm getting good connection on my PC the problem is not the modem.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #2390 of 2925 Old 06-28-2010, 05:24 AM

I have a launch PS3 that I really don't use very often. Yesterday I tried to turn it on to watch a Blu-Ray. Nothing. No lights, no anything. Toggled the back main power a few times, I changed outlets etc so I know there is power available. Are there issues with this. Didn't see a whole lot when I searched. What are the remedies. I assume the warranty has long since expired.
post #2391 of 2925 Old 06-28-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsou View Post

I have a launch PS3 that I really don't use very often. Yesterday I tried to turn it on to watch a Blu-Ray. Nothing. No lights, no anything. Toggled the back main power a few times, I changed outlets etc so I know there is power available. Are there issues with this. Didn't see a whole lot when I searched. What are the remedies. I assume the warranty has long since expired.

If you have no lights it's a power supply. If you need a remedy, send me a message on skype my ID is schnurmac. Or call me at 757-504-4263.

PSN ID mitzman

post #2392 of 2925 Old 06-28-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnurmac View Post

If you have no lights it's a power supply. If you need a remedy, send me a message on skype my ID is schnurmac. Or call me at 757-504-4263.

i'm having the same problem with a ps3 i'm trying to fix for a friend. i took the power supply apart and the fuse isn't blown.....is there a component prone to failing, just curious before I really start troubleshooting it
post #2393 of 2925 Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhdguy View Post

i'm having the same problem with a ps3 i'm trying to fix for a friend. i took the power supply apart and the fuse isn't blown.....is there a component prone to failing, just curious before I really start troubleshooting it

Most of the time it's the fuse. If it's not. I have never spent the time to pinpoint the issue further. Just replace it.

PSN ID mitzman

post #2394 of 2925 Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 AM

I have a great connection for roadrunner internet at home according to speedtest.net (12 down and 400 up i think with 32 ping). My ps3 is wired to the vonage router and my nat type is open. The past two nights my connection when playing COD has been horrible. I press select and it shows the one red bar. Road runner thinks it is the vonage router. The router is 4 years old. Could it be the router? If so do you recommend a wireless router I should get?
Thanks in advance for the help!
post #2395 of 2925 Old 07-09-2010, 11:09 PM

I have had this problem happen twice now. Sometimes when playing a dvd I only get some of the audio. The first time this happened we were watching a movie (Sherlock Holmes Blur Ray I believe), and only the background noise could be heard. No dialogue. Didn't have the problem again for a while. Then tonight while the wife was watching Friends DVD the same problem happened. Funny thing was, the preview for the episode worked fine and the actual episode would NOT work! (Each episode has a trailer/preview) I don't get why one would work fine and the other on the same DVD wouldn't. My setup has the PS3 going into a Monoprice 4x2 switch with output one going to an Onkyo reciever to the tv inside (works fine). Output two goes to the TV outside (where the problem occurs). It's very puzzling as almost everything else works and how the other features of the disc work. Any ideas?

Xbox: SchwedyBalz (Microsoft made me change it, again)
PS3: SchwettyBalz

Go Jackets!
Go Bolts!
post #2396 of 2925 Old 07-10-2010, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
One possibility is an intermittent issue with the 4x2 switch. Try the same DVD direct to the TV and see if it then functions properly.
I'd also try unplugging the 4x2 power when this happens, plug it back in with the DVD playing.
post #2397 of 2925 Old 07-17-2010, 06:47 AM

Hi all,

My current setup is to run my PS3 via HDMI to a Sony HT-CT100 sound bar and then run that via HDMI to my TV. Most of the time this works fine, but about once a week, I'll turn everything on, and no video will show on the TV. The TV is getting some sort of signal, and the sound bar shows it is receiving an HDMI signal (which it doesn't show if I turn off the PS3). However, the TV is just blank, and there is no sound. Unless, that is, I turn off the TV, and then sound comes out of the sound bar.

I can fix the problem by connecting the PS3 directly to the TV, and then plugging it back into the sound bar. Simply unplug and replug does not work though. Once "fixed," everything will be fine for a while, but then the problem shows up again.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a problem with my PS3 or something else, but I thought this might be a reasonable place to start. Any ideas?
post #2398 of 2925 Old 07-26-2010, 05:37 AM

Hi everyone. Well, I have just encountered my first serious problem with the PS3 since the purchase in Sept. of '07. I played NHL 10 with no problems late Saturday night but on Sunday afternoon I went to play it again and the PS3 wasn't reading the disc. I ejected the game and inserted it again with the same unfortunate result. I also tried a DVD and Blu Ray movie...nothing. I noticed that the disc does not turn as it is in the same position when it is ejected as when it is inserted. The motor obviously seems to be the problem. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Any advice for a solution? Thanks.
post #2399 of 2925 Old 07-26-2010, 06:00 AM

well I am annoyed! My 2 year old PS3 broke 2 months ago so i went ahead and bought the newer model PS3 Slim.

33 days of owning it and I turn the system on last night and the screen is jumping with different color patterns scrolling all over the place. I check the cables, swapped ports on the tv, etc and nothing helps... my other devices including the 360 work fine. I can play a game via the bd drive and it is ok but as soon as i go to the XMB or stream content it screws up.

Question, will Sony send me the same system and repair it or send me a refurb. Considering this was brand new and only 33 days old I do not want a refurb.
post #2400 of 2925 Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyk058 View Post

Hi everyone. Well, I have just encountered my first serious problem with the PS3 since the purchase in Sept. of '07. I played NHL 10 with no problems late Saturday night but on Sunday afternoon I went to play it again and the PS3 wasn't reading the disc. I ejected the game and inserted it again with the same unfortunate result. I also tried a DVD and Blu Ray movie...nothing. I noticed that the disc does not turn as it is in the same position when it is ejected as when it is inserted. The motor obviously seems to be the problem. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Any advice for a solution? Thanks.

Your laser assembly needs to be replaced. Unless a forein object has been inserted into it and it's causing the laser to not read the disk which will cause disk not spin up. I have many customers that their children like to deposit money into the ps3 lol.

PSN ID mitzman

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page